VR Editions: Yay or Nay

+

Do you think Cyperpunk 2077 should come to VR?

• Total voters
CDPR could very likely afford hiring some extra people for VR development if they wanted (considering that a studio like Croteam that is less than a tenth of their size was able to add it even to their old games),
Sam was drastically more simple though.

I'm not against a VR port, but I worry about resource allocation. I'd rather have two excellent, basically-new-game-sized DLCs as we had with the Witcher 3 than a VR port that I'll never play for a system I'll never own.

It's a ridiculously niche audience compared to the money/attention they could obtain by simply making DLC, or a multiplayer expansion post-launch.

I know the resource allocation argument is often used improperly, but I think it applies here.

If CDPR designates the workload to a separate studio, fine by me, but I don't want their core team working on it.

I have about 20 titles in VR ..it's the most amazing next level game play there is.

Worth every penny spent

With that said.. yes please for atleast some kind of mode for CP 8)

Also Thanks to whoever made the text box larger while in vertical mobile

Listen to me, guys. Listen to these wise words you cannot see come out of my mouth, but you know they're coming out anyway - VR is an expensive gimmick. No dev who isn't releasing unnecessary remasters/re-releases (DOOM, Skyrim) should even care about doing a VR version.

VR is not a gimmick, Everyone is researching it, Sony, Microsoft, Apple, Google, valve...etc. People who have VR knows it is the future and there is a reason that sony has really been pushing VR titles on the Playstation. It is because we have gone as far as we can with normal gaming, we pretty much have done it all and it has lost its wow magic. VR is the next step where you are actually IN the game and something really new that people are actually excited for. I have a suspicion the next consoles are going to be for VR from the get go, at least Sony's probably will. I have a vive, it is the absolute most amazing technology I have in my house. You are in the world when you put on a VR headset. Anybody who thinks it is just a gimmick needs to play skyrim VR to understand why people geek out when playing. I am obviously a strong supporter of a VR version of cyberpunk 2077. Just imagine, not just watching a screen, but actually BEING in night city.

If you played threw resident evil 7..or Farpoint or
Killing Zone..you will for sure know.This is where fps games are heading.The movement in those games are as smooth as any fps I've played ..and I've been online gaming since 1996..and have played hundreds of fps games.. the only difference is..Instead of starring at a screen... you are actually in the game

If you played threw resident evil 7..or Farpoint or
Killing Zone..you will for sure know.This is where fps games are heading.The movement in those games are as smooth as any fps I've played ..and I've been online gaming since 1996..and have played hundreds of fps games.. the only difference is..Instead of starring at a screen... you are actually in the game
how does movement work in those games because honestly, i can't see this.

It moves just like you would play a game on a screen.. i dont know how else to explain it.

theres no warp.. you move with an analog stick,just as fluent as you would any other game

Sony has it on lock.. next gen will be absolutely stunning
You can literally walk up to a door way,and peak around corners..crawl under tables ..like physically on your hands and knees and virtually move under stuff ..behind stuff.. whatever you do in your living room is happening in a virtual world.

its mind blowing to be honest,

It moves just like you would play a game on a screen.. i dont know how else to explain it.

theres no warp.. you move with an analog stick,just as fluent as you would any other game

Sony has it on lock.. next gen will be absolutely stunning
You can literally walk up to a door way,and peak around corners..crawl under tables ..like physically on your hands and knees and virtually move under stuff ..behind stuff.. whatever you do in your living room is happening in a virtual world.

its mind blowing to be honest,
that sounds like every other vr game ive played which is to say, no its not even close to normal fluidity.

What, no poll!? :( Well it's a big 'No' from me, primarily due to the potential vomiting and headaches. Although, come to think of it, that might be a little close to the experience of being in Night City.

Cyberpunk 2077 VR Edition: Yay or Nay

VR is a bit of a controversial topic in video games but for Cyberpunk 2077 I want this. I hope it would be something like Skyrim VR and Fallout 4 VR with no cut content and high graphical fidelity.

