W3 Oven - An Alternative GUI to ModKit 1.3

+
CAPA14;n7843950 said:
Huh?? Impossible...

The size of W3Oven window is 970 x 864 there is no way in 1080 still get "cut", triple check you resolution.
Also if you are extending your desktop to another monitor look the resolution of the extended area sometimes is not the same as the main monitor.

Another possible influence that I turned on the average font in Windows (125%). Therefore, the program window has increased, which is good. Since some programs it is not supported, and difficult to get to some of the settings.

cemkey
Ah the windows font size is likely the problem.

Anyway I will try to make it resize properly and include this automatic placement as optional checkbox.

Hey, I tried to export eye meshes with W3Oven but I am getting an error report (everything else is exporting well).
Does anyone know if exporting those is possible and if so, how did you do it?

MasterOfTheRings;n7868620 said:
Hey, I tried to export eye meshes with W3Oven but I am getting an error report (everything else is exporting well).
Does anyone know if exporting those is possible and if so, how did you do it?

I got problems while trying to export Triss Eyes too.

But I'm sure, that since everything else exports fine it's not W3Oven fault, it's wcc_lite itself.

So, since i never modded a game before and this is my first attempt, i would be thankful if someone could explain me how to use this tool correctly.

I watched several guides from gopher and co. but no one did their guide with w3 oven. At first, i tried to uncook via modkit and modkitchen where i miserably failed (Always saying could not bundle textures) Then i used this tool here and finally uncooked the files with the tga texture format. Sadly there are no tga images in the uncooked files. Ok, dont know what to do , lets trial and error. I wanted to retexture geralt`s armor shirt. Went to the export section and tried to export the meshes to an another folder. This appeared:

[2017.02.21 20:10:41][Info][WCC] Starting commandlet 'export'
[2017.02.21 20:10:41][Info][WCC] ---------------------------------------------------------------
[2017.02.21 20:10:41][Info][WCC] Attaching depot at 'F:\Witcher 3 mods and co\Raw_Uncooked_files\'
[2017.02.21 20:10:41][Error][Core] Deserialization failure in file 'characters\models\geralt\armor\armor_shirt\t_01_mg__shirt_d01.xbm'
[2017.02.21 20:10:41][Error][Core] !!! LOADING FAILED !!!
[2017.02.21 20:10:41][Error][Core] Unable to load 'characters\models\geralt\armor\armor_shirt\t_01_mg__shirt_d01.xbm'
[2017.02.21 20:10:41][Error][WCC] Unable to load file 'characters\models\geralt\armor\armor_shirt\t_01_mg__shirt_d01.xbm' from depot
[2017.02.21 20:10:41][Info][WCC] ---------------------------------------------------------------
[2017.02.21 20:10:41][Error][WCC] Wcc operation failed

Dont hate me guys, im just a desperate peasant who wants to dig his nose into modding. Cheers!

TudorAdrian;n7870010 said:
MasterOfTheRings yeap, exporting works fine. Just make sure your folders are correct (the Uncooked game one, the Export Directory - where the .w2meshes are).

so for you it is possible to extract the eye models? because CAPA said that he got problems to.

CAPA14;n7871530 said:
I got problems while trying to export Triss Eyes too.

But I'm sure, that since everything else exports fine it's not W3Oven fault, it's wcc_lite itself.

waterbottle23 I had once a similar problem. I could fix it with a reinstall of the modkit. Did you try that? Sometimes exporting the xbm files does not work, but since you have not tag files at all, there might be a problem with the modkit.

TudorAdrian that is very kind of you, but I do not need Triss eyes. It was a general question, since wanted to take a look at eye models. So how did you do that? I saw that you posted a file with different versions of wcc_lite. Do you think it has something to do with the version??

Yes. Uncooked a vesrion 1.22 of Witcher 3 using modkit 1.1 then used the same modkit 1.1 to extract the fbx from the w2mesh. You can use W3Oven for orchestrating these tasks.

a question .. when I extract the files w2mesh, appear 2 files

.fbx and .xml

the xml file always contains the same code (any .w2mesh files)

the code is

HTML:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?>
<mesh>
    <mesh_data autohideDistance="60.00" isTwoSided="false" useExtraStreams="false" mergeInGlobalShadowMesh="true" entityProxy="false">
        <LODs>
            <LOD_info distance="0.00" />
        </LODs>
    </mesh_data>
    <materials>
        <material name="Material0" local="true" base="engine\materials\graphs\debug.w2mg">
            <param name="DiffuseMap" type="handle:ITexture" value="engine\textures\editor\debug.xbm" />
            <param name="DiffuseColor" type="Color" value="255; 255; 255; 255" />
        </material>
    </materials>
</mesh>

how can I solve this problem?

