Voting:THE MOST USEFUL POTION in the game, in your view

+
I also vote for swallow, in the act 1-2 in mush useful atleast it help you to make an advanture without attaining too mush on campfire. Fullmoon, for me I think it come pretty late because when it appears my Geralt are too strong and don't need it any more, further more I hate when I have to wait for my vitality to reach it double time so I usually need to drink it with swallow any way.Blizard I hate it ! I will drink it only nessessery, yes it help you mush in combat but it slow you down all the time and that F__king annoy me. (I drink it once in act 4 and go to play a dice with a gambling ghost, you know the dice game are slower also). White raffard It should be useful but I foud out that I don't need it also. Because my Geralt (str.Gerat) never loss a vitallity than 25 percent so I rarely use it. So, only potion that I think useful all the game is swallow and it MUST be drink whatever youy Geralt are so I think it is no.1 potion

I'm still in Chapter II, so i'm a cub so far... but for now.. i just stick with Swallow all time. Save my sorry @$$ more time i could remember...Cat is second... definitly second!Lobo

After finishing the game, spamming igni with petri+tawny is the best combo. I wish I could change my vote from swallow, as it was unnecessary with maxed int/igni and those two potions.

I like wolf and shrike , they help me clean up realy bad guys such as Javad and Grand Master in short time also fool moon was cool . This game in generaly is quite easy if you hit the right potion , for instance taking Javad with right potions and runic stone in hard was more easy than with wrong on medium.

FullMoonBG said:
spamming igni is not so much fun, better drink rubedo full moon, nigredo wolf and kill them all
Yeah well, your poll is for the most USEful potion, not the most fun for swordfighting.If a character build never USEs swallow, then it's USEless.

No 1 Swallow. For vitality regeneration for long drawn out fights. My best friendNo 2 Tawny Owl For endurance regeneration. Very useful for Igni sign when I want to incinerate lot of targets.No 3 Cat When I want to see in the dark. I hate fighting in the dark in caves, crypts and etc. No 4 White honey When I use too much swallow. It get rid all of the toxins.

What about White Gull it the most useful potion of all time since you can make all potions out of it, but just don't drink it on it's own unless you want to get blind drunk.In term of usefullness White Gull is high quality alcohol and sometimes you might not have high quality alcohol on you.

MaskedReaper said:
What about White Gull it the most useful potion of all time since you can make all potions out of it, but just don't drink it on it's own unless you want to get blind drunk.In term of usefullness White Gull is high quality alcohol and sometimes you might not have high quality alcohol on you.
White Gull was discussed on like page 4 or 5 or somewhere back there. Some conclusion as to why it wasn't on the list was reached and it was decided.

1.Swallow it makes u almost imposible to kill2. White raffard... well if that almost get you3.Cat i love the way it let u see in dark

Maerahn said:
If I'm fighting at night, I always use a Cat potion with a rubedo base - makes the vitality regen effect last waaaay longer than a standard swallow potion. Add a Wolf potion with a nigredo base for any ******ated tough fights, and I rock so hard I practically scare myself ;D
Yes,I know I'm quoting me, but..... Ummm... this is purely out of curiosity, but - why did the above word get 'starred out'?? In English it's a completely non-rude word for 'expected' - is it a rude word in another language then? :-[

My most useful potions defintely include swallow, but I am a big fan of cat, wives tears, and white gull. These would be my big four. Swallow is great for any combat situation, cat is essential for exploring caves and dark places, wives tears is critical for after drinking, and white gull is the stuff my potions are made of...But if I'm gonna use signs a lot (igni springs to mind), nothing beats dosing up on tawny owl, maribor forest, and petri's filter.When I feel like wading into a hardcore melee, I imbibe wolf, shrike, and full moon.Swallow is always in a quick slot, as is white raffard's concoction.I dislike blizzard due to its visuals. Bindweed, golden oriole, and willow become obsolete if you're tough enough - my guy never seems impacted by the effects these potions protect against. Wolverine sounds so compelling, but I can't honestly say I expect to be hurt that bad - I have swallow, white raffard, and full moon to ensure against it. I must not understand black blood. The description makes it sound like it kills creatures that drink your blood after you are dead. I want to believe this isn't the case, and that it harms vampiric creatues in combat, but I haven't felt the urge to test it out. Can someone clarify black blood's purpose, please?Thanks.

There are creatures that take several bites out of you before killing you .. fleders, and garkains for example. If you imbibe black blood and are surrounded by these guys, you don't even need to draw your sword, they bite, they die... but i prefer not to get bitten so i never use it but a friend of mine swears by it

my standard on hard is albedo tawny owl + .... depends on time and place, often rubedo cat, extra nigredo swallow, when it gets hot, or albedo/nigredo blizzard, when it`s really badit helps a lot with signs. i rarely use maribor forest...needed it just a few times in a game. i used raffard just once so far (against kosciey)so i vote for tawny owl - most versalite, and cat - one good solution for dark places (imo better than de vries)

There's no petri's philter option.As a compulsive sign user, I have a couple for emergencies .. I find them more useful than maribor forest, at any rate.

Top Bottom