Vizima - Professional Poker Dice Players (Who are they?)

+
Vizima - Professional Poker Dice Players (Who are they?)

Does anyone know if there are any more professional poker dice players in Vizima other than Thalen and the Dwarf dude (Mungo or something)? I'm sure I recall Zoltan saying something about them hanging around by the Hairy Bear Inn but I can seem to find any others.Thanks,S

Availability of some of them depends on chapter, Count De Wett and the Hierophant are accessible in Chapter 3.

Ahhh, cheers. Still on Act II, just wanted to make sure I didn't miss any in case the progression to Act III meant that I couldn't return to Vizima.Thanks for the reply,S

Sophisto said:
Ahhh, cheers. Still on Act II, just wanted to make sure I didn't miss any in case the progression to Act III meant that I couldn't return to Vizima.Thanks for the reply,S
You can still access the act 2 areas during act 3.

Where exactly are Count De Wett and that Hierophant?
De Wett is in the watchtower, Hierophant is in the druid cove.In Act2 you can play against (the ones I can think of atm)-Zoltan-Thaller-Carmen-Gardener-Dwarf inside Hairy bear-Gambler inside Hairy bear-Vaska

In that case focus on both Dwarfs and Carmen, the others don't bet so much. And Thaller must have a really deep pocket, since he never runs out of cash, although you get only about 100 orens per game.

But the Dwarves aren't even professionals, how can they bet a lot?Also, I've played both Count De Wett and the fat dude (Velerad or something). Won about 300 orens from each one, but then they ran out of cash :-\Also it says now I'm a professional, and I can go look for better players. Who might those be?

Regardless they place the biggest bets in act2. In average the final pot was about 500 orens :)
Also, I've played both Count De Wett and the fat dude (Velerad or something). Won about 300 orens from each one, but then they ran out of cash
Interesting...I won about 1000 orens from each, every time I played with them. Anyway just let some time pass by and they'll be ready to play you again. From here you should try the gambling den

For me with them it goes like this:base 60 orens, then 90-something on further stakes...And where's the gambling den? Does it open after soe quest or I can find it by myself? (hey sorry to ask that many questions, but I need that new armour ;D )

Well at least a thousand would be most satisfactory for me. Thanks for the tip.Does the money respawn after 24h or after you reload the loaction?

these r only low lv poker players
True, but there is 1 guy who is quest related (although hes a wind bag... a cheap wind bag.....the bastard :D) I didn't pay attention on how long do you have to wait (but I'm preaty sure you don't 24h), I just asked them for a game every time i chanced by them. Try resting for an hour or reload the map.

This is frickin' ridiculous. I've found the gambling den and the guy who's supposed to be high level. Do you know how much I've won? 50 (fifty!!) orens!!!Where's the money at? Maybe I have to come by after that quest you mentioned, 'cause the guy asked me who directed me here, then he said "High stakes on this table"... and bet 20 orens. Great, just enough for a beer. :mad:Can this be because of a patch? I haven't installed 1.1a...

I don't know if its because of my patch (v1.2), but I win quite a lot as long as I up the bet every time it is offered (always choose the highest amount) and I can just exit the area, go back in, and the gamblers are ready to play again (as long as their not asleep, like munro who goes to sleep in the afternoon and isn't available again until a few hours after midnight) I won almost 6000 orens from munro in 1 hour simply by saving after each win (and reloading if I didn't win a match), exiting the hair bear inn, and going right back in to gamble again.

I noticed that poker was not a way to make big money unless you went to extraordinary lengths to get it (saving, loading, walking in and out). Basically, in each chapter, you can make a little more than the last one off each person if you play them once.In the Fields, you'll find a wraith who will play poker with you...for high stakes!

Top Bottom