I've got this error :

Code:
INFO --- Executing Lines ---

/c wcc_lite uncook -indir="C:\Jeux\GOG\The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt GOTY\content" -outdir="C:\W3Mods\raw" -imgfmt=png -skiperrors

INFO --- Started Uncooking ---

[2017.03.13 00:28:48][Error][Core] Failed to initialize service handler at port 37010
[2017.03.13 00:29:04][Error][Core] [Script]: Error game\gui\commonmainmenubase.ws[73]: Could not find function 'GetChosenMainMenuType'
[2017.03.13 00:29:06][Error][Engine] Fail reason: Scripts
[2017.03.13 00:29:06][Error][WCC] Failed to initialize the engine!

INFO --- Done Uncooking!

W3Oven 0.8b New Version!

Changed a lot:
-Added Workspace Manager where you can create, delete and load mods.

-The button "Create Mod and Add assets" allows you to recursively create All the folders of the relative path of the asset while copying the selected files to the mod's folder. When the mod does not exist the mod folder is created.

- Added a dropdown that lists just the folders inside the Workspace directory that has a "Modded" folder to it - Added a buttons to Open the mod folder and the Uncooked folder to help adding assets manually.

- Now the textures ending with _d01, _n01, _s01, _e01, _a01 will have texturegroup automatically set. Users can still set a custom texturegroup.

- Added Auto Install checkboxes When Enabling the Auto Install for the first time, user will be requested to select the "The Witcher 3\Mods" folder.
If the Auto Install is enabled it will copy the packed mod folder there after the Build process is finished.
The checkbox "Just texture.cache" will make it copy just the texture.cache file into the installed mod folder.
The checkbox "Is Custom DLC" installs only the texture.cache to the Custom DLC folder in "The Witcher 3\DLC"

Last edited:
I can not achieve the work of export in any way:
Code:
--- Exportable Assets Loaded ---

wcc_lite.exe export -depot="C:\W3Oven0.8b\Uncooked" -file="characters\models\common\textures\eyes\eye_d01.xbm" -out="C:\W3Oven0.8b\Export\characters\models\common\textures\eyes\eye_d01.tga"

INFO --- Started Exporting ---

[2017.03.15 02:59:12][Info][WCC] Starting commandlet 'export'
[2017.03.15 02:59:12][Info][WCC] ---------------------------------------------------------------
[2017.03.15 02:59:12][Info][WCC] Attaching depot at 'C:\W3Oven0.8b\Uncooked\'
[2017.03.15 02:59:12][Error][WCC] Failed to export 'characters\models\common\textures\eyes\eye_d01.xbm' into format 'tga'
[2017.03.15 02:59:12][Info][WCC] ---------------------------------------------------------------
[2017.03.15 02:59:12][Error][WCC] Wcc operation failed

INFO --- Export Done!

What can you advise? Modkit1.3 and wcc_lite faster

Last edited:
wiw2015;n8089360 said:
I can not achieve the work of export in any way:
Code:
--- Exportable Assets Loaded ---

wcc_lite.exe export -depot="C:\W3Oven0.8b\Uncooked" -file="characters\models\common\textures\eyes\eye_d01.xbm" -out="C:\W3Oven0.8b\Export\characters\models\common\textures\eyes\eye_d01.tga"

INFO --- Started Exporting ---

[2017.03.15 02:59:12][Info][WCC] Starting commandlet 'export'
[2017.03.15 02:59:12][Info][WCC] Attaching depot at 'C:\W3Oven0.8b\Uncooked\'
[2017.03.15 02:59:12][Error][WCC] Failed to export 'characters\models\common\textures\eyes\eye_d01.xbm' into format 'tga'
[2017.03.15 02:59:12][Error][WCC] Wcc operation failed

INFO --- Export Done!

What can you advise? Modkit1.3 and wcc_lite faster

The depot should be the root folder where you uncooked the whole game.

Have you uncooked the game to "C:\W3Oven0.8b\Uncooked"?

Also, when you uncook the game you already get the textures, if the texture did not get extracted possibly you won't be able to uncook it normally...
Maybe you need an old version of the game and/or older version of modkit.

CAPA14;n8090610 said:
The depot should be the root folder where you uncooked the whole game.

Have you uncooked the game to "C:\W3Oven0.8b\Uncooked"?

Also, when you uncook the game you already get the textures, if the texture did not get extracted possibly you won't be able to uncook it normally...
Maybe you need an old version of the game and/or older version of modkit.

i have a modkit 1.3 version
where can I find previous versions?

EDIT ok now work

Last edited:
Top Bottom