Vote on next Witcher related content

+

Witcher related content you want to see next?

• Novel

Votes: 13 17.1%
  • Graphic-Novel

Votes: 6 7.9%
  • Comic Book

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • 2D Video Game

Votes: 11 14.5%
  • Thronebreaker 2.0

Votes: 31 40.8%
  • Cartoon

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • TV-Series

Votes: 11 14.5%
  • Movie

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • Any of the above that feature Geralt

Votes: 12 15.8%
  • Any of the above that don't feature Geralt

Votes: 13 17.1%

• Total voters
Another Thronebreaker, focusing on another character would be cool. Maybe introduce Cintra and other nearby kingdoms such as Sodden, Brugge, Cidaris, Brokilon with Queen Calanthe as the main protagonist.

What would be cool is to place the setting in areas of the continent that were never explored during the Witcher games and related content. Kovir would be great. Nazair, Mettina, Vicovaro or even Nilfgaard proper. CDPR did a good job at creating non-cannon content that doesn't seem disjointed from the Witcher universe, so I doubt it is impossible.

As a second option, a new Netflix TV-series would be good. Certainly I wouldn't want Hollywood to produce a movie. Hollywood has not produced a good movie since the frigging 90s. Hollywood has become a den for nepotism, sloth, corruption, degeneration and cultural devolution. I wouldn't want them to stain the raw appeal of Witcher. They wouldn't understand the Slavic ethos and mythos that enriches the Witcher universe (and I doubt they would even try understanding it).

An animated series is not a bad idea. But again, depends who makes it. I like some Japanese anime, but for the past decade, they catered too much to the nerd, otaku culture which I despise. Long gone are the 2000s when Japanese studios would make anime series with a certain Western appeal. And I certainly wouldn't want Disney to produce a SJW version of a Witcher animated series.

Also, I like Geralt as a MC, but I believe his story has been told. If they truly want to adapt something with him as MC, I would resort to a prequel, maybe his adventures during the 1st and/or 2nd Northern Wars. If this is not the case, the attention should be switched to other characters. Ciri comes to mind first. Maybe Cerys/Hjalmar depending on which choice for King/Queen is made. Or maybe revive Anais La Valette from Witcher 2, build a spin-off for her ruling Temeria as an adult and fight to restore Temeria's sovereignty from Nilfgaard.

Last edited:
i want them to tell more stories beyond the northern kingdom and nilfgaard. so as long as the story is set in olfieri, haakland or zerrikania (any countries to the east/south beyond nilfgaard if there are any), i dont mind what medium it takes. but in the particular case of the eventual TW4, set that shit IN the east. i wanna know how the olfierans got so good at runewrighting and why zerrikania is so adept at alchemy. gimme those stories :]

I can't wait for Season 2 of Witcher on Netflix. I really hope that they don't dump it after a 2 or 3 seasons like everything else.

Give me a Ciri-focused game with her hopping through a variety of cool worlds. In the CP2077 world she needs V's (importable) assistance to complete that section of the game, or...if I can't have that an actual RPG that allows me to select from the different races each with different starting points much like DAO.

Another Thronebreaker would be nice.
However as long as the game does not mention Ciri, let alone completely center around this annoying Mary Sue character, I would be fine with it.
Even The Witcher 3 has this annoying sense of "The game is amazing, but sooner or later you will be forced to watch it degrade to an annoying circle jerking around Ciri".

I would love another The Witcher Tales installment. Doesn't necessarily have to have GWENT gameplay (I'm ok with TW1 gameplay, honestly.) I think CDPR creates really amazing characters in the Witcher world, especially further developing existing characters. Thronebreaker was def one of my favorites. I love Geralt and his crew, but I want more content about the other characters in the world.

Top Bottom