V's voice acting influenced by Life Path

+
I've seen people on various website claiming a journalist reported that V voice acting could change according to their background. I'm not talking about the exclusive dialogue of each path such as "nomad only dialogue" but the subtle way V expresses themselves. Things like speech patterns, vocabulary etc... in dialogue choices that all life paths have access to.

Can anyone confirm or debunk?

Last edited:
Yeah, I thought I was crazy when I heard V's voice because he sounds so different compared to the E3 trailer (I love his voice btw) but then I heard from somewhere you can change the pitch of V's voice? I'm not 100% sure tho, but he definitely sounds different in a lot of the new footage! Like he has an accent

The male V's voice has made it a lock for me to play as female V...his voice just sends twangs of festering contempt and rage in me, for some reason.

Keive

Forum regular
I hear changes in his voice for sure, thinking it does have to do with lifepath. I really want to be Corpo but I really hated his voice for those lines. I hope there is some sort of adjustment we can do...

Maybe it could only be for the prologue of the game? Once the main story starts, then the tone/attitude of the voice will be the same.

Honestly it might just be that and there was confusion somewhere.... I can't find the source of where I got the claims anymore unfortunately.

Yeah, I thought I was crazy when I heard V's voice because he sounds so different compared to the E3 trailer (I love his voice btw) but then I heard from somewhere you can change the pitch of V's voice? I'm not 100% sure tho, but he definitely sounds different in a lot of the new footage! Like he has an accent

I can`t remember if it was Neon or Alanhah Pearce who confirmed tones .

I noticed too, really cool!

I noticed too, but I think it is just for the prologue.

For example, in the corpo path, male V sounds arrogant and threatening when he asks the bodyguard at Lizzie's to look after his AV. In the nomad path though there isn't as much of that.

It makes sense for the prologues, because V of each life path is an entirely different character, so of course a hitman for the rich and wealthy is going to sound different than a rogue gang member in the Bad Lands. I believe it also means that once the prologues all converge onto a single point in the story, V's voice would be the same from that point on, because the various Vs are now the same person.

Top Bottom