Vista - Crashing problem

+
Necroscope84 said:
Hello everyone I've done all the normal fixes mentioned here to fix the crashes, including run as admin and run in xp sp2 mode, etc but I ran across another great tip on a different site.
these are all old known tricks that might not be needed anymore, Vista Service Pack 1 already has that KB940105 update anywaydid you update to patch 1.5 already? did you remove TAGES too? if not, read the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0

Hi everyone i just recntly got The witcher, and i am experiecancing a lot of graphical issues, they seem to appear after around 3-5 loading sequences, the game has only crahed twice. I did find out that if is save the game when the issues start, then exit to the main menu and reload the issues are fixed for a short time. but its taking all the fun out of the game to have to save, quit to the main menu and reload so often. System DataOS: Windows Vista Home Premium - sp1 [fully up to date] 32 bitProcessor: AMD athlon 64 x2 dUAL Core 5200+ 2.60 GHzRAM: 3 GBVideo Carrd: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT Driver version: 196.21 CUDA Cores: 32 Memory interface: 128-bit Total available graphics memory: 1535 mb Dedicated video memory: 256mbDirectX version 10.1Realtech High Definition AudioInfo from last crashProblem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: witcher.EXE Application Version: 1.5.0.1304 Application Timestamp: 4910475c Fault Module Name: witcher.EXE Fault Module Version: 1.5.0.1304 Fault Module Timestamp: 4910475c Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Offset: 0013dcc9 OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3 Locale ID: 1033 Additional Information 1: b02f Additional Information 2: 0ad498c36f7906991af7309ff51394a3 Additional Information 3: ef54 Additional Information 4: 5addb16dc1c64fb08874a63502c1a612

Jaubrey said:
Hi everyone i just recntly got The witcher, and i am experiecancing a lot of graphical issues, they seem to appear after around 3-5 loading sequences, the game has only crahed twice. I did find out that if is save the game when the issues start, then exit to the main menu and reload the issues are fixed for a short time. but its taking all the fun out of the game to have to save, quit to the main menu and reload so often.
read: Getting tech help on the forum and attach that PCWizard report as instructeddo attach the file ERRLOG.TXT from The Witcher/System folderVista has a Service Pack 2 available for some timetry to disable Autosave in game toowhat game settings? resolution? etc?

Other OS Description Not AvailableOS Manufacturer Microsoft CorporationSystem Name System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.System Model M61PME-S2PSystem Type x64-based PCProcessor AMD Athlon(tm) 7850 Dual-Core Processor, 2800 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)BIOS Version/Date Award Software International, Inc. F5, 18/09/2009SMBIOS Version 2.4Windows Directory C:\WindowsSystem Directory C:\Windows\system32Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1Locale United KingdomHardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.0.6002.18005"User NameTime Zone GMT Standard TimeInstalled Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GBTotal Physical Memory 4.00 GBAvailable Physical Memory 2.88 GBTotal Virtual Memory 8.22 GBAvailable Virtual Memory 7.00 GBPage File Space 4.29 GBPage File C:\pagefile.sysrunning also a 1gig ati 4850 graphics i have the game updated the latest vga drivers the latest directx the ganes just crashes before it loads i am running vista sp2 any help very welcome thanks

I have the game patched at 1.5 Enchanted Edition and when i try to start the game from witcher.exe a black screen apears and in 1 sec game closes and it gives me this error:problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: witcher.exe Application Version: 1.5.0.1304 Application Timestamp: 4910475c Fault Module Name: witcher.exe Fault Module Version: 1.5.0.1304 Fault Module Timestamp: 4910475c Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Offset: 0034e632 OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.256.1 Locale ID: 1033 Additional Information 1: fd00 Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160 Additional Information 3: fd00 Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaaAnd i also whant to say that i tryed 4 different driver for my video car, soo i think it is not a driver problem, now i have all drivers at lastest patch.Here are my Computer spec:AMD Phenom II X3 710 Processor 2.60 GHzMemory: 4GB DDR3System : Vista 64-bitVideo Card: Ati Radeon HD 4650 I also whant to specify that i can't start the game from launcher.exe (nothing happends), and if i try to start the game from witcher-MCE(shourtcut) the black screen apears 1 sec dissapears then appears again and soo util i restart comp or close it from the proceses.I have attached the errlog.txt .(Sorry for my bad english i am not too good, still learning.)

silviualex93 said:
I have the game patched at 1.5 Enchanted Edition and when i try to start the game from witcher.exe a black screen apears and in 1 sec game closes and it gives me this error:
*get the latest DIrectX too: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=0cef8180-e94a-4f56-b157-5ab8109cb4f5*read: Getting tech help on the forum and attach that PCWizard report as instructed*read the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0 and see the Vista tips, and do detail what you've tried already and what happened

I attached the PcWizard and new errlog report after i instaled lastest version of directx.Nothing changed in the starting of the game still the same, but if i start the game from djinni.exe it works just the adventures, the witcher story not working.I tryed the patch 1,4 and now 1,5 no changes i have the same problem from the begining.I also tryed the HotfixPach for vista nothing works.

silviualex93 said:
I tryed the patch 1,4 and now 1,5 no changes i have the same problem from the begining.I also tryed the HotfixPach for vista nothing works.
what version is this ? 2007 original that you updated to 1.4 and then to 1.5 ?

