Vulkan api? Cyberpunk 2077

+
Why the developers decided to use only Directx 12, for I understand to add ray tracing, but the game is poorly optimized. Directx 12 worst api.
I've played all games with Vulkan api support, they have the best performance I've seen stable 60 or more fps, I really ask the developers to add support for Vulkan api.
Sorry for my english.

My PC:
i7 3770k
12gb ram
GTX 1060 6gb
Windows 10x64 20H2

Last edited:
Vulkan has Ray Tracing APIs, but I don't how mature it's to be used in the game, but Vulkan is not about only quality, but performance and stability, good implementation can bring amazing results and I want because I use Linux and Linux don't have native support for DX12 and DXR, and if you play on Linux you know that Vulkan-enabled games have better performance even being the Windows version of the game running on Proton (a "translation" layer to play Windows games on Linux) and CD Projekt RED have access to a version of the game with Vulkan for Stadia (and probably a native Linux version), but I was searching and discovered that this version was outsourced, so they probably have access but don't got it yet, probably in the future we're going to have it, I hope.

Honestly Cyberpunk doesn't even look that much different with ray tracing enabled.
I play it without RT and reflections still look super fancy.

I do not need RTX to play games, I need performance to play and 60 fps, I want a lot of people to notice this created topic, and comment, maybe moderators and developers will notice this, but this is unlikely.

Even Vulkan works better for RDR2 than DX12. At least 10 FPS better on average.

I think CP has no vulkan support because the engine it is based on does not natively support it. As such, they would have to refurbish the whole thing which could take a lot of time and effort. In hindsight however, I don't think saving on that time and effort by going dx12 was really a wise move given the litany of issues resulting from it. Effort put in now could go a long way to avoiding headaches later on.

Even Vulkan works better for RDR2 than DX12. At least 10 FPS better on average.

I think CP has no vulkan support because the engine it is based on does not natively support it. As such, they would have to refurbish the whole thing which could take a lot of time and effort. In hindsight however, I don't think saving on that time and effort by going dx12 was really a wise move given the litany of issues resulting from it. Effort put in now could go a long way to avoiding headaches later on.
Red Engine have support for Vulkan because of Stadia release, every game on Stadia run on Linux with Vulkan API. But the problem is I don't know if CDPR has the version with support for Vulkan, because they outsourced the Stadia version to other company to do it.

I hope this created topic is still relevant and I hope the developers will see it, and at least some of the official employees of cd projekt red will answer my request to add Vulkna api to the game in future updates, or at least optimize the game normally on this garbage API Directx 12. Sorry for my english.

I'd vote for this. Some games do appear to run faster with a Vulkan renderer, Vulkan does support RT ( Quake2 RTX uses Vulkan and works Nvidia and AMD cards )
It sucks that Sony are sticking to their own proprietary API, it has pros( low level access to the hardware for better performance ) and cons( yet another API to learn and code for ) - if Sony fully endorsed Vulkan then developers would use it and as long as it keeps up with DX12 then making a DX12 renderer as well would be pointless. The advantage to developers would massive, only one core renderer for use on ALL platforms(Windows/Consoles/Stadia/Linux/MacOS).

Top Bottom