W and S key are "sticky"

+
Problem is with my own keyboard, not with the game itself. So if you're experiencing something similar, check with another keyboard to see if that fixes it.

This is most prominent when I'm driving in the game where I hold the W key in for a long time. What happens is that after I've let it go the game acts as though I haven't. It varies for how long the key sticks. The shortest is less than a second; the longest I've experienced is around 15 seconds. This is at best annoying, at other times infuriating. This can cause it so that the car I'm driving does not stop and I hit pedestrians getting the police on me and getting me shot. I tested it for the S key as well, the same thing there. I tried it with the A and D key, but the results were inconclusive. I haven't tested whether or not it's the keys themselves, but no other games I have do this.

Last edited:
I haven't read about this complaint yet, so I don't know if other people have that issue too.

Do you have a second keyboard you can try out? It does sound like either the game is struggling with the keyboard type or there's something off with the keyboard. But I don't know.

Did you try changing the Windows keyboard settings? (Windows key + R - type: control - hit enter - and then search for keyboard - Windows lets you change stuff like Keyboard sensitivity...)

I had this problem too, but only while running. Sometime my character would be locked sprinting. This did not ended until I switched my keyboard language configuration (from qwerty to azerty). No matter what key I was using my character would just keep on running.

I haven't read about this complaint yet, so I don't know if other people have that issue too.

Do you have a second keyboard you can try out? It does sound like either the game is struggling with the keyboard type or there's something off with the keyboard. But I don't know.

Did you try changing the Windows keyboard settings? (Windows key + R - type: control - hit enter - and then search for keyboard - Windows lets you change stuff like Keyboard sensitivity...)
I don't really know what to do with the keyboard. This is a laptop rig I'm using, so it would be difficult to change it. I also don't have a second keyboard, but I had success with applying the W-key on my mouse. When I pressed the W-key with the mouse there was no stickiness.

Around 15 seconds of testing in DS3 gave me the same results... Sticky keys there too. So must be the keyboard. Great. Guessing it's not the game then. It's probably either my keyboard or my PC's reaction to it. Thanks for helping me problem solve this. Now that I know where the problem lies I can find ways around it.

It should be possible to plug in a different keyboard on your laptop, for example via USB (if it's a USB keyboard) or maybe your laptop has a keyboard port.

It seems like some keyboards have sensitivity features that don't always work too well with the game. Maybe there are keyboard settings in the control panel of your laptop (or whatever laptop software you have installed)? If there is a way to disable certain keyboard features it's worth a try.

It should be possible to plug in a different keyboard on your laptop, for example via USB (if it's a USB keyboard) or maybe your laptop has a keyboard port.

It seems like some keyboards have sensitivity features that don't always work too well with the game. Maybe there are keyboard settings in the control panel of your laptop (or whatever laptop software you have installed)? If there is a way to disable certain keyboard features it's worth a try.
Thanks, I'll look into it to see if that's doable.

I had this problem too, but only while running. Sometime my character would be locked sprinting. This did not ended until I switched my keyboard language configuration (from qwerty to azerty). No matter what key I was using my character would just keep on running.

My character would just refuse to sprint about 25% of the time on PC but using controller. I hit the button and it just doesn't work despite having plenty of stamina. Enough to be annoying.

It was the w and s keys in particular that's the problem. I rebound the keys to match a ESDF instead of WASD and it's much better now. I had to download a mod to do it, because CD Project don't allow rebinding of the F key. So CD Project, if you're reading this. Allow rebinding of keys to whatever we please. This is already a problem for other people with handicaps that can't use a normal layout, and I without any handicaps was met with a wall after the W key was a little sticky, literally as it turned out.

I'll just add the search for "bind" on the cyberpunkgame subreddit to clarify what I mean.

Top Bottom