Visual Issues: screen flashes with multiple colors and whites out

+
Cyberpunk2077 2023-05-15 22-33-35.png
Cyberpunk2077 2023-05-15 22-32-09.png

I recently updated my game and all my mods and when I go to play my game looks like this. I also tried to play without it and got the same issues. I recently updated my graphics driver could this be the cause? My driver was really out of date before but I never had these issues with it. I use amd ryzen 3 5300u

Maybe try to clean install your drivers if you "simply" update them.
NVIDIA
I. Download the latest drivers using the following link: https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
II. Download Display Driver Uninstaller and run it to remove previous versions of drivers.
III. Clean install drivers that you've downloaded in step 1.
AMD
I. Uninstall your graphics drivers using the AMD Cleanup Utility software.
II. Download and clean install the latest drivers from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support

Display Driver Uninstaller is a real gift from the gods but triple check yourself on the steps to take before using it. It’s really only meant for major issues like it sounds like this could be. One thing you should check is whether or not anything else you use in your PC has similar graphical or visual issues. Make a note of it before going ahead (still go ahead but make the note in case you eventually pass this along to Support). If the clean uninstall/reinstall of the graphics driver doesn’t do it, also do a clean uninstall / reinstall of the game itself (just back up any saved games ahead of time and it’ll be good). If you have any questions about the steps needed and small details, absolutely ask here and elsewhere for help, people should love to make suggestions.

Maybe try to clean install your drivers if you "simply" update them.
NVIDIA
I. Download the latest drivers using the following link: https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
II. Download Display Driver Uninstaller and run it to remove previous versions of drivers.
III. Clean install drivers that you've downloaded in step 1.
AMD
I. Uninstall your graphics drivers using the AMD Cleanup Utility software.
II. Download and clean install the latest drivers from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support
Cyberpunk2077 2023-05-18 19-47-08.png
Cyberpunk2077 2023-05-18 19-48-20.png

so i did this and I'm still having the problem its seems to get worse the faster I move.
Post automatically merged:

Display Driver Uninstaller is a real gift from the gods but triple check yourself on the steps to take before using it. It’s really only meant for major issues like it sounds like this could be. One thing you should check is whether or not anything else you use in your PC has similar graphical or visual issues. Make a note of it before going ahead (still go ahead but make the note in case you eventually pass this along to Support). If the clean uninstall/reinstall of the graphics driver doesn’t do it, also do a clean uninstall / reinstall of the game itself (just back up any saved games ahead of time and it’ll be good). If you have any questions about the steps needed and small details, absolutely ask here and elsewhere for help, people should love to make suggestions.
no other games i have are having issues like this. What exactly does the display driver uninstaller do? is it like just installing my current driver and then re-installing that because I tried that and it didn't work

Last edited:
View attachment 11353261View attachment 11353264

What exactly does the display driver uninstaller do? is it like just installing my current driver and then re-installing that because I tried that and it didn't work
In short, DDU remove entirely and properly everything related to drivers. So you reinstall the newest drivers on something "clean".
Way better explained here ;)
It's also possible it could be mod-related. So in this case, maybe only a clean install of the game could fix it.

As @LeKill3rFou said, DDU does an absolute 100% clean uninstall of your graphics driver and all its components in a way that really cannot be otherwise accomplished. Even the official options through NVidia and AMD do not do this (I *may* be wrong, some sources recommend AMD Cleanup Utility over DDU). One other way besides troubleshooting that DDU is used is for transitioning easily between two different video cards. All other methods are pretty much guaranteed to leave something behind. For best results you always run DDU while in Safemode and when not connected to your internet. The most simple steps are to download the most recent version of DDU, download the most recent version of your graphics driver, and then follow the steps outlined by DDU. For your first time I cannot recommend highly enough to create an account on Wagnard Soft and open a forum thread to detail what’s going on and ask for the precise steps towards solving it.
Edit: @noneofya22 Here’s a link to the FAQ / Walkthrough for using DDU. Other questions can be more finely detailed and answered via their forums.

I might also suggest doing a clean uninstall / reinstall of Cyberpunk 2077 following the clean uninstall / reinstall of your graphics drivers. For this follow the steps I’ll link to below as provided by CDPR Support. Personally I’ve found 2 premium programs to just be wonderfully useful for uninstalling any program (Revo Uninstaller Pro Portable, and System Mechanic Ultimate) but those are pure bonuses and not in any way required.

Let us know if this helps. If it’s useless that can inform me for later.

Last edited:
As @LeKill3rFou said, DDU does an absolute 100% clean uninstall of your graphics driver and all its components in a way that really cannot be otherwise accomplished. Even the official options through NVidia and AMD do not do this (I *may* be wrong, some sources recommend AMD Cleanup Utility over DDU). One other way besides troubleshooting that DDU is used is for transitioning easily between two different video cards. All other methods are pretty much guaranteed to leave something behind. For best results you always run DDU while in Safemode and when not connected to your internet. The most simple steps are to download the most recent version of DDU, download the most recent version of your graphics driver, and then follow the steps outlined by DDU. For your first time I cannot recommend highly enough to create an account on Wagnard Soft and open a forum thread to detail what’s going on and ask for the precise steps towards solving it.
Edit: @noneofya22 Here’s a link to the FAQ / Walkthrough for using DDU. Other questions can be more finely detailed and answered via their forums.

I might also suggest doing a clean uninstall / reinstall of Cyberpunk 2077 following the clean uninstall / reinstall of your graphics drivers. For this follow the steps I’ll link to below as provided by CDPR Support. Personally I’ve found 2 premium programs to just be wonderfully useful for uninstalling any program (Revo Uninstaller Pro Portable, and System Mechanic Ultimate) but those are pure bonuses and not in any way required.

Let us know if this helps. If it’s useless that can inform me for later.
doing a clean install of everything seemed to fix whatever was wrong, still don't know what was the cause though

Top Bottom