VR Editions: Yay or Nay

+

Do you think Cyperpunk 2077 should come to VR?

• Total voters
Sure, why not? It would be great. It's funny seeing a lot of comments here saying "No, because it's expensive" or "Nay, I don't like it". Jeez.

No VR because you don't like it. No multiplayer because you don't like it. Don't make it FPS because I don't like COD.

The list goes on and on. People don't want things added because they personally don't like it. I don't own a VR setup but if someone did, good for them.

I decided years ago that CP2077 would be the game I'd get a VR set for, and what's more I've already been saving for it for a while, just in case.

I've skipped the first iteration because I figured the tech wouldn't be far enough along and most games were experiments that didn't really entice. I'm hoping that CP will launch around the second iteration of it, and it will be much more playable and interesting.

If anything CDPR wants CP2077 to be on the leading edge of many a thing, and I wouldn't be surprised if that (partly) incorporated VR. It's likely impossible to get the entire game, but I'd still purchase it even for a limited VR experience that is/are unique to the Cyberpunk world.

In other words I'm all for it! (and I'm fine with it if it's not there yet on release)

(Also yes if it ends up not being VR compatible, well, that's still ok, I'm just hoping for an eventuality)

Cyberpunk 2077 VR Edition: Yay or Nay

VR is a bit of a controversial topic in video games but for Cyberpunk 2077 I want this. I hope it would be something like Skyrim VR and Fallout 4 VR with no cut content and high graphical fidelity.

Imagine walking through Night City as a NCPD officer immersed in the shadowy neon lit streets, observing the scale and density head on. You see the filth and danger around you and the heavy immersion makes the tension even stronger. You push into the Afterlife joint and order a drink and ask the bartender where you can find a wanted Solo. He tells you he is in the bottom floor. Knowing its even more dangerous the further down you go you make your way downstairs.The tension mounts even further going down as the immersion and reputation as a cop places a target on your back. The bottom floor is dark and filled with red neon and holographic exotic dancers. You can hear the pounding beats of Chrome Rock amongst a crowd of Rockerboys and Solos. The vibe is badass. You see the Solo in question and sit down with him, to talk to him. He looks aggressive and musclebound with photorealistic rendering and gleaming chrome arms causing you to be intimidated. He has two prostitutes at his side. Knowing he is caught, he tries to shoot you but you shoot him in the head. Blood splatters onto the prostitutes and they run out screaming. The floor clears out and you have to deal with his friends. You use your gun with your HTC Vive controllers, shooting them dead and feeling the intensity of the firefight. You run out as the boostergangs storm in from the back door and get into your vehicle and take off. Seeing the scale, videoboards and smog filled air you make your way to the station amongst the many flying vehicles. Further up you arrive at the station flying into the carpark and hovering into your spot. You walk downstairs and turn into the hallways with a feeling of security and safeness. You then arrive at the office of Commisioner Hammerman who yells at you for fucking up badly but gives you a new case. You grab the folder, in low light and cigarette smoke. You then head out into the seedy streets of Night City back into the grime and danger of this big bad metropolis.

Should CDPR implement this later down the road cause I think they should. VR headsets and Cyberpunk sound like a perfect combination. Yay or Nay?
Only if the sex part of the game is truly dope....Just saying.

Yay!

If this game would have VR support I'd certainly buy the best available set for it.

With this amounts of details and atmhosphere you could literraly "fly-away" into the 2nd life experience of Cyberpunk transmitted directly to your face. INSANE!

Although I suppose the tech is still to "fresh" for easy and usable implementation, my hopes are at least some talented modders will eventually do this.

At this time, I think it's just a waste of resources and especially time... Maybe after the game is released? Not that I'm against VR, it's just, for what it adds to the game... Meh

Also I think that VR should only be the view from the head, controls stay the same. Or at least have an option to change from, full body tracking (extreme example) and head view.

Yay, though in the future. Would wait until the game has been out a while development update wise, etc. and espially give more time for VR to be more accessible to people.

Nay, this wave of VR still doesn't have the tech to make VR worth while or anything but a novel display method. probably have to wait another 15 years for some one to try again.

If it's something they do after the game is done I don't see why not, similar to Skyrim and Fallout VR it should be done after all other content for the game is out.

Yay! I mean... playing in headset is almost a cosplay!

But seriously a game focused on FPP with fluent transition to FPP dialogs... it defiently has VR potential. Judge from the video, there are no gameplay obstacles.
So I really hope that at least VorpX will allow us to play in it if the game itself will not be supported.

Even with my GTX 770 I now only play flying games in VR, so I do not believe it is that unaccessible or worthless. Not to mention Cyberpunk would be out in what... a year or more?

I don't have VR , I don't play VR (seriously steam stop recommanding me games that are VR sheesh) , I don't care for VR...

So...unless it get in the way of patch and fixes and dlc and stuff...

Go for it......

