VTMB2 Old Thread

+
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sild

Ex-moderator
Edit 2:
It's real folks! Vampire the Masquerade - BLOODLINES 2!
Revealed by Paradox Interactive at the GDC 2019:
Being developed by Hardsuit Labs and published by Paradox Interactive.

Initial release date puts it at March (Q1) 2020. Will be available on multiple stores including Epic Games Store, Steam and GoG.

• "Bloodlines 2 is a direct sequel to the original."
  • "All conversations will affect the world around you."
  • "It feels exactly like Bloodlines. It was our goal to capture it."
^ Statements from the dev team participating in the GDC reveal

People from original Bloodlines team, including Brian Mitsoda (designed and wrote the story for Bloodlines 1), are working on it.

Edit 1:
San Francisco Event
The non-redacted memo that was discovered towards the end of the New York event confirmed that there would be large (~300 people) event in San Francisco at the 21'st of March during the same time that Game Developers Conference - a well established annual event - would be taking place in the same city.

Original OP:
https://www.pcgamer.com/paradox-vampire-the-masquerade-ARG/

All the signs are there.. Have the stars finally aligned? Have our cries been heard? are we witnessing the rebirth of the beloved cult classic that needs no introduction? A triple A mobile game? :eek::p What do you think? what do you hope for? Let the speculation commenceo_O

I for one think its time might have finally come. But i'd take such news with a healthy dose of skepticism, for whatever this is.. it's clearly in its infancy. But there's a good chance we might get something at E3 this year. That said, i hope it will not disappoint.

Last edited:
That's a really good tease! I mean really good. Hats off to whoever came up with that idea.

Damn. I played the original Vampire: The Masquerade and Jyhad games for years. Just when I think I'm out they pull me back in.

That's a really good tease! I mean really good. Hats off to whoever came up with that idea.

It's in the Camarilla handbook for the new Vampire game, actually. Tender is - the blood matching game. Using it as part of an ARG, though, that's pretty good.

I was excited years ago as CCP announced they are on it. I still play EVE and CCP could have done a real good sandbox rpg.
Then they sold it. So my hopes wont come back ... especially NOT with Paradox.
Do you know what Crusader Kings 2 with all DLCs cost? Even with 17% still over 200 bucks.

Sild

Ex-moderator
While Paradox Interactive's business practices have become somewhat controversial recently, their management of their in-house IP's is still one of the better ones compared to other publishers, but, not the topic.

If a VtM game will happen, it will probably follow a PoE model of development-publishing-post release treatment.

Here are some concept arts players found during their ARG run(which is still ongoing)

large_Vampire3.jpg

large_Vampire2.jpg

So, maybe more than just a mobile service, hopefully.

Last edited:
24459ca5-8493-431b-a103-d12cd9a7d6a2.png

Another image taken from the ARG.
This one image reminds me a lot of how the WoD MMO looked like before CCP canned it. When White Wolf exchanged hands, everything related to the project went along with them, which could mean we may yet see it in some form. Maybe quite soon?

Something is going to happen in San Francisco on March 21'st, according to a new ARG piece of info, which coincides with the GDC convention.

Also the ARG is live on twitch right now:

Playing a short loop of something titled "Project Chimera"
Screenshot_2.png

This.. might, maybe, possibly, could but very cautiosly just be IT!

Last edited:

It really is.
The more recent developments have yet to be written there though.

This is really exiting. I mean it's been so long that i'd take a remasterd V:TM - B in a heartbeat, anything more would be crazy, amazing, but.. you know.. expectations.. NEED... TO KEEP THEM... LOOOWWW.. argh... the teasing is real.:LOL:)

And if we know anything about Paradox Interactive is that they don't shy away from nishe games or markets, on the contrary, they thrived from them. Though i am curious what studio is handling the development of.. whatever that is.. (Project Chimera?) since PDI said RPG development is not their style, or expertise.

Last edited:
I was excited years ago as CCP announced they are on it. I still play EVE and CCP could have done a real good sandbox rpg.
Then they sold it. So my hopes wont come back ... especially NOT with Paradox.
Do you know what Crusader Kings 2 with all DLCs cost? Even with 17% still over 200 bucks.

Risky move by Paradox imho. There is much easier "entry" genres into game industry, if thats what you seek. Yeah, I know Paradox has been around for long long time but still.

Most likely. But this would be an MMO I would consider. Roaming in a dark urban fantasy setting as a blood sucker...yes please.
I would probably consider it too, since I love-love-love VtMB, but... My favorite things about it are never present in this type of games - rich characters and atmosphere. Plus MMOs - cheap grind, lootboxes/mt and time black hole. I swear to god, I'd prefer single player strategy game set in the World of Darkness than some online grind...

Probably MMO.

Naah.. the genre is on it's deathbed, has been for some time. Looter shooters are the craze right now if we're talking online video-games.

It's either a remake or a sequel. i'd like a sequel but it's probably a remake. It makes more sense since it's safer. And it would set the stage for a potential sequel.

Naah.. the genre is on it's deathbed, has been for some time. Looter shooters are the craze right now if we're talking online video-games.

It's either a remake or a sequel. i'd like a sequel but it's probably a remake. It makes more sense since it's safer. And it would set the stage for a potential sequel.
Gut feeling it's absolutely not a remake. I'll be genuinely shocked if it's a sequel. I still think it's some service type thing. MMO, BR, card game or whatever... Something worthless.

I still think it's some service type thing. MMO, BR, card game or whatever... Something worthless.

It's not that it's impossible, it's highly unlikely. Let me try and explain..

1 - PDX Int have said in the past that a sequel to Bloodlines or more games in that universe were a no-brainer. They knew what they were purchasing, and what Bloodlines meant to a lot of people. One of the reasons CCP canned the MMO was because the setting is so dark, so grimm, so nishe they were found themselves struggling to find ways to market it successfully. It just dosen't have that broad appeal high-fantasy's like Warcraft or Nevewinter or Guild Wars have AND because of it's 18+ core content it was that much harder to make it successful without relying on the under 18 crowd which were always a big chunk of the playerbase in MMO's.

2 - White Wolf under PDX Int HAVE made video-games since they've been aquired. There were a few choose-your-story/interactive novel type things. So what? you might say.. Well those games had 0 marketing. They just became available. Why?

3 - If all of a sudden PDX start marketing products related based on the White Wolf WoD universe.. people will expect Bloodlines or something as close as possible to it. The potential playerbase isn't really that high to begin with. If they start marketing products like they are now for something like a card game or mobile game or some other stupid crap that would be a tough fit in to the WoD universe anyway, they would shoot themselves in the foot. Things like that have happened before, Overlord springs to mind.

4 - Like i said, they know their nishe market, and if their priorities have not had a major shift recently, if anyone has the guts to fund this.. it's PDX.

No, this is something else, something good. Common sense, those swedes still have it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom