VS Screen is a step back in visuals.

+
I haven't played the game since they made this change, so I might be late to the party, but honestly, did ANYONE like this change?

I think that this change goes in the the domain of being OBJECTIVELY worse than what we had - no matter what you think of the animated card art from before (I wager it was exceptionally well done and liked) - the models are obviously not made to be displayed close up in the VS screen - their polycount, textures and shaders are just not up to snuff when looked at from the VS angle, not to mention they deliver their lines without their mouths opening, like we're back in the early 2000s games.

I know the textures of some leaders are getting a face lift, but honestly, every single one of them looks plain bad compared to the card art in the VS screen.

I implore you CDPR, please see this change reversed.

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
so I might be late to the party

Indeed, everyone already said the same thing when it was introduced in the previous patch. Ironically, the models have actually been improved in the latest patch, with better shadow and light effects, making the leaders look less plastic.

DRK3

Forum veteran
I'm one of those that already complained, but i wont lose a chance to do it again.

This is a terrible choice, the new VS screen is horrible, the leader cart art was amazing, and like the OP said, everyone in the player community seems to agree with this, so let's not just accept this change without a fight.

Indeed, everyone already said the same thing when it was introduced in the previous patch. Ironically, the models have actually been improved in the latest patch, with better shadow and light effects, making the leaders look less plastic.

Oh God, I can't imagine what they looked like before if this is an improvement. Well, if they revert the changes to the VS screen, the new models still serve their purpose on the boards themselves.

Isn't it funny, sad actually, that Gwent is moving further and further away from a card game? Why not make cool leader cards with amazing art, cards that can actually be played, and different versions of leader cards with different abilities? That will increase the leader card pool and at the same time keep leaders recognizable and intuitive instead of these look-all-the-same silly icons for abilities. Playing leader cards will require some overhaul, but I'm convinced it will be good for the game.

Guest 4368268

It looks terrible imo. The card art and visuals have been what kept me interested post Homecoming where gameplay fell short in many ways. The athmosphere of the game has always been my favourite thing about it, so to see them just casually throw out beautiful and polished card art to advertise skins that pale in comparison is pretty frustrating.

The things that make Gwent unique should be celebrated and shown off, not thrown out or pretty soon there'll be no one left to sell these skins to. They keep making these changes that they a day later admit they shouldn't "yet" have made. Complete your work first, THEN release it.

Leader skins look terrible in this new versus screen. Please remove this awful thing. We don't like this.

It feels generic like another normal game. It doesn't look like Gwent! Don't casualize the game with ugly visual changes.

Leader skins are not that good! Only artworks are!

Top Bottom