Voice of Ciri

+
Voice of Ciri

CDPR, why did you hire Hawke as Ciri?!?

Not only is she poor actress in my estimate (she sounds like over-acting and/or not seeing what happens during cutscene), her soft british voice doesn't fit Ciri (IMO, of course), but worst of all, everytime Ciri speaks I get flashback of a certain game that shouldn't be mentioned in polite company...

I loved Ciri's character in the novels, but now I hope she won't appear much in the rest of the game or I'll be forced to play the game in polish... :)

Anyway, I'm glad I got this out of my system!

Anyone else noticed or was bothered by this?

I loved every aspect of Ciri and I thought her voice acting worked really well with Geralt's voice acting.

Last edited:
Ehm, nope.
I really love Ciri's voice. Her british accent fit the character (because Ciri is, first, a princess, and she was educated as such.
And...well, yeah, I try to not think about Dragon Shit 2. My simply though is that...that game is not Jo Wyatt's fault. LOL.

Ciri sounded fine to be, but it's been a while since I played a female Hawke DA2. I didn't even know that was the same VA until people mentioned it.

I could probably get over the poor acting, but it's exactly the same voice as Hawke. Let me contrast this with Jennifer Hale's Bastilla, Jaden Korr and Cmdr. Shepard, which, although obviously voiced by the same person, have distinct character.

As for Ciri being raised as a princess, and it is of course down to personal opinion, but seeing what she's been through in the novels, her speaking as one is very much out of character to me.

So far, I like her voice: it seems to convey a certain confidence of character, and strength of personality. However, I don't have any previous associations with this voice-actress, so my opinion is unbiased.

LOL Nerd gamers nitpick every little thing on the internetz these days. Thanks for the laughs!

I found that it came off a bit odd in the early cutscenes with her and the Baron. A bit loud and blunt, and sounded more like it fit in a fighting game for a taunt or something. The rest of the game the audio is much improved in my opinion - I haven't had any problems with her voice after that.

Even though @AlenCT was joking.... :p :

Ciri's voice in the English version is a solid 8. The Polish Ciri sounds like the voice actress is constantly unsure whether she's playing a child or an adult :p

In General:

English version - the main cast is superior, esp. Geralt, Ciri, Emhyr and Vesemir
Polish version - supporting and side quest cast is more immersive. Especially, that they swear exactly as much as they are supposed to in Sapkowski's world. The English version is a bit tame and PG 13 at times (in terms of dialogue)

Jo Wyatt's got a lovely voice and I think it fit Ciri very well... her voice acting was actually one of the better things about DA 2 :D I assume the supply of game voice actors must be really small or something, because I also hear Blackwall from DA:I and Roche and Iorveth on every corner...

Ciri's English VA was superb. I loved her tone, sometimes bordering on bluntness, sometimes full of youthful impudence, sometimes loud and happy, sometimes full of warm feelings, especially when speaking to Geralt and Yen.

Ciri's Polish VA on the other hand is just tragic.T-R-A-G-I-C. I had to change it back to English, as she sounded like a particularly annoying teenage going through hormonal phrase and being a total See You Next Thursday about it to everyone.

CDPR, why did you hire Hawke as Ciri?!?

Not only is she poor actress in my estimate (she sounds like over-acting and/or not seeing what happens during cutscene), her soft british voice doesn't fit Ciri (IMO, of course), but worst of all, everytime Ciri speaks I get flashback of a certain game that shouldn't be mentioned in polite company...

I loved Ciri's character in the novels, but now I hope she won't appear much in the rest of the game or I'll be forced to play the game in polish... :)

Anyway, I'm glad I got this out of my system!

Anyone else noticed or was bothered by this?

She is one of the best Voice Actresses , I love her.

Different Opinion.

Ciri's English VA was superb. I loved her tone, sometimes bordering on bluntness, sometimes full of youthful impudence, sometimes loud and happy, sometimes full of warm feelings, especially when speaking to Geralt and Yen.

Ciri's Polish VA on the other hand is just tragic.T-R-A-G-I-C. I had to change it back to English, as she sounded like a particularly annoying teenage going through hormonal phrase and being a total See You Next Thursday about it to everyone.

Not even a teenager, in the Polish version she would sometimes go: NOOOOOO, I don't WANNA as though someone just took her candy...:p

Not even a teenager, in the Polish version she would sometimes go: NOOOOOO, I don't WANNA as though someone just took her candy...:p

I know, right?! I wanted to scold and tell her to go to her room. No Internet and mobile phone for you, young lady!

You're kidding, right?
Fem sarcastic Hawke was easily the best part about that game and she played her part perfectly.

I don't have a problem with Hawke. My problem is that Ciri has exactly the same voice and it breaks my immersion. I think actors, and especially voice actors, should adapt to the part (I mentioned Jennifer Hale as a positive example).

---------- Updated at 07:29 PM ----------

Now I know I'll have to have at least one playthrough in polish! :)

Now I know I'll have to have at least one playthrough in polish!

All kidding aside I think that especially Velen is worth to experience in Polish. It's actually a lot how I imagine Poland to have felt like in the medieval times :)

A random villager whistling the theme song to "Czterej Pancerni" (a commie time cult Polish TV series) was priceless

But for all of you kids without the linguistic capabilities to enjoy both , let me remind you: the English version is the definitive version, the game was written in English. You're not missing the gold standard or anything like that :)

All kidding aside I think that especially Velen is worth to experience in Polish. It's actually a lot how I imagine Poland to have felt like in the medieval times :)

A random villager whistling the theme song to "Czterej Pancerni" (a commie time cult Polish TV series) was priceless

But for all of you kids without the linguistic capabilities to enjoy both , let me remind you: the English version is the definitive version, the game was written in English. You're not missing the gold standard or anything like that :)

Forefathers' Eve quest is the definite argument for playing at least once in Polish.

"Ciemno wszędzie, głucho wszędzie, Co to będzie, co to będzie?”

Top Bottom