Visual Glitches Report Question

+
Hi everyone,

So is the "Report a visual glitch" supposed to be just reporting or are they supposed to help you fix the issues? I have been recently encountering severe visual glitches like texture bugs, missing geometry, LOD issues and odd colourful light sparkles. The part that makes no sense is that they happen now much more than at release. If you are curious this is the thread I made for the most common ones I see - https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/odd-texture-glitches.11110100/
After I reported the glitches they only asked me to provide additional information about them and then complete silence. It's been 2 weeks since. Do they need time to work on them? Are they trying to recreate the bugs? Are they supposed to help fix them or did they decide to ignore the case?
I know they most likely get a lot of reports but it would be nice if they let you know if they will help or if they are working on it.

DC9V

Forum veteran
Upvote 0
Norton isn't on the system anymore. Do you know how I can check if this Defender Execution Prevention is doing something wrong?
Windows 11
  1. Select Start, then open Settings. Under Privacy & security, select Virus & threat protection.
  2. Under Virus & threat protection settings, select Manage settings, and then under Exclusions, select Add or remove exclusions.

Where to add an exclusion in the Windows Security app.
  3. Select Add an exclusion, and then select Cyberpunk2077.exe. Make sure it's allowed for both private and public networks.
Windows 10
  1. Go to Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security > Virus & threat protection.
  2. Under Virus & threat protection settings, select Manage settings, and then under Exclusions, select Add or remove exclusions.

3. Select Add an exclusion, and then select Cyberpunk2077.exe. Make sure it's allowed for both private and public networks.

In case you had Cyberpunk installed on various drives in the past, it will be listed multiple times. You can allow all of them, it won't cause any problems.

I managed to finally delete the safe. I haven't loaded it though. The moment I saw it on the "load save" in-game list I started looking for a way to delete it. Initially, it wouldn't allow me for some reason. Do you think another clean-install after deleting it, is necessary?
Why don't you just disable cloud sync? / No I don't think another clean-install would be necessary. However, manually deleting rendering.ini, and then letting GOG verify game files might be a good idea.

Upvote 0
Windows 11
  1. Select Start, then open Settings. Under Privacy & security, select Virus & threat protection.

Windows 10
  1. Go to Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security > Virus & threat protection.

In case you had Cyberpunk installed on various drives in the past, it will be listed multiple times. You can allow all of them, it won't cause any problems.

Why don't you just disable cloud sync? / No I don't think another clean-install would be necessary. However, manually deleting rendering.ini, and then letting GOG verify game files might be a good idea.
Cloud sync was disabled but after reinstalling GOG it was back on. Thanks for the suggestions, I haven't tried those but I will and see what happens. I just have to speedrun to the buggy areas.

Upvote 0
Windows 11

Windows 10

So I finally managed to level up enough so I can go to the missing geometry areas without getting one shotted. Unfortunately, adding Win Defender Exclusion nor removing rendering.ini and then verifying game files changed anything. At least we know that the issues aren't from any anti-virus software or rendering.ini. It was worth a try though and 2 more things getting crossed out of the list.

Upvote 0
So I finally managed to level up enough so I can go to the missing geometry areas without getting one shotted. Unfortunately, adding Win Defender Exclusion nor removing rendering.ini and then verifying game files changed anything. At least we know that the issues aren't from any anti-virus software or rendering.ini. It was worth a try though and 2 more things getting crossed out of the list.

And this missing geometry is what exactly?

The Militech vehicle?

And that's on an entirely new save following after your clean install and you did not install any mods since?

Upvote 0
And this missing geometry is what exactly?

The Militech vehicle?

And that's on an entirely new save following after your clean install and you did not install any mods since?
All Militech vehicles in that area. And the ground is missing when it's supposed to be at low LOD instead it doesn't render at all. Yes clean installed the game, new save all old ones deleted and no mods. All drivers were updated but it was the same with the old ones.

DC9V

Forum veteran
Upvote 0
Dang... Have you reached out for technical support (not visual issues), and did they reply yet? Some specific objects in the game have an extra small draw distance, which cannot be increased even when trying to increase
(code:
[Streaming]
DistanceBoost

:code)
by either creating an .ini file, or by adding the code to rendering.ini.

In case of the latter, I had the impression that changes to rendering.ini might have corrupted my save files, although I wasn't able to reproduce it.

See one of my older threads:
Update: I've edited the title of this thread because I'm still not sure
weither the issue has been caused by .ini tweaks or in another way.
(Old title: .ini-Tweaks Got Stuck to Save Files)

If a person is experiencing a similar issue, they're now invited to
use this thread even if there hasn't been any mods installed.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Hello! It would be great if more people could help figuring this out.
Somehow this .ini-tweak from Nexusmods got tied to my save files.

