Visual downgrades with every patch?!

+
Am I hallucinating or is the game getting visual downgrades with every patch?

When the game came out it looked fantastic and it was running perfectly fine on my PC: high FPS at Ultra settings, no stutters (except for the save stutter which we were able to resolve).

Now the game looks downright ugly as I'm driving through the city. Objects and shadows pop in around 20-30 ingame meters in front of me. The city right in front of me is constantly changing and adjusting. It's really not enjoyable to play the game anymore. Driving around the city was very immersive and atmospheric before, now it's jarring.

I still have all settings on Ultra so I don't think it can be that. What's happening? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for any insight.

Yep on PC, unfortunately, it seem quite obvious :(
Another thread > Graphic Downgrade with every Patch on PC
But that should get better when the Next-Gen patch is here. At the moment it was more stability and performances that was the center of attention it seems to me. You have to be patient, a little more :)

Am I hallucinating or is the game getting visual downgrades with every patch?

When the game came out it looked fantastic and it was running perfectly fine on my PC: high FPS at Ultra settings, no stutters (except for the save stutter which we were able to resolve).

Now the game looks downright ugly as I'm driving through the city. Objects and shadows pop in around 20-30 ingame meters in front of me. The city right in front of me is constantly changing and adjusting. It's really not enjoyable to play the game anymore. Driving around the city was very immersive and atmospheric before, now it's jarring.

I still have all settings on Ultra so I don't think it can be that. What's happening? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for any insight.
Your not doing something wrong. CDPR chose to optimize the game by downgrading the visuals. Lazy option to gain some performance.

Wow, does it mean that the release version was the best looking from a graphical standpoint so far? I mean, okay if they downgraded low, medium and even high option presets, but could they leave ultra untouched? Did they? I haven't played the game after I finished it on release month, still waiting for patches and mods to fix it.

Top Bottom