No i do not thing it is from 2007 becouse when i installed the game it was already pached 1.4 , becouse 1,4 was not working i instaled pach 1.5 .Sorry for my bad English.

silviualex93 said:
No i do not thing it is from 2007 becouse when i installed the game it was already pached 1.4 , becouse 1,4 was not working i instaled pach 1.5 .
what Vista tips mentioned in the linked FAQ did you try already?

You should forget about my problem cus i uninstaled the game becouse it was the DVD of a friend and he was having his PC broken, while he repaired i wanted to try the game but now if he has repaired his computer he toked the DVD with the game back and i unistaled cus i do not whant him to have any problem.If he will have any problem with the game i will post on the forum.

Forgive me for being cynical but as witcher 2 is underway is this ever going to get fixed? yes ive read the faq, updated directx etc, got the latest patch, updated windows, running in sp3 640, running as admin, deleted saves, updated card drivers and disabled my antivirus and still my game crashes!! not to mention the lines through cutscenes which i take it is also never going to get fixed.so is there any magical fix that is going to make my game work?help would be so much more than just appreciated.

ravingham91 said:
Forgive me for being cynical but as witcher 2 is underway is this ever going to get fixed? yes ive read the faq, updated directx etc, got the latest patch, updated windows, running in sp3 640, running as admin, deleted saves, updated card drivers and disabled my antivirus and still my game crashes!! not to mention the lines through cutscenes which i take it is also never going to get fixed.so is there any magical fix that is going to make my game work?help would be so much more than just appreciated.
read: http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Getting_tech_help_on_the_forum and attach that PCWizard report as instructeddo attach the file ERRLOG.TXT from The Witcher/System folder ( if the game crashed )

Don't bother doing that. It won't work. The game will keep crashing until a proper fix is released. It's not happening only in Vista. Now it also happens in Windows 7 and Windows XP. The game crashes. Simply as that. And there is nothing you can do to fix this. Maybe installing 3 or 4GB RAM will solve the crashing issue. You need that much because the game simply keeps paging itself in your RAM. If you have 2GB, like me, don't bother.The game will crash, no matter what you do.I can actually prove this... Just look the memory paging, before and after a few loaded screens in the game. And the numbers just keeps going up at each new loaded landscape,house,cave, til it bottlenecks your system and the game crashes.... The game pages EVERYTHING in your RAM to decrease the loading time, but that isn't the best solution.Before:http://www.freeuploadimages.org/images/a8say7vgximytk3gew3n.jpghttp://www.freeuploadimages.org/images/ygp0rjrigrf29td1u4ek.jpgAfter:http://www.freeuploadimages.org/images/dgyel39v7cfk0izyv68.jpghttp://www.freeuploadimages.org/images/whmpg81fyb1hidekol.jpgIt is very known that windows 7 and windows vista reserves a part of the memory for itself. As the application just keeps consuming memory, after some time it reaches the RAM threshold and Windows is forced to close the application, a.k.a a crash.What bothers me most is that Microsoft must have released an update for Windows XP that limits the memory paging,because even in Windows XP The Witcher is crashing on me now. Years ago I didn't had that problem with Enhanced Edition on Windows XP. Now I have.I have both Windows 7 and Windows XP here, tried on both, same crashing problems on both.Whenever I have a crash the game somehow was able to paginate more than 1GB into the memory....That's monstruous.Experimenting more I was able to reduce a bit of memory consume by lowering the game's graphics.That could help to avoid crashes, but meh..... Couldn't the game use a limit to memory pagement to avoid this crashes ????

^^^^^^ well thanks for clearing that up. well i guess I'm going to have to uninstall this great game, i dont have the best gaming pc (far from from it) but it is good enough to play the witcher with max settings with no problems....well so i thought. i am not going to lower the settings so i can have enough memory to play without crashing because i like playing with the max settings it was one of the reasons i got this semi-old game in the first place. i am also not going to upgrade my ram because I'm not certain it will fix the problem. so im left with no other choice than to uninstall it and play it when i have a new computer (which will not be anytime soon)i know it wont happen but couldn't you guys please just release a patch/fix that would stop the crashes :)it would bring so much joy to your loyal customers

Orochi82 said:
Couldn't the game use a limit to memory pagement to avoid this crashes ????
and where are your logs?
Orochi82 said:
so im left with no other choice than to uninstall it and play it when i have a new computer (which will not be anytime soon)
attach the requested logs if you want some sort of answer here

Anyone with a half brain knows that those PC Wizard logs are a waste of time. Even if I offer it to you, you won't magically solve my crashing problems. I already posted them here in this same forum about a year ago and no one solved my crashing problems. This crash issue is very old ya know. I'll post the real SOLUTION to avoid the crashes. Install 3GB ram or more or decrease game settings to low so the game won't devour your RAM. That's it. Straight to the jugular. Too bad that playing in low settings isn't an option nowadays. I'm totally disappointed... This memory issue is so oldand CDProjekt did nothing about it.

Top Bottom