[Voice of the people-survey] What should the CDPR do with the "create" mechanics?

+

[Voice of the people-survey] What should the CDPR do with the "create" mechanics?

• Total voters
Let players decide if they want high risk high reward tactics in their decks.

The main problem is that there are a lot of Create cards that are actually very consistent and do not constitute a risk at all, while also being very rewarding in certain situations (Winch, Slave Driver, Elven Scout.)

Create is a great mechanic. Your problem is with cards that shouldnt have create on them like slavedriver. Create is awesome and if you would play a leader with create you can easily understand why. A player will be asked to set up a board in a way that not a single one created card is great but rather a lot of them are. Manouvering the board into that direction and knowing which cards you might end up getting is awesome rewarding and skillfull. These are the core points of a great mechanic

ser2440;n10707401 said:
The main problem is that there are a lot of Create cards that are actually very consistent and do not constitute a risk at all, while also being very rewarding in certain situations (Winch, Slave Driver, Elven Scout.)
I'm not against tweaking ones that are too consistent. I just have no issue with the mechanic itself.

Let's look back at this poll. The survey started a week ago and today we can see that:

- almost 40% of the poll participants think that "create" cards should be limited to the Arena only,
- roughly 30% would like to see the "create" mechanic disappear entirely,
- 18% would like to see the mechanic somehow reworked / nerfed / altered,
- 12% are happy with "create" the way it is.

Of course having the people voice out their opinion, does not mean that "the people" are necessary right
and, well, the sample size of the participant is small, but I still believe this result shows us something...

Raunbjorn

Kingoko;n10705941 said:
Why removing it from ranked or even totally? No1 even play them in ranked meta so why you guys bother? Just leave it as it is cause its fun in casual and arena

You don't play much ranked, do ya?

I have litterally crafted most of the create cards because it's a fun thing to do. Everyone cries about RNG yet there are only a limited number of cards that create can make. It still takes skill to know ALL the types and use them efficiently! I can't believe how many trolls are in here complaining about them being imbalanced when the truth is, it still takes skill to use them appropriately. Can't believe this is even an option that is put on the table to just get rid of them for the 5% of cry babies who can't make a decent win rate because they aren't using the same things as their opponents who clearly have more skill at using them altogether.

I would only recommend that if you do a wipe of create cards you refund FULL VALUE to those people who wanted to have fun and not take this so seriously.

For me personaly create is just another card play.
I only have 1 deck out of 8 that I use it in.

I can see "pro" players having an issue..
i would say just ban the card from pro ladder and tournaments

but since this is a video game..in which I use for enjoyment and I also play ranked I don't see the big issue.

Voted for 'leave as it is'. Of course, some cards can be re-balanced eventually, but that is the same possibility for every card. The only create card that I really wish would be re-designed at this point is Slave Driver, as I do not find it fun having my own cards used against me. This is partly because you often see that in combination with Viper Witchers, which may lead to the opponent playing more of your cards than you can keep in the board. I *love* the rune stones and hope they will remain exactly as they are. (I am a mostly casual player, currently at level 19 ranked.)

Personally, I like the unpredictability of create. It makes games varied and keeps you from facing the exact same decks over and over, at least until you get to levels where most create cards are no longer used. Create gets cards being played that you might not see otherwise. If my opponent uses create, it's their gamble and they take a risk that may either work or fall flat. It's a risk, and if they are willing to take that, I am willing to suffer the consequences if that risk pays off. Does his Shupe charm my 30-point unit, it's either my fault because I stacked too much or they won a big gamble. I have no problems with that. When I use create, it's most often a rune or a card like Mahakam Horn that gives me options to respond to what is happening in the game. If I am using a deck that does not interact much with my opponent, these cards at least give me options to do so.

How this all translates to the pro ladder, I have no idea. I just know I would be sad if a majority of these cards would be removed from the ranked lists. Arena is fun, but I'd never need to collect create cards if that was the only place they could be used. Casual might be different, but without the rewards from ranked, I don't see myself playing that often.

Challbie12;n10734281 said:
I have litterally crafted most of the create cards because it's a fun thing to do. Everyone cries about RNG yet there are only a limited number of cards that create can make. It still takes skill to know ALL the types and use them efficiently! I can't believe how many trolls are in here complaining about them being imbalanced when the truth is, it still takes skill to use them appropriately. Can't believe this is even an option that is put on the table to just get rid of them for the 5% of cry babies who can't make a decent win rate because they aren't using the same things as their opponents who clearly have more skill at using them altogether.

I would only recommend that if you do a wipe of create cards you refund FULL VALUE to those people who wanted to have fun and not take this so seriously.

I believe I have all the create cards unless I missed a Gold in a faction I don't generally play, and if they leave it alone long enough one of the streamers will make a net deck out of them and then they will be played to death because they will come with instructions like play this card first then that one and so on, so most wont need the intelligence to play them somebody else will do it for them just like all the other net decks. LEAVE CREATE ALONE PLEASE.

thirdeye50;n10734361 said:
I believe I have all the create cards unless I missed a Gold in a faction I don't generally play, and if they leave it alone long enough one of the streamers will make a net deck out of them and then they will be played to death because they will come with instructions like play this card first then that one and so on, so most wont need the intelligence to play them somebody else will do it for them just like all the other net decks. LEAVE CREATE ALONE PLEASE.

