Vista - Crashing problem

+
Hello guys, I'm new here. Recently brought Witcher and I have some problems with running the game. When I double click on the icon my dvd drive spins and shows some cd icon on mouse pointer, but then there is no response from game, nothing starts, I have this problem on Vista x32 and W7 x64.My configurations is;AMD Athlon X2 2.7ghz, 4gb ram and ATi Radeon 4850.Please help :)

W7= Windows 7?I don't think the Witcher has support for Windows 7.In any case, I had this problem, and a clean re-install, (make sure you manually delete the files in My Documents, (don't forget to back up save games!), and my shared documents, and you may need to run disk cleanup as well), fixed it.

sulu said:
Hello guys, I'm new here. Recently brought Witcher and I have some problems with running the game. When I double click on the icon my dvd drive spins and shows some cd icon on mouse pointer, but then there is no response from game, nothing starts, I have this problem on Vista x32 and W7 x64.
read: Getting tech help on the forum and attach that PCWizard report as instructed ( use the older version of PCWizard if you have problems with the newer one )do attach the file ERRLOG.TXT from The Witcher/System folder ( if the game crashed )also the new hotfix is here: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=21009.0 do try to run the game directly from witcher.exe, as Admin with Compatibility Mode -> Windows XP SP2 and check that 640x480 box tooYou can get the latest TAGES version from here: http://tagesprotection.com/main.htm?page=minimum.htm ( Windows 7 compatibility added since version 5.5.5.2. )

I just bought this game a week ago and i am already having problems. The problem i am having is that the game will just shut down as i am running. thats it. I run Vista Premium, Intel Core Duo CPU P7450 @2.13ghz, and NVIDIA Geforce GT 130m. Hopefully someone can help.thank you for your timetim

I presume, as the Geforce GT 130m is a notebook video card, that you are running the game on a laptop.If so, could you tell us which laptop? That could help in determening if you can run the game.I know of a few people that are running The Witcher smoothly on their laptops, however, I do not know which laptops they're using.

timothypsmith83 said:
I just bought this game a week ago and i am already having problems. The problem i am having is that the game will just shut down as i am running. thats it. I run Vista Premium, Intel Core Duo CPU P7450 @2.13ghz, and NVIDIA Geforce GT 130m. Hopefully someone can help.
read: Getting tech help on the forum and attach that PCWizard report as instructed ( use the older version of PCWizard if you have problems with the newer one )do attach the file ERRLOG.TXT from The Witcher/System folder ( after the game crashed )you should get:*at least Service Pack 1 for Vista*get the latest DirectX for you: http://downloads.guru3d.com/DirectX-End-User-Runtimes-(March-2009)-download-1943.html*get the latest nVidia driver for you: Vista 32bit or Vista 64bit*the new game hotfix from here: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=21009.0 *Autosave disabled in game
timothypsmith83 said:
I presume, as the Geforce GT 130m is a notebook video card, that you are running the game on a laptop.
GT 130M looks decent enough to play the game on High settings

As instructed i have downloaded both the hotfix and the thing for vista about page file.Contained is information on PC and the error log.

CrusadeB5 said:
As instructed i have downloaded both the hotfix and the thing for vista about page file.Contained is information on PC and the error log.
TAGES again :( patch 1.5 is out next week, in case that installing ( run once to uninstall the older version and again to install the newer one ) the newer TAGES version as Admin from here: http://tagesprotection.com/main.htm?page=minimum.htm does not workalso get the latest DirectX for you: http://downloads.guru3d.com/DirectX-End-User-Runtimes-(March-2009)-download-1943.htmloh and do read the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0 and run witcher.exe as Admin in compatibility mode as instructed therereattach the newer errlog if it crashes again after you did these

Ok it lasted a lot longer this time, but i dont have an error log now, theres something called crash.dmprather that vista say it performed an error it just froze completely and i had to restart.

I had originally bought a retail copy of The Witcher and had to quit playing early on due to constant crashes. When I downloaded the EE patch I thought I'd be kissing such problems goodbye. But sadly this has not proved to be the case. I'm near the end of Act 1 now and have to keep quicksaving before I exit a building becuase the game routinely crashes at the points where it quicksaves while leaving buildings. Does anyone have any suggestions? Please? I run Windows Vista Service Pack 1 and have a Radeon HD 8800 graphics card.

I bought the EE version directly and my game simply refuses to pass the entrance to Wyzima. I wonder if this can be the same bug. I have a Radeon HD 4670 and Vista SP1. I already had major difficulties playing the game at all (had to use the patch to disable the UAC first, and also to change the properties of the witcher.exe. But even that does not get me further than Kaer Moren, which is intensely frustrating. I first tested on a much smaller configuration (a laptop) and it was a lot easier. This is extremely weird.

godkingofdivineroad said:
I had originally bought a retail copy of The Witcher and had to quit playing early on due to constant crashes. When I downloaded the EE patch I thought I'd be kissing such problems goodbye. But sadly this has not proved to be the case. I'm near the end of Act 1 now and have to keep quicksaving before I exit a building becuase the game routinely crashes at the points where it quicksaves while leaving buildings. Does anyone have any suggestions? Please? I run Windows Vista Service Pack 1 and have a Radeon HD 8800 graphics card.
read: Getting tech help on the forum and attach that PCWizard report as instructed ( use the older version of PCWizard if you have problems with the newer one )do attach the file ERRLOG.TXT from The Witcher/System folder ( if the game crashed ) Radeon HD3800 or 4800 maybe...not 8800 disable Autosaves too ingame
godkingofdivineroad said:
I bought the EE version directly and my game simply refuses to pass the entrance to Wyzima. I wonder if this can be the same bug. I have a Radeon HD 4670 and Vista SP1. I already had major difficulties playing the game at all (had to use the patch to disable the UAC first, and also to change the properties of the witcher.exe. But even that does not get me further than Kaer Moren, which is intensely frustrating. I first tested on a much smaller configuration (a laptop) and it was a lot easier. This is extremely weird.
read: Getting tech help on the forum and attach that PCWizard report as instructed ( use the older version of PCWizard if you have problems with the newer one )do attach the file ERRLOG.TXT from The Witcher/System folder ( if the game crashed )if you played a DEMO savegame in the full game, you will get stuck when entering Vizima, so you need to start a new FULL game