I've encountered these three issues:
#1)
textures and objects flickering and disappearing (This is the main issue)
#2) flickering sunlight (probably not persistent with save files, but not entirely sure)
#3) every second time I loaded the same exact save file, issue #1 was gone, but occurred again with the very next quick-load.

Cause of the issue:
#1)

[Streaming]
Distance Boost = 50.000000
_Note: I've tried values from 42.000000 to 60.000000, not sure which one got stuck)
#2)
[DLSS]
Enable = true
EnableCustomMipBias = true
EnableMirrorScaling = true
MirrorScaling = 1.000000
Sharpness = 1.00000
_Note: As mentioned earlier, I'm not sure if this particular one persisted with the files, but it might explain issue #3 in some way. The Draw Distance Boost remains the one that started causing the issues.
#3)
Not sure what was causing this. Maybe different versions of rendering.ini got stuck to the same save files.

Videos:
#1)
The DLSS mod [#2)] was not installed when I made this video.

# 1 ; 3)

Reproduction:
I was able to solve the issue by deleting the affected save files and by rolling back to version 1.22, although rolling back might not have been necessary.
Unfortunately I wasn't able to reproduce the issues yet. Like I said earlier my possibilities are limited.

In case you want to help figuring-out how to reproduce it:
  • Set the value of [Streaming] DistanceBoost between 48.000000 and 60.000000,
    • get inside Delamain HQ, stand close to the reception and create a manual save-file,
      then fast-travel to Charter ST, there you create another manual save-file.
      • At Charter ST, keep an eye on objects and buildings in the distance, as well as textures on the ground.
        • If you see textures missing or flickering, close the game, remove the tweaks from the ini, launch the game again and load the save-file at Charter ST to see if the issue persists.
        • If you don't see any issues after the fast-travel to Charter ST, quick-load the recent save file by pressing F9 once to see if it makes a difference.
          • To avoid issues on future save files: delete all auto-saves and quick-saves, as well as the manual save-files that have been created while the mod was installed.
          • differential diagnosis: Clean-install GPU drivers
          • Assumptions:
            • If the issue also occurs on old save files: Deleting the new save files (that have been created while the mod was installed) might be enough to solve the issue?
            • Pressing Continue in the main menu might not show any of the mentioned issues?
            • Saving over an existing save-file might be causing it ?

------------ ----------- ---------- --------- -------- ------- ------ ----- ---- --- -- -
System: Ryzen 9 5950x ; rtx 3090 ; 4x8gb ddr4 3600 cl15 ;
Win10 20H2 ; Cyberpunk v.1.23 /1.22 ;
All drivers and BIOS are up-to-date ;
Resizable Bar enabled .
------------ ----------- ---------- --------- -------- ------- ------ ----- ---- --- -- -
Post automatically merged:

Cloud sync was disabled but after reinstalling GOG it was back on. Thanks for the suggestions, I haven't tried those but I will and see what happens. I just have to speedrun to the buggy areas.
Some more suggestions:
  • Before Installing GOG offline:
    • Discharge your capacitors:
        • Turn off the computer.
        • Unplug the power cord from the back of the unit.
        • Hold down the power button on the unit for 30 seconds.
        • Let go of the power button.
        • Plug the power cord back into the computer.
        • Turn the machine on.
    • Make sure GOG's download cache is empty.
    • Delete hidden files in Cyberpunk's saves directory
    • Double check that GOG's Cloud Sync is disabled before downloading Cyberpunk.
  • Don't necromance your game files from a backup. You really need to download all the files once again.
  • Make sure to uninstall everything related to Cyberpunk, including regEdits and AppData.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@DimondPaw

I'd recommend you send in a few saved games to CDPR Support and see what they say. I'd keep it to three:

1.) The oldest saved game you have that was exhibiting these issues.
2.) A saved game from the new playthrough that you started after the CLEAN installation.
3.) A brand new saved game with a brand new character that you start now. (I'd just B-line to an area that you know will be buggy.)

It will be interesting to see if they can get these issues to manifest on their test systems.

The more I'm reading, the more I think I'm wrong, and this may very well be a hardware issue.

Upvote 0
@DimondPaw

I'd recommend you send in a few saved games to CDPR Support and see what they say. I'd keep it to three:

1.) The oldest saved game you have that was exhibiting these issues.
2.) A saved game from the new playthrough that you started after the CLEAN installation.
3.) A brand new saved game with a brand new character that you start now. (I'd just B-line to an area that you know will be buggy.)
Maybe only 2 because I don't have old saves. Only the current ones.
It will be interesting to see if they can get these issues to manifest on their test systems.

