[Voice of the people-survey] What should the CDPR do with the "create" mechanics?

+

[Voice of the people-survey] What should the CDPR do with the "create" mechanics?

• Total voters
If a Bronze card has Create effect, add Doomed tag to that card. I really dont like Slave Drivers, because they copy paste but with +1 point. Its not much, yes, but it doesnt make sense in my head. The fact that later that card can be resurrected makes it even worse.

151Huntsman;n10799441 said:
I really dont like Slave Drivers, because they copy paste but with +1 point. Its not much, yes, but it doesnt make sense in my head

Most decks rely on synergies to make most of their cards, so taking one bronze might not be good enough, sure if you play a point spamming deck the Slave Driver is +1 but if you play Foltest where most units are 3 power or Spell ST or Dagon moonlight then Slave Drivers are really bad so it all balances out.

From my personal point of view, I am in favour of keeping create! The only deck I currently enjoy is a shupe create only, pure randomness hell of a whatever. I have to make a new decision on almost every card (use my brain), it's highly interactive and above all, every game is slightly different. However, this is my attitude as a pure casual player. I can understand that in our competitive player base there is a different opinion.

Create singlehandedly ruined the game. I would say limiting to Arena would be fine but that would just mean people wouldn't play Arena for it has the Create cards.

Just kill the mechanic. This isn't Hearthstone, so why should we have it's BS RNG mechanics?

I donnt understand how do create cards have anything to do with RNG? And how do they ruin the game? What would be the difference compared to before?

guison;n10821121 said:
I donnt understand how do create cards have anything to do with RNG? And how do they ruin the game?

You dont understand, that a card which can create anything out of the cardpool with 4 or more possible outcome are RNG? You dont understand, how a Scoia'tel creating a Kayran(!) to win feel bad? Or how you can create more than 3 coies of a kind. This limitation of 3 is there for a reason. Create-cards a mostly a useable card with +1 strength

guison;n10821121 said:
I donnt understand how do create cards have anything to do with RNG? And how do they ruin the game? What would be the difference compared to before?

Example:

You're playing Moonlight. Opponent plays Black Blood. Two of the possible spawns are terrible for you (Nekurat / Abaya) since they can override your Full Moon. This is potentially enough to win the game if the opponent gets it. But opponent might not get it. Therefore the game's (arguably) decided by RNG.

Jeydra;n10821821 said:
Example:

You're playing Moonlight. Opponent plays Black Blood. Two of the possible spawns are terrible for you (Nekurat / Abaya) since they can override your Full Moon. This is potentially enough to win the game if the opponent gets it. But opponent might not get it. Therefore the game's (arguably) decided by RNG.

hmm I'm not sure what any of that means. I havent played a lot since a lot of that stuff was added like moonlight and other effects on rows that arent weather and stuff. I guess IM just noob and dont know the create and a bunch of other mechanics of the stuff they added.

Seriously I don't mind even if cdpr took more than 6 months for the final release but I am just hoping the game will be super awesome.

Remove the mechanics from the game, bury it and never return to it.

Its my opinion, a card game does not need a create RNG mechanic to work, neither in competive play or arena/draft.
Give more packs, or make some archtypes easier to build in draft if needed be.

Iuliandrei;n10800031 said:
Most decks rely on synergies to make most of their cards, so taking one bronze might not be good enough, sure if you play a point spamming deck the Slave Driver is +1 but if you play Foltest where most units are 3 power or Spell ST or Dagon moonlight then Slave Drivers are really bad so it all balances out.

Against those specific decks you can just mulligan Slave Drivers away and not use them. Against engine cards you can still copy paste, lets say Greatsword in 1 turn, and Longship in the next turn, boom you have the same synergy as the opponent and +2 points. So no, it doesnt balance out.

I like the idea of Create changing to be pulled from your deck.

(Sure, you could keep it for Arena, but I don't think they want to keep two different versions of a card running around.)

151Huntsman;n10836611 said:
Against those specific decks you can just mulligan Slave Drivers away and not use them. Against engine cards you can still copy paste, lets say Greatsword in 1 turn, and Longship in the next turn, boom you have the same synergy as the opponent and +2 points. So no, it doesnt balance out.

That's not what "balancing out" means, even if you manage to completely avoid playing Slave Drivers in that particular match you would still have hard mulligans and can still prevent you from having an optimal hand. Lastly your example is of a perfect outcome which you can't guarantee, sometimes you may not get a ship, sometimes you get a choice between a priestess, a dimun captain and a corsair and you can't use any of them. This kind of outcome is compensated by that +1, and the number of cases you get subpar outcomes from Slave drivers overshadow the number perfect outcomes you just described.

Iuliandrei;n10838501 said:
That's not what "balancing out" means, even if you manage to completely avoid playing Slave Drivers in that particular match you would still have hard mulligans and can still prevent you from having an optimal hand. Lastly your example is of a perfect outcome which you can't guarantee, sometimes you may not get a ship, sometimes you get a choice between a priestess, a dimun captain and a corsair and you can't use any of them. This kind of outcome is compensated by that +1, and the number of cases you get subpar outcomes from Slave drivers overshadow the number perfect outcomes you just described.

yeah if its such a bad card, why does every NG Alchemy deck play it then? If its soooo subpar. I smell bs.

151Huntsman;n10839231 said:
yeah if its such a bad card, why does every NG Alchemy deck play it then? If its soooo subpar. I smell bs.

Do you know how netdecking works? And you could say the same thing about every card that NG alchemy runs. Also i didn't say it was subpar, so i don't know who you're arguing with.

Top Bottom