Vrihedd Sapper Suggestion

+
Vrihedd Sapper Suggestion

Ability should be, Turn Unit over after 2 turns or whenever opponent passes.

That would be way too strong for a bronze card. It is good as it is, being limited in terms of usage. It is the risk of an ambush that it wont turn in certain situation; There is nothing wrong with that.

TV_JayArr;n9857531 said:
That would be way too strong for a bronze card.

I don't think so. The sapper is only a 9 strength bronze card with little to no synergy with other cards. The only reason players use him is to bamboozle the opponent into thinking it's a silver ambush.

The only time it could be strong is in the final round, in case the opponent doesn't have a target for his last damage spell.

Yeah Vrihedd Sapper is useless as last card ... maybe just flipping if you pass yourself or after 2 rounds?

4RM3D Thats exactly what makes it strong and unique. The final round is probably the round you want to play it the least. It is more valuable to play it instead of a Toruviel for example. To get the round without using her and having "two", because you just made a bronze card a fake silver and your opponent reacted to it.
The issue is not the Sapper itself, its Scoia'tael having little tempo plays to afford a 0 point play without losing ground.

TV_JayArr;n9857761 said:
The final round is probably the round you want to play it the least.

Yeah, but I was actually talking (implying) about the OP's suggestion, rather than the bamboozle. Other than that, what you've said, holds true.

It could have carry over by weakening by half and making it 7-8 point base power. It will be closed till the end of the round fooling enemy that it's Morenn or Toruviel which will give enormous flexiblity for ambush decks. Then it flips to full power and stays on board as a 4 power unit next round.

In this case we would need more ambush removing cards other than Whoreson but Sapper need some rework for sure.

Last edited:
altaybek;n9858921 said:
[...]Then it flips to full power and stays on board as a 4 power unit next round.
[...]

You want it to flip if your opponent passes and the timer didn't run out yet AND have carryover?
Or did u mean it flips to show its identity without adding points to the board, gain resilience and weaken for half its base strength?
Resilience is a precarious thing itself, although the idea is interesting. The risk of fooling your opponent would be marginally with it having resilience; I don't think that is healthy.

TV_JayArr;n9859161 said:
did u mean it flips to show its identity without adding points to the board, gain resilience and weaken for half its base strength?

No timer at all. That's not working. Just a regular carryover unit like Ekimmaras, Mahakam Defenders but with a surprise factor which is why Sapper will be weaker than other carryovers.

-You put it on board as ambush unit
-Stays put until round finishes
-It flips to 7 points thus adding 7 points to ending score
-Gains resilience
-Weakens by half the power next round. Rounding up or down (3 or 4)

It will help ambush decks to have a considerable surprise factor and a nice carryover (which they lack).

altaybek;n9859881 said:
No timer at all. That's not working. Just a regular carryover unit like Ekimmaras, Mahakam Defenders but with a surprise factor which is why Sapper will be weaker than other carryovers.

-You put it on board as ambush unit
-Stays put until round finishes
-It flips to 7 points thus adding 7 points to ending score
-Gains resilience
-Weakens by half the power next round. Rounding up or down (3 or 4)

It will help ambush decks to have a considerable surprise factor and a nice carryover (which they lack).

Vrihedd Sapper | Bronze | 7 Strength

Deploy: After 2 turns flip over, if there are 2 ambush units on the board, strengthen self by 2 for each, and gain resilience then weaken self (rounding down).

Regards,
byExeplar

:yes:

@byExpelar

I actually kinda like this suggestion, but I think 7 is a bit too much for a Carryover mechanic. And Ambush on top of that. 4 or 5 STR would be actually fine, I think. The regressing going in the next Round is a nice idea, as it won't become OP quickly.

partci;n9863561 said:
@byExpelar

I actually kinda like this suggestion, but I think 7 is a bit too much for a Carryover mechanic. And Ambush on top of that. 4 or 5 STR would be actually fine, I think. The regressing going in the next Round is a nice idea, as it won't become OP quickly.

5 Strength is pretty reasonable, I agree with you, Sapper is not only a ambush but a resilience, so 5 strength should be okay then Sapper can strengthen self by 2 if there are 2 other ambush units on the board but only by 2 for each. All in all, Sapper will be a 9 Strength on the board when flipped over after the 2 turn timer then from 9 it would *round down* going onto the next round..

Regards,
byExeplar

Top Bottom