I love this post haha it's true! They will go watch Sirpumpkin or Swim and just use it instead of using their own brain power to make something that ruins create. I personally have a ST control deck that uses a TON of create and let me tell you I don't have a great win rate with it but I'm rank 19 almost 20 using it and I'm having a ton of fun! I use Uma's Curse, Elven Scout, Triss Telekenises, and I'm looking to use Runestone as well! I use Ciri nova for finisher and it's just amazing! I don't need CD PROJEKT RED to just cater to these cry babies because the deck I made was made to be something unpredictable unlike most of the meta with Consume, Alchemy NG, SK Vets and Greatswords. Like how you can people complain about litterally the ONLY answer to those decks!

Kids have got some growing up to do and stop blaming their loses on someone who skillfully uses these create cards as a means to an end of a stale meta. I guess everyone is a little snowflake though and we might as well blame the cards because we can't do math to make plays HAHA

Challbie12;n10734371 said:
to just cater to these cry babies because the deck I made was made to be something unpredictable
I started a thread OBSURE WTF DECKS and TACTICS for this very reason.
I have been playing around with things like a NO UNIT Create based deck that has done pretty good against Reveal and Slave driver but still needs some tweaking for some of the others unfortunately still weak to swarm and SK engine, bear, hopefully there is still time before they kill Create all together and SK becomes completely unstoppable.

Good for you man! I really like to hear that people are using their brains. The only reason create has become an issue is laziness. People like to watch people like Swim and Megamogwai and even Jaggerous to make their decks for them. Net decking is happening because of the generation. It has nothing to do with the create mechanic. People are lazy and that's a fact after reading these posts. It's also funny to think that people relate this game to Hearthstone when most of them haven't even played high level Hearthstone but because they heard RnG somewhere (prolly from Swim who is now playing MTG Arena btw) that RnG is bad. If not for RnG and those huge swings that end up being the perfect play the game would be boring. It begs the question, how many of these people complaining about RnG have also won games due to RnG!

I'm just going to put this out there that if the create mechanic goes away, I'll want all my money invested in the game back and I'll also want compensation for my time as taking things away from people is not the solution. If CD PROJEKT RED wants to make a forum whereby people are going to complain about cards, then I will set up a sub forum for people looking for compensation for their time considering they have been the ones who put the creativity into their deck building knowing full well what the create mechanic is capable of.

I also want to point out that people who makes runestones are most likely (just like I did when I started) making that card because they can't afford the time it takes to grind out all necessary silvers that certain decks run. This way, they craft one card and have a chance to get what they couldn't afford to craft. If CD PROJEKT RED actually cares about this at all they will take this post I'm writing and think long and hard about compensation to players who enjoy it. On another note (because this rant isn't nearly long enough) look at the poll! It's like 30 some odd people complaining about create and asking to take it out. Just let those players leave! Who cares about 30 people (cry babies if you ask me) complaining about something that is actually really fun to play.

Rant Over

Very well said. I have been playing since it came out of closed and have all but 19 GOLD cards and hundreds of hours logged.
I used to play MTG but with real cards almost wish I still had them, those were the days had like 7 4" binders stuffed full of cards guess I will have to look online and see what its like (I sure hope the few at the top don't ruin this game for everyone else).

Honestly thirdeye50 I don't see this game going anywhere if they keep trying to mimic other games. It's just a big circle. I also have MTG cards but they are back across the country in my parent's place haha. MTG was just TOO expensive and I was playing like 2-3 times a week so about 10$ a time and it just became this nightmare of trying to sell off standard cards knowing they were cycling out but doing it with enough time that people were still hyped about them currently and just wanted wins.

I don't like that Gwent is planning to follow Hearthstone with the single player campaign garbage. If they make cards attainable only through real money, that's where I draw the line. If things stay as they are then I'll stay with new content updates come new metas and that's worth it to me. But taking something out because some people who can't do subtractive math in the game is just a waste. If they cater to those people then what's to stop people from making similar threads like "Give NR a new win condition" or give Scoia more ambush cards or counter spells. Like the list is just endless for what these babies want to see and I think it's unfortunate that CDPR has to cater to them because they think it will drive business.

I just hope that CDPR realizes they have something unique and they don't need to change things for the few as this is the only CCG of it's type. Just please CDPR think long and hard about what you're going to do to prevent being overrun by a bunch of nerd requests from people who won't even play this game in 6 months.

I like create as its current state in monsters faction. I play runestone now, never used it, and sometimes it works an some does not. But as I know, monsters is not a faction with to much create weight as others. Runestone is a silver card, I think the risk/profit thing is balanced regarding this.
On the other hand, as some mates said yet, we need some RNG​​​​​. Runestones, at least at MO faction, are cool.

Top Bottom