[ VOTE NOW! ]By March 2021, you expect... [ VOTE NOW! ]

+

March 2021 Scenario, we got the two mega patches. You expect...

• Total voters
No game should demand much more than the current generatiom GAMING card can actually give.

No, this is the attitude that hurts PC Gaming and technological advancement. PC gaming is not consoles. Games should never be bound by current gen hardware, they should push the boundaries by providing graphics that will scale well in the future.

I wont repeat myself but I really like Cyberpunk, it's solid 8.5/10 for me.
Anyways :) here are my realistic expectations about what CDPR might do in the Q1 of 2021 :

1- Fixing most of the bugs .
2- Optimizing game for consoles (duh). Releasing updates with additional graphic options for PC ( TAA must go away ).
3- Multiple patches balancing gameplay, combat, items, perks ,attributes etc. ( just the beginning, it wont end on march )
4- Maaaaaybe , free DLC pack as form of apology for shaky release ( no idea what that could be, main NPC's skins perhaps ? They did similar thing for TW3 ).

I honestly don't believe it's realistic to expect more than that. Stop hyping yourself up with stuff like : new romanceable characters, more clothing options, new cars, more sexual content, braindance minigame, one night stands, arcade machines gameplay etc.

This game has potential to have many "new lives" - with big updates, new expansions, and of course multiplayer. Waiting has a good side, at least we have something to look forward to :). ( speaking for those of us who like this game and can't wait for more).

Stay strong.

bign

Forum regular
No, this is the attitude that hurts PC Gaming and technological advancement. PC gaming is not consoles. Games should never be bound by current gen hardware, they should push the boundaries by providing graphics that will scale well in the future.

Better graphics does not make better games. My favourite game in 2020 was Hades and anyone can run it.

I run the game at 50-60fps 1080p, with a 2070 and ray-tracing on ultra.

1080p is really not very demanding specially if you're running any kind of DLSS. But there are specific areas of the game where you, anyone, will see deep FPS drops and stuttering unsless you run much lower (than one should have to for their hardware) settings. It's a well documented problem that needs fixing. And you should be able to run the game even better, if only the engine was better optimized.
Post automatically merged:

You're entitled to your opinion. You do you and be happy by rich friend : )

Reality is that the game is not all that pretty to justify it's bad performance nor an evolution of PC graphics. It just requires hardware power without reason because it's truly poorly optimized and shoddly implemented graphical features, as well as it's clearly unfinished engine, all while it lacks many basic graphical options.

Better graphics does not make better games. My favourite game in 2020 was Hades and anyone can run it.
Exactly. Graphics don't make a game good. And many mediocre looking games demand ridiculous amount of hardware power to run OK, having plain bad performance and under utilizing hardware capabilities is not pushing bounderies of technolical improvements, is just poor optimization : )

Last edited:

bign

Forum regular
1080p is really not very demanding specially if you're running any kind of DLSS. But there are specific areas of the game where you, anyone, will see deep FPS drops and stuttering unsless you run much lower (than one should have to for their hardware) settings. It's a well documented problem that needs fixing. And you should be able to run the game even better, if only the engine was better optimized.

You're entitled to your opinion. You do you and be happy by rich friend : )

Reality is that the game is not all that pretty to justify it's bad performance nor an evolution of PC graphics. It just requires hardware power without reason because it's reallt poorly optimized and graphical features are shoddy implemented on it while it lacks basic graphical options.

Exactly. Graphics don't make a game good. And many mediocre looking games demand ridiculous amount of hardware power to run OK, having plain bad performance and under utilizing hardware capabilities is not pushing bounderies of technolical improvements, is just poor optimization : )

Try turning crowd density to medium, I found it gave me 10+ fps and greater stability with RTX on.

Try turning crowd density to medium, I found it gave me 10+ fps and greater stability with RTX on.
Thanks for the tip. Yes, there are some workarounds that help, but none should be necessary if the engine was finished to begin with.

As I said before, I currently run a 2080 Super FTW3 from EVGA with a 3900x at 4.4Ghz 1.29v, 32Gb 3266mhz RAM, game is on a M2 NVME ( https://www.3dmark.com/spy/15406902 ) and performance is just baffling bad in terms of just how poorly it runs compared any other game (even very good looking ones). And by that I don't mean I can't run it a good FPS most of the time, but it's clear some areas just confuse the engine making it demands way more than it should (not even talking about crowded areas, it's random, some bathrooms with many reflective surfaces for example, etc.), and the game clearly should overall give ~30%+ FPS all times, that would be the acceptable performance for the way it looks (as in, if not in photo mode or standing still, it's very good still, but not all that amazing really).

Last edited:
Performance on PC is really abysmal... lots of stuttering and FPS dips on some areas of the game. It's just ridiculous...

Don't even get me started on their very poorly optimized Ray Tracing implementation and very power hungry (without enough reason RED4 engine)...

It's ridiculous to have a feature which requires nothing but the very best of the graphics cards to even work, the medium setting of RT lighting and reflections need much better performance and needs to work well on current generation cards.

CDPR has to, at the very least if they are not optimizing their buggy engine, give the option reduce the number of rays cast in RT reflections and greatly improve the overall performance of the engine so it can 60FPS+ 1440p high with RT reflections on (should have a low, medium and high setting option instead of just on or off, which is rdiculous), RT lights on low (should be ab option for low RT lights, bellow medium), and RT shadows off, DLSS quality, in a 2080 Super or better, at the very least. Bare minimum performance I expect.

