Vista - Crashing problem

+
OK I bought The Witcher when it first came out some time ago. I stopped playing because of all the bugs/crashing I had back then. After recently learning of the free EE download and how it supposedly fixed all the bugs/crashes I reinstalled and updated. I can't say how disappointed I am.First I want to add that I have patched up to the newest patch on the site, had to in order to install EE. I also applied that hotfix posted on the site (Which now my game seems to crash more often, could just be a coincidence though). I am running as an Administrator in Compatibility mode -Windows XP Service Pack 2 with Disable Visual Themes, Desktop Composition and display scaling on high DPI settings all checked.I had some minor stuttering during movies at first, but that problem is solved for the most part. I got through Act 1 easy enough. Now I'm on Act 2 (of course) in Vizima Temple Quarter. I crashed twice when doing random things, but thought nothing of it at first. Well, now I'm in the swamp. It crashes here, A LOT. From doing things like just running from place to place, to trying to open up cabinets. Even when going back to town I crash way more then I would expect.Just to note, I have yet to get a pop-up when it crashes, it just simply closes.Anyways, my computer meets the requirements to run the game, but here are my computer specs anywaysWindows Vista Ultimate 32-bit Service Pack 1AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+ 2.00 GHz4.00GB RAMNvidia GeForce 8600 GT(I think that's all you need?)Also I seen most people request the crash log, so here it is.Can anyone please help me figure out the problem? /update: I just added my PCWizard document to the original post. Hopefully someone here can help with this?[MOD]Use the MODIFY button and attach files not paste them[/MOD]

Xavier78 said:
OK I bought The Witcher when it first came out some time ago. I stopped playing because of all the bugs/crashing I had back then. After recently learning of the free EE download and how it supposedly fixed all the bugs/crashes I reinstalled and updated. I can't say how disappointed I am.
the error log says you did not have the hotfix installeddelete this file C:\Users\John\AppData\Local\Temp\CH.dll as it might be a virus ( do check your whole system for viruses too )install the latest DirectX for you: http://downloads.guru3d.com/DirectX-End-User-Runtimes-(March-2009)-download-1943.htmlinstall the latest TAGES: http://tagesprotection.com/main.htm?page=minimum.htm ( once to uninstall and again to reinstall )run the game and attach the new errlog

I can't execute this game for some incompatiblity with &@%"3 Vista Ultimate (it sems) and all running in administrator mode. Any update like S.O. , directX, drivers cpu, graphics... can solve this for better. I hope someone can help me with this, please.My computer specifictaions :patch 1.4 installed (with problems in the process, xD). Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit Service Pack 1 (Updated).AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+ 3.01 GHz4.00GB RAM*ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series*Creative SB4*With latest drivers.PD: sorry for my bad english, but I can't find a forum in spanish :pPD2: "Vista" is worse than a toothache...

Nayan said:
My computer specifictaions :patch 1.4 installed (with problems in the process, xD). Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit Service Pack 1 (Updated).AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+ 3.01 GHz4.00GB RAM*ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series*Creative SB4
what problems?read: Getting tech help on the forum and attach that PCWizard report as instructed ( use the older version of PCWizard if you have problems with the newer one )do attach the file ERRLOG.TXT from The Witcher/System folder

As the subject says, anytime I try to load a saved game the game crashes to desktop. This happens with every saved game I try to load. I have attached error log file and my computer info file from PC WizardAnybody have any suggestions??

Ruguer said:
As the subject says, anytime I try to load a saved game the game crashes to desktop. This happens with every saved game I try to load. I have attached error log file and my computer info file from PC WizardAnybody have any suggestions??
can you try to run the game and load a save without ALchemy and without D3DOverrider ?get the latest DirectX for you: http://downloads.guru3d.com/DirectX-End-User-Runtimes-(March-2009)-download-1943.htmldoes the game worked before but crashed?read the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0 ( apply the Vista tips )

Disabling D3DOverrider did the trick. I think when I upgraded my Nvidia card to the latest version the riva tuner D3DOverrider started conflicting. Guess I'll have to wait for Riva tuner to release an updated version.Thanks for the help! I'm just happy to be playing again and that my saved games didn't get corrupted!