The more I'm reading, the more I think I'm wrong, and this may very well be a hardware issue.
Previously you said that you don't think it's a GPU issue. Does something make you think it's the GPU again or do you suspect another component or a combination? There's this guy who commented on my previous thread that he has the exact same missing geometry issues but he hasn't been active recently so I don't know much. Makes me question what are the chances of 2 different people on very likely different hardware having this issue. If he has the same GPU then there's a pretty big chance this be the problem, which is not a nice problem to have with current GPU prices.

Dang... Have you reached out for technical support (not visual issues), and did they reply yet? Some specific objects in the game have an extra small draw distance, which cannot be increased even when trying to increase
(code:
[Streaming]
DistanceBoost

:code)
by either creating an .ini file, or by adding the code to rendering.ini.

In case of the latter, I had the impression that changes to rendering.ini might have corrupted my save files, although I wasn't able to reproduce it.

See one of my older threads:

Some more suggestions:
  • Before Installing GOG offline:
    • Discharge your capacitors:
        • Turn off the computer.
        • Unplug the power cord from the back of the unit.
        • Hold down the power button on the unit for 30 seconds.
        • Let go of the power button.
        • Plug the power cord back into the computer.
        • Turn the machine on.
    • Make sure GOG's download cache is empty.
    • Delete hidden files in Cyberpunk's saves directory
    • Double check that GOG's Cloud Sync is disabled before downloading Cyberpunk.
  • Don't necromance your game files from a backup. You really need to download all the files once again.
  • Make sure to uninstall everything related to Cyberpunk, including regEdits and AppData.
Will try to open another ticket but this time only with the missing geometry bugs.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Previously you said that you don't think it's a GPU issue. Does something make you think it's the GPU again or do you suspect another component or a combination? There's this guy who commented on my previous thread that he has the exact same missing geometry issues but he hasn't been active recently so I don't know much. Makes me question what are the chances of 2 different people on very likely different hardware having this issue. If he has the same GPU then there's a pretty big chance this be the problem, which is not a nice problem to have with current GPU prices.
Well, normally when hardware borks out, the issues are apparently random and inconsistent. But, you'll see issues almost across the board, meaning something will apparently go wrong with everything.

When software borks out, the issues are usually isolated and reliably re-created. Ala, "this game always crashes on my PC and nothing else does," or, "I keep on getting weird graphical artifacts after 20 minutes of play, but only in this section."

What you're showing is something that looks like software, but cannot be re-created on other systems. It might still be drivers / firmware or something, but I'm really confused as to how you're seeing these particular issues so readily on your system. The only thing that would make sense to me is if you're save files contain reference data from mods that are no longer installed...but if you're playing a brand new playthrough on a clean installation, then the issues are somewhere on your system. I'm at a loss.

Hopefully, CDPR Support can find something that will help you.

Upvote 0
Anyone else having this chain fence pop in issue? It's loading the high quality assest just few meters away from the camera.

See this comparison how the fence should look like taken from someone's playtrough from youtube vs how it looks like for me.

Edit: I confirmed that this issue does not happen with old 1.5. build

Last edited:
Upvote 0
hello, this gray square Appeared after an update, with white response when clicked in game, 1080 video card

Attachments

• POkbWrfmQw0.jpg
    POkbWrfmQw0.jpg
    382.8 KB · Views: 106
Upvote 0
I ask because I remember someone who had this kind of "grey square" and it was due to an overlay (don't remember which one and I can't find the thread...)
So yu're sure, there is no overlay ?
(like xbox bar, Nvidia in-game overlay)

Upvote 0
Find the thread :)
It was on TW3, but it really look like you have the same issue or almost. It was something related to GeForce Experience.

Upvote 0
Hi everyone,

So is the "Report a visual glitch" supposed to be just reporting or are they supposed to help you fix the issues? I have been recently encountering severe visual glitches like texture bugs, missing geometry, LOD issues and odd colourful light sparkles. The part that makes no sense is that they happen now much more than at release. If you are curious this is the thread I made for the most common ones I see - https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/odd-texture-glitches.11110100/
After I reported the glitches they only asked me to provide additional information about them and then complete silence. It's been 2 weeks since. Do they need time to work on them? Are they trying to recreate the bugs? Are they supposed to help fix them or did they decide to ignore the case?
I know they most likely get a lot of reports but it would be nice if they let you know if they will help or if they are working on it.
I am experiencing the same problem on version 2.01

Top Bottom