Vsync issues

+
Well I bought the witcher enhanced edition the day it became available on steam and gave up on it very fast given how bad the screen tearing was. I figured that my rig wasn't necessarily to blame but that with time a patch fixing that issue or better drivers would come. Fast forward to today and I just finished setting up my new rig and low and behold, the screen tearing issue is still just as bad ( kept the same video card which most likely explains it but u'd think that a ssd drive i5 2500k win 7 64 bits and 8 gb of ram would help). I tried Everything outlined in this thread ( ATI radeon hd 5850 xfx black edition so tinkered with ccc and even installed all kind of software I do not like installing like d3d overrider or that pcwizard stuff they ask you to use) and screen tearing is just as bad. It's VERY difficult to suspend disbelief in a fantasy game when ur character looks like lego boxes in cutscenes. So I just want to give a thumbs down to cd projekt for their lack of solution for this problem. I will not be buying the witcher 2 based on my very frustrating experience with the witcher 1. I am aware I am missing out on two amazing games but games are meant to relax and escape not to be the source of annoyance this game has been for me. That being said, I will continue to support gog.com as it is a great concept and an amazing website with very good games.

Vsync issues is one thing... you forced Vsync ON from CCC? you run D3DOverride activated in the background and it still tears?

boxy characters in cutscenes is another matter, maybe 16xAF forced from CCC and 16xAF selected in game might help but there is no guarantee.

Well, I had screen-tearing in The Witcher(1) enchanced edition in cut scenes (dialogs) too, mainly line around head position. It was very disturbing, so I tried vsync in nVidia cp, but doesn't work. And becouse I didn't want to download any drivers for vsync only becouse of one game a tried to turn off advanced options and turn on one by one. I found out that when I turn off (set.low) Lighting Quality the screen-tearing disappeared. (I have Win7ultimate 64bit)

My solution: set Lighting Quality to low (nastav Kvalitu osvětlen

Top Bottom