Visit the Moon?

+
No, it wasn't confirmed, people just make assumptions based on various pieces of information and trailer/footage tidbits.

Agreed.

Although, on futher thinking, big studios have a tendency to make totally ludicrous decisions on their DLCs. Mothership Zeta from Fallout 3 comes to mind.

Cyberpunk 2077 Community Podcast did an interview with Lilayah some time ago where she mentioned we wouldn't be going into space in the main game.

Maybe space is a possibility for expansions

Good to know, thank you for the info Neon :ok: I wouldn’t say no to a space expansion if it’s properly justified, but Night City seems like a hugely interesting and exciting place on its own anyway.

Although, on futher thinking, big studios have a tendency to make totally ludicrous decisions on their DLCs.

Not that there’s anything wrong with that, otherwise we wouldn’t have DLC/expansions as interesting and/or fun as Oblivion’s Shivering Isles or Far Cry 3’s Blood Dragon, for instance. But yeah, in the case of CP2077 I feel V is going to need a really good reason to visit a space station (if it were to happen to V.)

Mothership Zeta

Fallout has always been a great game series for some over-the-top stories and that DLC was no exception... for better and worse. On the one hand, I loved its pulpiness and campiness (it was a clear homage to american sci-fi pulp fiction of the 50’s) but, on the other, at times it took itself a little too seriously and, frankly speaking, its setting became a bit uninteresting after a while. It didn’t help that the two best Fallout 3 DLCs (in my opinion), Broken Steel and Point Lookout, had come out before and set a higher bar for Mothership Zeta.

Space is just not cyberpunk environment.

Cyberpunk is about lone individuals fighting against the encroachment of massive corporations upon the lives of ordinary human beings gone awry. That theme does not just stop at the doorstep of the stratosphere.

System Shock and Alien were fantastic Cyperpunk entries, all set entirely inside a space station, with lone mercs, soldiers and hackers surviving against the ravages of corporate technology and scheming.

Like wars were fought from the moon etc.?

The EU has massive railcannons capable of launching asteroids at the Earth on the moon. The US army might be more powerful than that of Europe, but that won't count for much if the EU can nuke earth from orbit. A single asteroid kept the US from being antsy. There were some proxy wars in space, but that was between corporations I believe.

At least, that was in 2020. I believe that the US has since then gone into a space race against the EU and might be winning in 2077.

Ive seen some space pictures. Yeah. 3:13. Definitely spaceship.

What the part of the trailer video looks like to me is a ballistic plane, which rises to the edge of space like a rocket only to fall down toward its destination on earth and land there. Flying up there will allow it to reach supersonic speeds greater than those of normal airplanes. (The speed required to reach orbit is about 28000 km/h, but this plane wouldn't orbit per se). I base this assumption on the fact that it is obviously a passenger vehicle in the video, and earth curvature visible from the window is aligned horizontally. So it wouldnt be a space ship in the sense that most people understand it.. Or, it could be a real space ship flying to a space station.

The original Neuromancer had inhabited space stations (freeside), so maybe Cyberpunk will too. Its definitely possible, but whether our story takes us there is another matter..

At least, that was in 2020. I believe that the US has since then gone into a space race against the EU and might be winning in 2077.
Doubtful.
In Cyberpunk the US Economy is a shadow of it's former self and a significant presence in space would be EXPENSIVE.

Doubtful.
In Cyberpunk the US Economy is a shadow of it's former self and a significant presence in space would be EXPENSIVE.

As PnP fluff is full of cotradictions (maybe because of the Data Crash?) the US presence in space is quite significant. USAF is leading power in the space warfare and NASA is getting ahead in the exploration (at least in Deep Space Sourcebook, which seems to be the alternative future for the 2020, never being mantioned as one, though) Guess that's because Mike couldn't decide on the balance between his love for balkanizing things and his patriotism :)
Still. After IVth Corp War the final frontier would be rather neglectet and left to Highriders untill the land based powers sort their problems out. As in 2077 the Orbital Air seems to still be a leading commercial power in orbit, maybe the things are back to where they had been in 2020?
As for moon. I think earth provide a lot of interesting possibilities, but that space port in NC is there for a reason I'm afraid :)

Can you travel to Mars with faster then light with spaceships in Cyberpunk rules ?
Realistic Mariner 4’s total flight time was 228 days.

Apparently there was a section where you need to visit the Arasaka moon base, but that was in the pre Keanu build and Keanu ordered it to be scrapped because there wasn't enough references to Johnny Silverhand.

Close this spoilerino.
No one will answer because we just don't know. Don't get hyped about features that maybe won't be there.
:ohstopit:

(But in Cyberpunk 2020, there was space colonies but not the Moon if I remember well.)
Post automatically merged:

Imagine attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. IC-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. That would be awesome.

And you'll be blind because there's no night vision, not even a flashlight;-)

Top Bottom