Visual effect of the Wild Boar of the Sea

+
--- Mods please lift this to the right topic, thanks ε:

Got an idea for the damage visual effect of the wild boar of the sea card:

Currently when deployed, there are up to two rounds of wave(s) hitting all enemy row(s) with unit(s), but the damaged units were damaged twice while units with full health only got hit once. I felt the current visuals doesn't reflect that damage mechanism very clearly.

My suggestion is for a more precise, two-stage damage visual effect mirroring the damage style of the card:

step one: shoot out water jet(s) from the card to damage all damaged enemy unit(s).
step two: unleash the wave(s) going over all enemy row(s) with unit(s), damaging all by 1.

This way I felt the damage effect of the card will be conveyed clearer and less repetitive.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Also on the topic of visual improvement, the hit effect on armor can be done with some new flare. I noticed the current hit effect doesn't distinguish hits on armor vs. on soft (non-armored) units. I felt that units with armor should get a new hit effect when receiving non-penetrating (armor value > damage value) hits, like flying metal sparks/ricochet etc. Armors are extra protection for soft units after all (except the living armor lol), and imo armor hits should look different from body blows as well (like shields have the shield-break visual when hit, for example).

Last edited:
Top Bottom