Vran needs a STR buff

+
Vran needs a STR buff

I know what ppl will come up to say, the opposers, " oh but it can reach very high value" yes, a perfect target for any hard removal.

The problem is at its first play, TEMPO. 6 STR, really? And I've been playing consume for months, and I was wondering was is lacking this archetype that makes it way too frustrating.

Well, sure there are other weak points, but here the matter is another. A 6 STR card tempo, should not exist in this meta. Besides, too easy to remove, and yet due to its low tempo, you can't often play it strategically.

For example, when consuming harpy at 1 STR, or wolves at 1 str, Ge'els, 1 str Whispess, etc. U basically played 7-8 STR (at best) card after consuming such target. No wonder why consume goes TOO OFTEN down 2 cards.

I can understand the barbegazy6 str because it is a carryover, but... Vran Warrior should be at least 8 POINTS.

Last edited:

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
Ic3Purple;n10758511 said:
The problem is at its first play, TEMPO. 6 STR, really?

Plus an immediate consume trigger for Nekkers and whatnot. Consume is a deck that invests in the future and has to pay the price with low tempo. Besides, consume also doesn't care as much about card advantage or going down 1 or 2 cards. More importantly, a lot of other "engine" cards are also 6 strength (or less), like D'ao, Impera, Axemen, etc.

4RM3D;n10759671 said:
More importantly, a lot of other "engine" cards are also 6 strength (or less), like D'ao, Impera, Axemen, etc.

Why is Greatsword 8 STR, then? (And look, look! It is a top meta deck right now)

Those archetypes with 6 str engines are in fact pretty dead in this meta.

Bears, greatswords, spellatel, Brower garbage, alchemy, handbuff and Henselt machines... And the last two, combo with Great SW SK is to be the bane of Dao's.

GG Monsters, moved to NR (not Henselt, meh)

Last edited:
Ic3Purple;n10760601 said:
Why is Greatsword 8 STR, then? (And look, look! It is a top meta deck right now)

Those archetypes with 6 str engines are in fact pretty dead in this meta.

Bears, greatswords, spellatel, Brower garbage, alchemy, handbuff and Henselt machines... And the last two, combo with Great SW SK is to be the bane of Dao's.

GG Monsters, moved to NR (not Henselt, meh)

Welcome aboard, we have some good engine cards for u. (like Kaedweni Revenant, haha)

WildFeo;n10796941 said:
Welcome aboard, we have some good engine cards for u. (like Kaedweni Revenant, haha)

Well... we are the monster section, not NR. So my talks are referred to MO engines. However, Kaed Reveisn't that much in use even though they can get insane power.

Last edited:
Idk why would you even let vran be less then 10 when you drop him, also he is 6 str but adds +1 for each nekker you have when dropped + every 2 turns, its engine card, thats what engines do.

Did you even stop for a minute thinking about the meta and engines in other factions?

Keep going with this mentality and monster will remain T2-T3 forever.

Last edited:
Pruny;n10841281 said:
buff vran, but make nekers 3points again.

Monster don't have good removals to tech efficiently enough vs other factions. Stop looking for fairness when there isn't at all on monster side.

Imlerith Sabbath it is not the answer

Pruny;n10852641 said:
i dont understand?? removal and neker, conect how??

Spend some time on the ladder and reach rank 19-20 and you will get what I mean.

Buffing Vran will not make the archetype or MO faction OP, just a fairer card to play based on current meta. No need to nerf Nekkers in exchange for a buff to Vran.

what?? was playing eredin control last year with tons of removal, 4k easy.
nekkers are busted now, madroeme wont work, and i dont use wiley and compresion anymore because not good against elfswarm.

Ic3Purple;n10758511 said:
And I've been playing consume for months
You've played not enough if you ask me.
Low tempo starting plays and following -2 cards is not what kills consume.
It's Sweers and hard Nekker counters (Mandrake, Artifact compression, multiple kills by machines).

psysteel;n10853311 said:
You've played not enough if you ask me.
Low tempo starting plays and following -2 cards is not what kills consume.
It's Sweers and hard Nekker counters (Mandrake, Artifact compression, multiple kills by machines).

Believe me, I did. I'm aware of all the weakness of this deck and its counters. That's why a V ran buff it's fair enough.

In particular when monsters lack of effective counters against other factions.

This deck has the same problem as Imlerith Sabbath Focused, 1 Mandrake GG. Consume deck, you rely only on 3 specific cards, which can be shut down pretty easy. Muzzle, Mandrake, AC, are all neutral cards that run pretty often in this meta. Plus all the factions counters. GG!

Try to counter a great sword deck with monster cards, good luck with that.

I belive it is both of you who has no clue of what is going on in these past 2 seasons.

Last edited:
Currently it doesn't seem like different opinions and suggestions are valued much here.
If it stays like that I'll be closing the thread, because it is not going anywhere.

Ic3Purple;n10857141 said:
I belive it is both of you who has no clue of what is going on in these past 2 seasons.
I didn't say that Consume feels good at the moment
The point is - will vran's buff help you when you encounter an Eithne control deck?
Or a skellige deck with both Coral and Vessemir in hand?
It will not. So vran is not a root issue.

psysteel;n10864581 said:
I didn't say that Consume feels good at the moment
The point is - will vran's buff help you when you encounter an Eithne control deck?
Or a skellige deck with both Coral and Vessemir in hand?
It will not. So vran is not a root issue.

1 - If it gets Mandrake, it still stays on the board with 1 point just like the longships. Fair enough?

2 - It opens more options to consume targets.

3 - It aligns with the same power of most engines, which some grows by the strength and not by buff points.

I stand my point, V Ran is a card the will be fairer to at least 7 STR

Last edited:

DRK3

Forum veteran
Well, it seems Vran just got his (indirect) buff today - the new Olgierd.

I've already faced this several times today, mostly in Nekker decks - just a vran next to Olgierd on a long round, and it will keep consuming it, over and over. Even if the Vran is destroyed, it provides several consumes that buff the Nekkers.

Unfortunately, now Olgierd no longer works on my NR and SK decks, though...

DRK3;n10955588 said:
Well, it seems Vran just got his (indirect) buff today - the new Olgierd.

I've already faced this several times today, mostly in Nekker decks - just a vran next to Olgierd on a long round, and it will keep consuming it, over and over. Even if the Vran is destroyed, it provides several consumes that buff the Nekkers.

Unfortunately, now Olgierd no longer works on my NR and SK decks, though...

Olgierd is buggy now. His description says "random row" but he resurrects exactly at the same position. I faced the new Olgierd too: a 4X point Vran was Mandraked, an other stolen by Miruna. I received no GG...don't know why...

Top Bottom