Vissegerd needs a rework

+
My suggestion is:

Vissegerd
Human, Soldier, Knight
Deploy: Gain Charges equal to the amount of soldiers in a row.
Order: Damage an enemy unit by 1.
Charge: 1.
Strength: 5
Provision: 9

Since he no longer has Formation, it makes sense that he can add some interesting depth for Inspired Zeal ability. I believe there are not many cards now that provide worthy options for zeal archetype, compared, for instance, to monsters Overwhelming Hunger that has similar trigger nature, what do you think?

DC9V

Forum veteran
I don't see a reason to change him. When playing Inspired Zeal, I think Blue Stripes + Pavetta + Corvo + Vissegerd is a pretty strong team, and three Zeal charges are enough to keep one for Vissegerd. Reducing his ability of gaining charges to the amount of soldiers in a row would be a crucial nerf. Definitely not a fan of that.

Last edited:

DRK3

Forum veteran
Vissegerd went from being in every NR deck to being in none. All it took was the removal of Formation/Zeal, because he would be even more OP with this shieldwall and AA meta.

I think he should be 6pts but have no option for zeal/formation (unless from external sources), similar to the Luiza nerf in SY.

ya1

Forum regular
Gotta say no to that. I don't think Commandos need more love. Or any other such archetypes with narrow wincons but totally unfair when they hit it.

Visey could get that Formation back. There is so much competition at NR mid-prov that the old Vis might not even make it. It's too optimistic for the regular Shieldwall deck (needs the Frigate and Vysigota to stick). And the swarm deck on Uprising could use him.

Gotta say no to that. I don't think Commandos need more love. Or any other such archetypes with narrow wincons but totally unfair when they hit it.
[...]
How exactly are Commandos unfair when they work ?
I have to agree with DRK3 though, if Vissegerd just gets out of the range of generic 5 provision removal it becomes decent.
Vissegerd trading evenly/down against Boiling Oil/Alzur's Thunder/Nature's Rebuke etc is just too debilitating for it to ever be worth it, if you fix that issue it is still vulnerable to Parasite/Gigascorpion, however outside of those already tight answer safe, meaning it should be good to go.

ya1

Forum regular
How exactly are Commandos unfair when they work ?

You make a 8 point tempo play in R1 that creates 4 point carryover, possibly both for R2 and R3 with Renew. If you draw into your Roche, Adelia, Reinforcements and both Scouts then those points are untouchable.

You make a 8 point tempo play in R1 that creates 4 point carryover, possibly both for R2 and R3 with Renew. If you draw into your Roche, Adelia, Reinforcements and both Scouts then those points are untouchable.
I have played an awful lot of Tripple Commandos and can tell you from experience that that deck is still vulnerable and extremely luck dependent.
If you do not open Roche and Scouts and win Round 1 you immediately lose the game, furthermore Heatwave on Pavetta in Round 2 is also an immediate lose-condition.
Tripple Commandos is basicly a far more lopsided version of Lippy decks and immediately loses if it cannot bleed.

DC9V

Forum veteran
My suggestion is: [...]
Deploy: Gain Charges equal to the amount of soldiers in a row.
Sorry I thought you meant boosted soldiers.
Your idea actually isn't that bad, although I'd still prefer the boosted-allies-version.

Vissegerd trading evenly/down against Boiling Oil/Alzur's Thunder/Nature's Rebuke etc is just too debilitating for it to ever be worth it
Aren't there plenty enough options in NR to boost him to 6?

[...]
Aren't there plenty enough options in NR to boost him to 6?
There are also other targets demanding them, Vissegerd is far from game winning and the lack in flexibility hurts a lot, if relying on those to get acceptable value Vissegerd turns into an unreliable highroll card.

Visey could get that Formation back. There is so much competition at NR mid-prov that the old Vis might not even make it. It's too optimistic for the regular Shieldwall deck (needs the Frigate and Vysigota to stick). And the swarm deck on Uprising could use him.

Can not agree to that. If we are talking commandos in general, their high demands on deck building make any options tight on provision, add the necessity of expensive tutors and still in a match you want to draw cards in a particular sequence, unlike with many other meta decks, where you always have safe tempo plays with no explicit winconditions. Beside that, nowadays even a gold hand of commandos will not give you much help against other high-tempo decks, which are most of SK variations (Ursine ritual or Patricidal Fury) or already mentioned Overwhelming Hunger, as those are not bound to any specific cards or difficult setups, nor do they have such harsh demands on deckbuilding.

As for the Formation, you fairly noticed that Shieldwall already have many options to play around, I believe uprising has them also, since there are already plenty of boost cards and synergies for NR. Inspired Zeal, however, doesnt have many competent variations aside from Commandos. You already need to use at least two charges to pull off their whole combination, but, aside from Zeltkirk or Ansi, there are no real reasons to include more zeal giving cards. I believe making Vissegerd play with soldiers instead of boosted units can make a huge difference. Still, considering provision cost of 9 and requirement of zeal support, he wouldnt be too safe to use. Not to mention you'd have to make a particular setup.
Post automatically merged:

I think he should be 6pts but have no option for zeal/formation (unless from external sources), similar to the Luiza nerf in SY.

While it makes him a bit safer, I wouldnt call it a worthy decision in general. Shieldwall has already plenty of options, adding there another arguable one will not just give much depth to the game.

Speaking of Luiza, she's hardly an often played card either

Last edited:

DC9V

Forum veteran
There are also other targets demanding them, Vissegerd is far from game winning and the lack in flexibility hurts a lot, if relying on those to get acceptable value Vissegerd turns into an unreliable highroll card.
If I understand correctly you would prefer Vissegerd to be more independend - less reliant on cards like Corvo and Dandelion.

Top Bottom