Imagine walking through Night City as a NCPD officer immersed in the shadowy neon lit streets, observing the scale and density head on. You see the filth and danger around you and the heavy immersion makes the tension even stronger. You push into the Afterlife joint and order a drink and ask the bartender where you can find a wanted Solo. He tells you he is in the bottom floor. Knowing its even more dangerous the further down you go you make your way downstairs.The tension mounts even further going down as the immersion and reputation as a cop places a target on your back. The bottom floor is dark and filled with red neon and holographic exotic dancers. You can hear the pounding beats of Chrome Rock amongst a crowd of Rockerboys and Solos. The vibe is badass. You see the Solo in question and sit down with him, to talk to him. He looks aggressive and musclebound with photorealistic rendering and gleaming chrome arms causing you to be intimidated. He has two prostitutes at his side. Knowing he is caught, he tries to shoot you but you shoot him in the head. Blood splatters onto the prostitutes and they run out screaming. The floor clears out and you have to deal with his friends. You use your gun with your HTC Vive controllers, shooting them dead and feeling the intensity of the firefight. You run out as the boostergangs storm in from the back door and get into your vehicle and take off. Seeing the scale, videoboards and smog filled air you make your way to the station amongst the many flying vehicles. Further up you arrive at the station flying into the carpark and hovering into your spot. You walk downstairs and turn into the hallways with a feeling of security and safeness. You then arrive at the office of Commisioner Hammerman who yells at you for fucking up badly but gives you a new case. You grab the folder, in low light and cigarette smoke. You then head out into the seedy streets of Night City back into the grime and danger of this big bad metropolis.

Should CDPR implement this later down the road cause I think they should. VR headsets and Cyberpunk sound like a perfect combination. Yay or Nay?
Nay.

I have a Royole Moon,and two VR headsets,VR is pricey,and not all its cracked up to be.

I will likely be playing 2077 on one of my headsets,likely my Royole Moon,but VR would take more GPU horsepower then even the upcoming 1180 will likely have under the hood. Too niche,too $$ for most in this crumbling economy. Its not just a good headset,you need a great system as a base to push it.

Bethesda gave you a bunch of different ways for movement from teleportation, to sliding, that is the best way. Let the user decide what works for them because some can do sliding with no problem, while others get motion sick, but can do teleportation fine. I just want to know if the people who say they do not want VR have actually tried it and I am not talking about a quick demo game, but an actual full game like skyirm, fallout, resident evil...etc. I have seen a lot of people who thought VR was a gimmick changed their minds after they actually tried it out. As for processing power, if it has a scale back function, it could default to the lowest settings for VR and let the users scale it up to what their system can handle.

that sounds like every other vr game ive played which is to say, no its not even close to normal fluidity.
Have you played resident evil though? Because it stands on top of every game I've played so far. No other game comes close to its movement and flow.
I'll admit..all other devs need to step up for sure.
Yes most games are clunky.. but this tech will evolve and only get much better... the real test for this tech is coming and it's firewall zero hour.. if this game can pull off the movement like resident evil and good fps mechanics then we should fully understand where the tech will advance into the next gen and beyond

No. Not even after release. VR is not ready as a platform and might not ever be for very long time.
I much rather cdpr concentrates using their resources making games, not porting one game to 10 different platforms.

Sam was drastically more simple though.

As far as the specifics relevant to implementing VR are concerned, it is not necessarily as drastic difference, keeping in mind the sizes of the companies and the expected sales (I think CP2077 will likely sell 30+ million, even 1% of that is a lot).

I really do not like the "resource allocation" argument, by the way, as explained in the multiplayer thread. Nevertheless, if I had to make a guess, I do think that CP2077 will not support VR, neither at launch nor later. Especially with the recent news that there will be no VR headset for the Xbox.

I wouldn't mind a VR experience built into the game, as a sideshow not the main game though. Kinda like that VR experience in Battlefront. As a mini-game. For example, the ability to walk around in your apartment in VR, maybe sit there and knock back a few Johnnie Walker Blacks.

Top Bottom