Cyberpunk 2077 VR Edition: Yay or Nay

VR is a bit of a controversial topic in video games but for Cyberpunk 2077 I want this. I hope it would be something like Skyrim VR and Fallout 4 VR with no cut content and high graphical fidelity.

Imagine walking through Night City as a NCPD officer immersed in the shadowy neon lit streets, observing the scale and density head on. You see the filth and danger around you and the heavy immersion makes the tension even stronger. You push into the Afterlife joint and order a drink and ask the bartender where you can find a wanted Solo. He tells you he is in the bottom floor. Knowing its even more dangerous the further down you go you make your way downstairs.The tension mounts even further going down as the immersion and reputation as a cop places a target on your back. The bottom floor is dark and filled with red neon and holographic exotic dancers. You can hear the pounding beats of Chrome Rock amongst a crowd of Rockerboys and Solos. The vibe is badass. You see the Solo in question and sit down with him, to talk to him. He looks aggressive and musclebound with photorealistic rendering and gleaming chrome arms causing you to be intimidated. He has two prostitutes at his side. Knowing he is caught, he tries to shoot you but you shoot him in the head. Blood splatters onto the prostitutes and they run out screaming. The floor clears out and you have to deal with his friends. You use your gun with your HTC Vive controllers, shooting them dead and feeling the intensity of the firefight. You run out as the boostergangs storm in from the back door and get into your vehicle and take off. Seeing the scale, videoboards and smog filled air you make your way to the station amongst the many flying vehicles. Further up you arrive at the station flying into the carpark and hovering into your spot. You walk downstairs and turn into the hallways with a feeling of security and safeness. You then arrive at the office of Commisioner Hammerman who yells at you for fucking up badly but gives you a new case. You grab the folder, in low light and cigarette smoke. You then head out into the seedy streets of Night City back into the grime and danger of this big bad metropolis.

Should CDPR implement this later down the road cause I think they should. VR headsets and Cyberpunk sound like a perfect combination. Yay or Nay?
VR is still in its infancy. Extra effort would be put into making it VR compatible, would it be really worth it ?
Post automatically merged:

I don't have VR , I don't play VR (seriously steam stop recommanding me games that are VR sheesh) , I don't care for VR...

So...unless it get in the way of patch and fixes and dlc and stuff...

Go for it......
VR is and probably will be in its Infantcy throughout this and the next console generation

I will be honest, while I really don't mind if CP2077 doesn't have VR, if it did it would be the first time I would be strongly tempted (read: persuaded) to purchase VR gear to experience it.

VR is still in its infancy. Extra effort would be put into making it VR compatible, would it be really worth it ?
Currently VR is:
-To expensive
-To clunky with movement in-world (teleporting)
-Motionsickness

From my experience:
The "teleport" is not really necessarily.
Motionsicnkess is mostly from stuttering and a lot of involuntary movements. I did not seen much of this in the demo.
Some not bad VR are under 300 - that is more than for card I would need to run Cyberpunk to highest setting.

Judge by the fluent movement and that the game stayed in 1st person the gameplay-wise it would be OK as it is. No idea about the technical side. Witcher 3 could be played in VR trough VorpX but that doesn't have to say anything.

Hello everyone!

At first, I want to ask you to read the whole text.

I have created this petition to CDPR with the target to make them to think on a future VR versión. I know that not everybody wants VR, many of you because you think this could be end in cutting things from the game instead of the VR.

THAT'S NOT THE TARGET. We want everybody to play on the way that they want. Just only think on this on a post launch paid DLC, and maybe in the future many people can replay the game in VR. For many of us, this would be a dream.

So, if you are a Cyberpunk fan, help us to make CDPR listen to the petition!

https://www.change.org/p/cdprojektred-cyberpunk-2077-vr-version

Thank you very much!

Last edited:
Hello everyone!

At first, I want to ask you to read the whole text.

I have created this petition to CDPR with the target to make them to think on a future VR versión. I know that not everybody wants VR, many of you because you think this could be end in cutting things from the game instead of the VR.

THAT'S NOT THE TARGET. We want everybody to play on the way that they want. Just only think on this on a post launch paid DLC, and maybe in the future many people can replay the game in VR. For many of us, this would be a dream.

So, if you are a Cyberpunk fan, help us to make CDPR listen to the petition!

https://www.change.org/p/cdprojektred-cyberpunk-2077-vr-version

Thank you very much!

I don't think VR will ever be as good as traditional gaming. Ever watched how VR is implemented, with 'teleporting' for movement of 'you the player'? To even have VR, it'll need a lot more than the screens infront of your eyes, but also movement sensors tied to your feet or similar to simulate movement.

Eventually they'll get VR to be more then a novelty function.

Currently the cost of a VR headset, frequent need to have a sizable open area in the room, and problems most people start to experience after a couple hours don't make VR practical.

Yeah, it's great for 20 minute PvP games, but of very limited use otherwise.

Top Bottom