So I expect that by March not just bugs are all fixed but I also expect, and everyone should demand that too I believe, some HEAVY optimizations on their engine, more graphical options, game should give at the very least 30% more FPS at any setting than it currently does. It's beautiful, yes, but still nowhere near as good looking to justify such a shamefull bad performance on good hardware.
honestly don't know which pc you use, but with high and ultra graphics I have fixed 60 FPS, it drops me only in uploads, but little amount

honestly don't know which pc you use, but with high and ultra graphics I have fixed 60 FPS, it drops me only in uploads, but little amount
I'm not talking about my PC, I'm talking about how the engine is trully not finished yet, poorly optimized and how the game lacks many basic graphical options. But you can check my PC and 3Dmark scores in the link I posted on previous coments.

I wont repeat myself but I really like Cyberpunk, it's solid 8.5/10 for me.
Anyways :) here are my realistic expectations about what CDPR might do in the Q1 of 2021 :

1- Fixing most of the bugs .
2- Optimizing game for consoles (duh). Releasing updates with additional graphic options for PC ( TAA must go away ).
3- Multiple patches balancing gameplay, combat, items, perks ,attributes etc. ( just the beginning, it wont end on march )
4- Maaaaaybe , free DLC pack as form of apology for shaky release ( no idea what that could be, main NPC's skins perhaps ? They did similar thing for TW3 ).

I honestly don't believe it's realistic to expect more than that. Stop hyping yourself up with stuff like : new romanceable characters, more clothing options, new cars, more sexual content, braindance minigame, one night stands, arcade machines gameplay etc.

This game has potential to have many "new lives" - with big updates, new expansions, and of course multiplayer. Waiting has a good side, at least we have something to look forward to :). ( speaking for those of us who like this game and can't wait for more).

Stay strong.
We just want they add what they promised to us.
The most adult game ever.. mm so far we have only 1 hooker, few sex scenes and no option for romance. We shouldnt even hype for that because it should already be in.
They promised alot more for the romance and actually gave us nothing except few side quest and 3 preset dialogues and no chance to interact with the loved one to do some activities together. This piss me off.
And we didnt talk about performance, but i trust they will improve it.
My concern is just about the new content and more options we deserve

I think by March we will have a game more closely to what their goal was than what we currently have now. This game needed like 6 more months in the oven. Should never have been released in the state it was.

Hey Guys,
Just want to Share my great experience in ps4 With Cyberpunk. Played it 40 hours so far and its so amazing, Story ist breathtaking and so true, its an Image from Our Future when we live Our lives without Change from now on.
My oppinion: it doesnt need big changes, Just a little polishment thats all

Hey Guys,
Just want to Share my great experience in ps4 With Cyberpunk. Played it 40 hours so far and its so amazing, Story ist breathtaking and so true, its an Image from Our Future when we live Our lives without Change from now on.
My oppinion: it doesnt need big changes, Just a little polishment thats all
I have friends playing from ps4, but they have lot of problems they say. I play from ps5, and so far my only probems are the continusly crashes, also if i must admit, are less frequent than before.
They just need more options and more content, in my opinion

From my perspective, theres really nothing thats been game breaking for me....until you get to the last main mission. Besides that, the game has played beautifully for me and ive gotten a flawless 130 hours so far.

The only game breaking issue i do have is the inability to finish the last mission without being able to go back and free roam the game properly. This is a huge problem and should be priority one in these upcoming patches/updates....or what ever you want to call them.

Going back on a manual save to play the game after the last mission is completed.....and losing the progress affiliated with it..... is a BIG problem.

Definitely the lifepaths, the most RPG elements and choices I get, the happier I am.
The day/night circle is, for me, the least relevant thing to update. After all, we're in a corrupt, partially inhuman future, that cycle wouldn't have much of a meaning by then.

I think they will focus in fixing bugs ofc, while another team works on DLCs. After they fix the game, they will let us know asap about their DLC plan, and relase a DLC after few months (while they release few free dlcs in first of 2021 as they said on their site). Thats what i would do at least. This make sense i guess

Quick question about the poll : is it about what we expect in the sense of what we HOPE the game will feature, or more like what we expect in the sense of what CDPR will actually manage to do by then ?
Because that might lead to a VERY DIFFERENT poll result.
(PS : I feel like if it's about our expectations, we have tons of wish list kind of threads already featuring what we'd like as features - but I'd find it very interesting to be about what we expect CDPR to be able to pull off within this time span).

Quick question about the poll : is it about what we expect in the sense of what we HOPE the game will feature, or more like what we expect in the sense of what CDPR will actually manage to do by then ?
Because that might lead to a VERY DIFFERENT poll result.
(PS : I feel like if it's about our expectations, we have tons of wish list kind of threads already featuring what we'd like as features - but I'd find it very interesting to be about what we expect CDPR to be able to pull off within this time span).

Seems to be a mix of both....or at least thats how i read it. I chose choice one. Major and minor bug fixes are priority one and are very much needed and expected RIGHT NOW.
The rest are hopeful needs to improve the experience....but none of that is worth a damn if the bugs arent dealt with first.

Seems to be a mix of both....or at least thats how i read it. I chose choice one. Major and minor bug fixes are priority one and are very much needed and expected RIGHT NOW.
The rest are hopeful needs to improve the experience....but none of that is worth a damn if the bugs arent dealt with first.
You can choose more than 1 tho. Everyone expect devs to fix the game ofc, and i trust they wil. But after that, what you expect to be added? You want only the game to be fixed or want something more? Think you should choose also some other option, so if devs read this, they will have a better idea of what community expect. (I think some options are missing from the list. They can surely add more stuff tho)

To be honest, if the devs manage to put everything listed on the poll inside the game... it'll probably be one the of greatest games and twist ever pulled.
I'm sure they'll fix the bugs, and they'll polish some easy things (like the UI which wasn't good at first on non of the Witchers either). But beyond that, I guess it comes down to how much they want to make up to their fans for the launch, and how much they're able to bring inside those expansion packs.

Top Bottom