LicaonKter said:
LicaonKter said:
Still the DVD error msg. I tried everything I could find to solve the error with Tages drivers, deleting register files etc, but that was futile.
get the latest TAGES, as admin run it once to uninstall and again to reinstall it: http://tagesprotection.com/main.htmif it works, disable Autosave ingame, and then see what happens
Well 1.5 didn't bring the miracle I was hoping for, although the game starts at least without the DVD error message ;) Still crashing trying to get into the Temple Quarter or the pubs in both quarters :(Attatched new errlog and pcw file :)Sincerely hope that something can be done about this.

ripburger said:
Well 1.5 didn't bring the miracle I was hoping for, although the game starts at least without the DVD error message ;) Still crashing trying to get into the Temple Quarter or the pubs in both quarters :(
can you give me these savegames that do this? you can send it ( use 7zip to archive it like instructed here):-via PM, link to the place where you upload it-via email, see my profile for the addressalso do specify what you do to get it crashing

hi there,i just bought the game and installed it bla bla made the 1.1a patch, and i made the updates for vista (its home premium) . amd phenom 9650 quad core 2.3 ghz,4 gb ram, ati radeon 4650 1 gb.. I can't even open the game I press the launch game and it gives error due to appcrash Please HELP! (sorry for my bad english)

ChienQuiFume said:
hi there,i just bought the game and installed it bla bla made the 1.1a patch, and i made the updates for vista (its home premium) . amd phenom 9650 quad core 2.3 ghz,4 gb ram, ati radeon 4650 1 gb.. I can't even open the game I press the launch game and it gives error due to appcrash Please HELP! (sorry for my bad english)
get the Enhanced Edition patch install it and then get patch 1.5 and install it too

I have Vista premium service pack 2 and a 8800GTSOC and just installed 1.4 and 1.5 patch now when talking to characters or during cutscenes there is no character models only empty screens with scenery and no people sometimes their shadows are visible. I have the newest video drivers installed. I am wondering if there is a known problem with Vista Service pack 2 and nvidia drivers.

cbesner said:
I have Vista premium service pack 2 and a 8800GTSOC and just installed 1.4 and 1.5 patch now when talking to characters or during cutscenes there is no character models only empty screens with scenery and no people sometimes their shadows are visible. I have the newest video drivers installed. I am wondering if there is a known problem with Vista Service pack 2 and nvidia drivers.
Tinker a bit with the AA settings on your system to see if that makes any difference. In earlier versions of the game, I found that turning on AA caused windows in buildings to disappear as well as a few other oddities.

I have looked at other threads and they don't really cover my issue. I am a relative newbie to The Witcher and I think it looks fantastic....BUT, I heard it's extremely buggy.Last night I was attempting to save after Geralt had rested and levelled up. You can tell I haven't got very far because we are still in Kaer Morhan at this time. And I crashed. Not to desktop, but crashed and PC rebooted. I am running with the 1.5 patch. I have an AMD Phenom Quad Core Processor, 4Gb RAM, 750 watts Corsair power supply, ATI Radeon 4850 1024Mb cards, two of. Vista 64 bit with all updates. I have the last but one drivers for my video card because the latest drivers kept giving me an installation error and the download was corrupt. So I have a beefy system all right and it works fine with other games, even Oblivion doesn't crash very much, and that only to desktop. Crysis - no problem. I can run ANYTHING, and nothing gives the same result as The Witcher.Can someone tell me, is this par for the course with The Witcher? It has kind of discouraged me from playing as I do not want to bust my gaming rig. BTW I have no errorlog.txt file in my Witcher install folder. All my hardware is fine. Am scratching head!

Ginnyfizz said:
I have looked at other threads and they don't really cover my issue. I am a relative newbie to The Witcher and I think it looks fantastic....BUT, I heard it's extremely buggy.Last night I was attempting to save after Geralt had rested and levelled up. You can tell I haven't got very far because we are still in Kaer Morhan at this time. And I crashed. Not to desktop, but crashed and PC rebooted. I am running with the 1.5 patch. I have an AMD Phenom Quad Core Processor, 4Gb RAM, 750 watts Corsair power supply, ATI Radeon 4850 1024Mb cards, two of. Vista 64 bit with all updates. I have the last but one drivers for my video card because the latest drivers kept giving me an installation error and the download was corrupt. So I have a beefy system all right and it works fine with other games, even Oblivion doesn't crash very much, and that only to desktop. Crysis - no problem. I can run ANYTHING, and nothing gives the same result as The Witcher.Can someone tell me, is this par for the course with The Witcher? It has kind of discouraged me from playing as I do not want to bust my gaming rig. BTW I have no errorlog.txt file in my Witcher install folder. All my hardware is fine. Am scratching head!
read: Getting tech help on the forum and attach that PCWizard report as instructed ( use the older version of PCWizard if you have problems with the newer one )read the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0 ( see the Vista tips: compat mode , Admin mode etc )do attach the file ERRLOG.TXT from The Witcher/System folder
Ginnyfizz said:
read: Getting tech help on the forum and attach that PCWizard report as instructed ( use the older version of PCWizard if you have problems with the newer one )

Top Bottom