VRAM for maximum texture quality and vegetation density?

+
I think the biggest part of what people are missing is that the developers are getting SOLID 60 fps with a GTX 980 at 1080p "Uber" or Ultra settings (sans Hairworks). That doesn't mean the video card is only producing 60 FPS. It means that the game is producing EQUAL or MORE than 60 FPS. I believe that even people with GTX 970, 780's, will be able to play this game at 1080p Ultra (sans Hairworks) - but they will not be at 60 FPS (probably SOLID 30 FPS though), which can easily be tackled by overclocking which is actually very easy and do-able on NVidia Cards.

So I believe when it comes down to it, if a 770 with 2GB of VRAM is recommended for 1080p @ High, a card with 3 GB or more should be able to handle Ultra. And if you overclock, you might be able to get 50 to 60 FPS.

P.S. - I believe everything I said also applies for AMD, it's just I've never owned AMD cards, so don't wanna say anything about their performance.

maybe it's because laptops aren't designed for gaming, and people who play demanding games on laptops have been taken advantage of by rip off artists.
Or you know they are designed for people like me who travel a lot due to work. And there are plenty of good laptops designed for gaming, it's just understandably more expensive.

I think the biggest part of what people are missing is that the developers are getting SOLID 60 fps with a GTX 980 at 1080p "Uber" or Ultra settings (sans Hairworks). That doesn't mean the video card is only producing 60 FPS. It means that the game is producing EQUAL or MORE than 60 FPS. I believe that even people with GTX 970, 780's, will be able to play this game at 1080p Ultra (sans Hairworks) - but they will not be at 60 FPS (probably SOLID 30 FPS though), which can easily be tackled by overclocking which is actually very easy and do-able on NVidia Cards.

So I believe when it comes down to it, if a 770 with 2GB of VRAM is recommended for 1080p @ High, a card with 3 GB or more should be able to handle Ultra. And if you overclock, you might be able to get 50 to 60 FPS.

P.S. - I believe everything I said also applies for AMD, it's just I've never owned AMD cards, so don't wanna say anything about their performance.
Lets hope u right because @ full HD and ultra like a few video,s before, also the one with a single gtx980 on ultra, is that with AA, MSAA, or SSAA, because if u count that in, then u need fore sure a graphics card with 4GB vram or higher on 1080p i think.

maybe it's because laptops aren't designed for gaming, and people who play demanding games on laptops have been taken advantage of by rip off artists.

Laptops aren't designed for gaming? Biggest joke of the year. You clearly haven't seen any of the below laptops:

A really thin laptop with a 980M:
http://www.clevo.com.tw/clevo_prodetail.asp?id=738&lang=en

An SLI laptop:
http://www.clevo.com.tw/clevo_prodetail.asp?id=517&lang=en

And a laptop with a DESKTOP i7-4790K CPU, as well as up to 8 GB VRAM on the GPU:
http://www.clevo.com.tw/clevo_prodetail.asp?id=747&lang=en

Oi oi sir , can you tell me how you OC'd your 860m( bios flashed etc...)

Yes, I flashed a modified vBIOS.

Yes, I flashed a modified vBIOS.
can you tell me the performance gain from the stocks

back on topic
i dont think it will use more than 3 -3,5 even with 8xmsaa if it is properly done.Crysis 3 , Dragon age inqui , metal gear solid v all use 2gb if i am correct(with fxaa and ultra tex)

Shouldn't go much over 3GB in VRAM...the textures are smaller than GTA V and that game doesn't go over 3.5 even at 1440p.

Shouldn't go much over 3GB in VRAM...the textures are smaller than GTA V and that game doesn't go over 3.5 even at 1440p.

Exactly. I am able to run GTA V with every setting cranked to highest (except those glitched advanced graphic settings) @ 1440p with SLI 780's overclocked. I usually get a solid 60 FPS, drops to 52 FPS at the lowest when there is A LOT (and I mean A LOT) going on the screen. Like explosions after explosions.

Then we have 2 different games, my gta 5 goes over 4 GB on ultra @ 1080p with 8XMSAA and 8XMSAA reflections, i need to put MSAA on 4x then it just stays under 4 GB.

I'll wait for some performance charts before i decide if i'll buy the game on PC or PS4.
I have a i5 2500k @4,4 Ghz, GTX 770 2 Gb OC @1300 Mhz and 8 Gb ram.
Do you guys think i'll run the game on PC with better details and frame rate than the PS4 version?

Then we have 2 different games, my gta 5 goes over 4 GB on ultra @ 1080p with 8XMSAA and 8XMSAA reflections, i need to put MSAA on 4x then it just stays under 4 GB.
Well yeah, MSAA eats VRAM like crazy.

Running the game "maxed out" doesn't mean maxing the AA options as well. AA becomes less and less important as your monitor resolution/PPI goes up. With mine, a basic 1xSMAA/FXAA post process AA is more than enough.

I honestly don't think this game will use more than 2GB of vram unless it's storing textures in it. It's not that intensive. Think of 2011 and what was out then. Apply to now. It's super optimized to run on consoles, so PC won't require much - unless you're running 4k.

Latest evidence is that 2GB VRAM is enough, for Ultra settings and HD. Don't know if it will be enough for 1440p or 4K, or once modders start coming out with super-ultra texture packs. http://www.pcgameshardware.de/The-Witcher-3-PC-237266/Specials/Technik-Test-1158845/ (in German)

So it looks like my old 2700K and 2GB 7870XT are going to be quite playable.

Attachments

• BO7rmKK.jpg
    BO7rmKK.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 86
Top Bottom