"W" key control problem

+
"W" key control problem

If I hold the "W" key down for more than a second or so I lose control of my character and he keeps running until he runs into something. Although the game runs smoothly otherwise, this problem makes it very difficult to play.Hope someone can help me with this! Many thanks if you can.

OMG you found the secret autorun......No more seriously, do you have another keyboard handy to see if it is not the key that has a problem... ( i doubt it tho but it be the best explanation)

Ha! Yes, I found autorun, but it ran me into bad guys that would then lop my head off!For whatever it's worth, I discovered that my character repeat wasn't working properly. After fixing that, everything is fine.Thanks to a very patient Dell Tech Support guy (Sam), it was discovered that the Dell "Media Direct" software on my new XPS1730 (the software that allows the playing of CD's and DVD's without turning the computer on) somehow screws up character repeat. With this software off the game runs great on high settings.

Top Bottom