Hi,I seem to be having the same problem as a lot of people. I have the witcher with update 1.3 but it just locks up all the time, the sound is working but the game either doesn't load at all or it's so slow 1 movement takes five minutes. My system is a Dual core 2.66 machine with 2 gig ram and windows vista, I have a geforce 8500 gt graphics card and all drivers and software is up to date. I have tried all the solutions on the site but none will work.......any ideas?

eddaball said:
My system is a Dual core 2.66 machine with 2 gig ram and windows vista, I have a geforce 8500 gt graphics card and all drivers and software is up to date.
read: Getting tech help on the forum and attach that PCWizard report as instructed ( use the older version of PCWizard if you have problems with the newer one )do attach the file ERRLOG.TXT from The Witcher/System folder ( if the game crashed )update to patch 1.4: http://www.thewitcher.com/community/en/www/installation_of_twee_in_four_easy_steps.html

I'm getting a bit fed up now, this game is so flawed it's unbelieveable. How can any self respecting developer release such a flawed game to the public? Did they even bother to test it before it was released? I give up....it's goin in the bin

eddaball said:
I'm getting a bit fed up now, this game is so flawed it's unbelieveable. How can any self respecting developer release such a flawed game to the public? Did they even bother to test it before it was released? I give up....it's goin in the bin
all software products are flawed, somehow, that's why patches and updates are releasedyou give up? what did you try? did you attach those files like i've asked you?

eddaball said:
LOL this game runs like a dream compared to Fallout 3. Try that game once and you'll see how this one is so much better. (Well, if Witcher wont run at all... guess that isn't better, but alas...)Anyways. Like they already told you. Update to latest patch. Make sure if your using a ____ patch, it's the right version (and your game is bought and legal BTW). Don't use game trainers either, they will crash you left and right. (Note: Not saying you use either of those things, but that is for anyone else who might be, and can't figure out the problem.)[MOD]No such talk here[/MOD]

Xavier78 said:
Anyways. Like they already told you. Update to latest patch. Make sure if your using a ____ patch, it's the right version (and your game is bought and legal BTW).
just use the DVD or better yet apply patch 1.4 and you won't need the DVD in drive

I am currently having a problem that I don't even understand. I have loaded the game three times and loaded all the patches I can find. I simply get a message that an error occurred and the program ends. Any ideas?

dahlhoff said:
I am currently having a problem that I don't even understand. I have loaded the game three times and loaded all the patches I can find. I simply get a message that an error occurred and the program ends. Any ideas?
read: Getting tech help on the forum and attach that PCWizard report as instructed ( use the older version of PCWizard if you have problems with the newer one )do attach the file ERRLOG.TXT from The Witcher/System folder ( if the game crashed )also the new hotfix is here: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=21009.0

My game crashes too much. It ruines my gaming experience. It crashes when I use Axii signs on Kikimore workers. I am in the part where I fight Kikimore queen with alot of kimore workers. My drivers are updated. I had the hotfix patched. I am using Witcher Enhanced edition. I am using vista 64 bit. I run witcher in window XP SP2 compatability mode, diable visual theme, and desktop composition. Run it as adminstrator. I read most of the tech forum on vista crashes. I think that Neverwinter night auroa engine is the one to blame. Neverwinter night2 crashes alot in my experience. Is there anything that I can do to prevent crashes? I will not turn off autosave because I never know when it will crashes. I will not run this game in 640x480 resolution. Below is the witcher error log.[MOD]Attach the errlog not paste[/MOD]

Majere3 said:
My game crashes too much. It ruines my gaming experience. It crashes when I use Axii signs on Kikimore workers. I am in the part where I fight Kikimore queen with alot of kimore workers.
Neverwinter Nights 2 uses a different engine so that is not it :beer:read: Getting tech help on the forum and attach that PCWizard report as instructed ( use the older version of PCWizard if you have problems with the newer one )

Top Bottom