Voice of Ciri

+
Forefathers' Eve quest is the definite argument for playing at least once in Polish.

"Ciemno wszędzie, głucho wszędzie, Co to będzie, co to będzie?”

Oh yeah , I thought that was really clever:)

Background for Everyone: The forefather's eve quest (a pellar follow-up) is using a few passages from the Polish literary canon "Dziady" by Adam Mickiewicz, one of the Three Bards (the greatest polish poets). Basically, our Ernest Hemingway :p

Edit: Johnny Humming "Iskiereczka" (a Polish nursery rhyme) is also a really awesome moment

Last edited:
It reminded me of another questline from Chapter 4 of TW1 based on Balladyna. To those not familiar with Polish literature: it's a famous poem by another great Polish poet, Juliusz Słowacki.

I really like whomever does the voice of Ciri, she does a very good job. If the OP has some issue because he played some other game with the same voice actress, I guess it's too bad for him.

CDPR, why did you hire Hawke as Ciri?!?

Not only is she poor actress in my estimate (she sounds like over-acting and/or not seeing what happens during cutscene), her soft british voice doesn't fit Ciri (IMO, of course), but worst of all, everytime Ciri speaks I get flashback of a certain game that shouldn't be mentioned in polite company...

I loved Ciri's character in the novels, but now I hope she won't appear much in the rest of the game or I'll be forced to play the game in polish... :)

Anyway, I'm glad I got this out of my system!

Anyone else noticed or was bothered by this?

I feel your pain. I don't like Ciri's voice either. She's over-acting, like what they do in the voice of Japanese animes.

Top Bottom