Vlodimir von Everec question

+
Hi, I've got a question about the Vlodimir von Everec card, the description says "Deploy: Swap a unit's power with Armor". I was trying to make a deck with that card and the Sapper card under de impression that I could turn an enemy card to 1 power with Vlodimir and then remove the armor with the Sapper. But the Vlodimir card only seems to work on ally cards which is odd.

Is it supoused to work like that? 'cause it seems dumb really, normally you wouldn't want to change the power of one of your units to armor. Also, I could swear I got the Vlodimir card once using Uma's Course and actually used it against an enemy, but it seems like I was dreaming or something.

PD. Can one of the moderators please turn this into a post?
PD2. Just to get it out there, the other reason I wanted to use Vlodimir was because of the Living Armor card, it's ability says "This unit's power is always equal to its Armor", I thought I could use Vlodimir to change the Living Armor card power to armor, giving it 20 armor and then it boosting the unit to 20 power total but it doesn't work :( I know it would be a bit over powered but it'd be cool too...

Last edited:
But the Vlodimir card only seems to work on ally cards which is odd.
It works on opponent's units as well. Are you sure you weren't trying to use it on something that was protected by a Defender, or (unlikely) Immune status?

(Post moved to a new thread.)

It works on opponent's units as well. Are you sure you weren't trying to use it on something that was protected by a Defender, or (unlikely) Immune status?

(Post moved to a new thread.)

I've been experimenting with it in the Practice mode and actually just found out that it does seem to work on enemy units, but only on units that already have armor (ally or enemy) which is not ideal either.

Could it be an error or something? I'm using the desktop game, although idk if that changes things. Will try it again against another player in standard mode to see if it works.

Idk what confuses you. If the unit has no armor then it has nothing to replace it's power with and it's effect cannot happen. If you thought that if the unit has no armor then it would just reduce it's power to (0 or 1) lmao then you had too high expectations for this card (and everyone would be using it). :p And the cards armor and power are equal then it's even more clear that nothing will happen as swapping a 10 for another 10 giveth you no change... :smart:

Idk what confuses you. If the unit has no armor then it has nothing to replace it's power with and it's effect cannot happen. If you thought that if the unit has no armor then it would just reduce it's power to (0 or 1) lmao then you had too high expectations for this card (and everyone would be using it). :p And the cards armor and power are equal then it's even more clear that nothing will happen as swapping a 10 for another 10 giveth you no change... :smart:

About the Living Amor, sure, technically it wasn't possible, but again, would be cool.

I don't believe my logic is incorrect, I mean, the card is very straightforward on it's interpretation. Against cards that already have armor, they end up being 1 power and X armor, I was under the impression that the same would happen with any card.

If not, the Vlodimir card doesn't really have many uses unless you are lucky enough to play against a Yghern or a boosted-armored enemy card. But I guess many cards are really not practical anyway.

True, he is a rather useless card. Or rather his use is extremely limited and situational (I don't remember a situation where I would think to myself how good it would be to have Vlodimir in my hand xD ). :|

Yeah, it only works on cards that have Armor. It wouldn't make any sense if it worked on any card, I agree.

(And yes, it's a pretty bad card.)

True, he is a rather useless card. Or rather his use is extremely limited and situational (I don't remember a situation where I would think to myself how good it would be to have Vlodimir in my hand xD ). :|

From my perspective Vlodyimir needs a small buff. Maybe increase body to 6.

Currently, I use him in my bandit + Dracoturtle + Iris deck. (But actually I mostly play it when I have neutral quests). If you face units like Endrega Larvaes which you face very often he can generate a lot of value. Same holds for Glynnis aep Loernach, Percival Schuttenbach, Redanian Knight, Salamandra Assassin, Mutant.
It´s likely that his swapping power generates a value of 3, as there are many 4 power 1 armour no self-boosting engine.
And the bandit tag offers an additional +1 via Free Company.

It's a Meme Card probably best known for it's combo with the Greater Brothers where you try to give them a insane amount of Armor during the round and switch it in the final turn with Vlodimir in to power.

Not really a competitive combo but fun to try out in casual mode.
IMG_20210111_163554.jpg

The combo with dracoturtle is very strong (I believe armor traded is treated as armor lost for purpose of boosting the turtle). Unfortunately, dracoturtle is high priority removal and Vlodimir rarely has a good secondary target.

Top Bottom