VR Editions: Yay or Nay

+

Do you think Cyperpunk 2077 should come to VR?

• Total voters
Leek Much?

Yes.. bring on the VR. Please.

Even if its just a mode.. or maybe in certain areas if you have VR you can throw on the gear and experience an area or something on those lines.
An entire game dedicated to VR is never going to happen. Would be killer though

I really hope this is a subtle clue that we can play CP2077 in VR.

I dunno, I can run TW3 and Skyrim/Fallout 4 quite nicely in vorpX, and I don't have that crazy hardware...

I have VORPX too, and while it's very cool, it's not the same thing as a full pledged VR. The requirements are immensely different...

Resident Evil for VR imo is the best use of the tech so far..farpoint as well
Both games just move so fluently one with the controller the other with the gun

This game screams some sort of implantation

I really love Sairento, too. For some reason, that game doesn't cause me motion sickness, even though you need to move and change direction VERY quickly.

Would love this on my rift. VR is awesome and better than lots of gaming outlets claim it to be. Dont really understand why so manny outlets are so negative about it. Bringing this out in VR would help pushing the tech more into the mainstream. Probably not going to happen but one can dream

VR is good,though not very completed in current tech(A true VR game should contain at least 3-4 senses),
it is part of the future,yes it will be.

It's not exactly the topic, not being a VR player myself, but I am wondering if there will be an actual netrunning UI and netsurfing sequences or if we will only see the outcome of our action on the net world in the game.

Edit: gonna make a thread about it actually.

Agree! I'm to buy VR headset if CDPR announces support for that in CP2077!
That's the game VR headsets are made for!

I would LOVE to play Cyberpunk in VR. However, I am not one of the most wealthy people running around on this blue/green sphere. I can only hope by the time Cyberpunk 2077 is released that stuff has become a bit more affordable for poor people like me. As I live in Europe, all hardware has a slapped-on VAT (in my case 21%) that makes it far more expensive than other parts of the world.

But yeah.. The idea of playing this game in VR... Wow...

I was never really interested in VR technology until now. Cyberpunk setting seems to fit perfect, and since it is to be a first person game then this is the perfect candidate to be my first VR love <3 Please CDPR DO IT :)

If anybody who has a VR headset and has not played skyrim VR, I highly suggest you try it. Even if you played skyrim a million times and are sick of it. It is completely different in VR, you are no longer looking at the world through a window, now your are IN the world. This is what I want for Cyberpunk 2077. Not just looking at the world through a monitor, but being IN the world itself. I think this, by itself would sell a ton of VR headsets.

I would be surprised if they officially add VR support, just because of the mention of TPP in some situations like vehicles, cut scenes, etc.

Don't get me wrong, them adding VR support would be the justification I've been looking for to buy a VR setup. I'd be all about it.

I would be surprised if they officially add VR support, just because of the mention of TPP in some situations like vehicles, cut scenes, etc.

Don't get me wrong, them adding VR support would be the justification I've been looking for to buy a VR setup. I'd be all about it.

That is one thing I would be curious about. One way they could do it is just turn you into a ghost and you can watch it play out from a distance until the scene plays out and you get control again.

is it just me or are others already curious as to how it'll run on a VR-rig (Oculus Rift etc)?
because if you can, how cool would that be!! :D
(and yes i am aware of the irony of a 'braindance' like scenario running cyberpunk game...where you do braindance in the game; inception. :p )

Oh yes please. This game in VR is my dream. I have a GTX 1080Ti and a Samsung Odyssey HMD, and when this game arrives I hope to change to a 2080/Ti and a better hmd. This game is just PERFECT for VR.
Be able to see that skyscrapers by yourself.. come on!

That is one thing I would be curious about. One way they could do it is just turn you into a ghost and you can watch it play out from a distance until the scene plays out and you get control again.
Just read that the vehicles are optionally first or third person, so while a quick cut to a third person cutscene could be a bit disorienting (in VR), it sounds like the bulk of the game can be experienced in FPP. This is still speculation, but it sounds like VR could be much more possible.

If official support doesn't come through and you are playing on PC, there are a few tricks to allow for VR play like VorpX. These tend to have varying degrees of success, but FPP titles tend to do better with unofficial VR tricks/programs.

YAY!!! The game should be in Regular first person and Have a VR Mode for those with VR headsets.. Multiplayer/Co-Op should be there too but Optional off course. CDPR keep true to their SinglePlayer Rpg Adventures so i just cant wait for this game.... i want Cyberpunk 2077 to have a VR mode especially after i saw the trailer with the kid playin around in vr and we are probably gonna have hacking missions where u put googles on in the game or something , so imagine that in vr duuuuude! vr inception... And who doesent wanna walk in NightCity with complete immersion?...

Top Bottom