Visual indicator for cards not in your starting deck

+
Hello, I'm a mobile Gwent player logging on to the forums to make a suggestion. Since I have fewer than 10 posts (no posts, actually) my understanding is I need to submit it here and someone may make a thread for it.

I'd like to propose some kind of visual indication of whether or not a card is part of your starting deck.

I've been experimenting with assimilate builds that try to abuse spawned copies of Duchess's Informant, but at the moment I can't distinguish between spawned and original copies in the opponent's grave when using experimental remedy, which means its sometimes hit or miss on the extra assimilate trigger. This is gameplay-relevant information that's part of a card but hidden from the player, please fix!

In general though I love the game, big fan of CCGs and have enjoyed Gwent's unique flavor, thank you for all of the hard work.

EDIT: Thank you for creating the thread. In terms of thoughts on how this might be implemented, I figured it should be visible in both hands and graveyards since effects can put non-starting deck cards in both places, and distinct enough from statuses and other icons so as not to be confused with them, like a subtle tint or border effect. I also think it should be visible on the card preview and not the card detail (though maybe spelled out in the detail so people can intuit what the visual distinction means if they investigate). If it were only in the detail, having to wait (on mobile at least) to open and read the cards to find what you want would eat up too much of the turn clock I think.

Last edited:
Top Bottom