Wait for Next Gen console or no?

+
So I'm torn, I want to get CP2077 as soon as it's available, but I'm wondering if I should wait until I get my hands on a next generation console. I'm sure a lot of people are in the same situation, so what's the consensus, wait till the scalpers get tired and get a PS5 or get the game on PS4 when it comes out? You think the performance difference will affect the CP2077 enjoyment?

get a pc. my mid range pc from 2 years ago is still more powerful than the ps5, is way over the recommend spec for cdpr and can do tons of other things too.

How long til you could get your hands on the new console? A few months maybe?
As a counter to all the above, i'd wait. We've been waiting for this game for so long another few months to be at its best visual experience (apart from PC) is a plus.

Also, in no small way - patches for bugs quest fixes etc. That right there is a MASSIVE benefit.

Same goes for TV shows, imagine the poor sods going through 8 years of Game of Thrones or some other franchise. I like to binge. So glad i came to it late.

get a pc. my mid range pc from 2 years ago is still more powerful than the ps5, is way over the recommend spec for cdpr and can do tons of other things too.

If he had the $ then sure. PC is best hands down, no debate, but to get better visuals than a PS5, on a good large monitor etc? I preach for PC but theres no way around the fact its WAY more expensive.
Here in Aus i cant even recommend a PSU (power supply) alone cheaper than $100. Honestly if you arent spending ~$1.5k+ then most people better off with a console.

Last edited:
If he had the $ then sure. PC is best hands down, no debate, but to get better visuals than a PS5, on a good large monitor etc? I preach for PC but theres no way around the fact its WAY more expensive.
Here in Aus i cant even recommend a PSU (power supply) alone cheaper than $100. Honestly if you arent spending ~$1.5k+ then most people better off with a console.
I just built a computer a few months ago for a family friend. The computer itself was $1.5k. Then the monitor, then the mouse, keyboard, speakers, by the end of it, they were well over $2k.
It's much cheaper to buy a brand new T.V. to compliment the new console than to build a brand new system. I've built mine up over years, and I still have about $1.6k on my wishlist to replace my 10y/o PSU and borrowed parts from friends.

I'm gonna stick with my PS4 (and kinda old TV) for launch, then switch to PC when I can get one built and ready. I was planning to have one ready by now, but I had to put the saved money towards car repairs :/ No matter, it'll be nice to see if I enjoy the game enough to build a PC for this game.

As for you, it just depends on what you want as a gamer and from your gameplay experience. And whether or not you believe CDPR's assurances that the game will run smoothly regardless of platform. And how easily you can get a next gen console; I hear it's tough...

Guest 4406876

If you can wait you're a Saint, or a unicorn, pick one. I'm gonna get it on PC anyways, but if I wouldn't own one I'd get it on my non-Pro crappy ps4 anyways :D

If possible get the next-gen console as the next-gen update will surely improve upon many things and the game can be played on new consoles by using backward compatibility.

I mean, we get a free upgrade, right? When/if I get a next gen some time down the line, the game will just look extra pretty and it'll feel like a semi-new experience. I'm down with that. No need to wait to play if you don't want to. Might rediscover the beauty after not playing it for a while then booting it up on a more high end system.

So I'm torn, I want to get CP2077 as soon as it's available, but I'm wondering if I should wait until I get my hands on a next generation console. I'm sure a lot of people are in the same situation, so what's the consensus, wait till the scalpers get tired and get a PS5 or get the game on PS4 when it comes out? You think the performance difference will affect the CP2077 enjoyment?

Frankly, I'd hold off for a while.

The game badly needs some optimization and bug fixing. Rather let down with how poorly this runs on my fairly decent gaming rig, so I can only imagine how inconsistent console performance would be at present.

Work through whatever games are currently at the top of your backlog, come back to this in maybe a month or two.

CP2077 on the base Xbox and PS4 is a disaster. It's probably the most unplayable game I've ever touched. That isn't hyperbole. If you don't at least have the PS4 Pro or the X1X, I'd definitely wait until next gen. It's at least playable on the Pro and X1X though.

This game has been INSANELY disappointing. I'm at a loss for words.

The game is slow, blurry and runs terribly slow on Next Gen consoles, tried on XSX, with the Windows game being there, why didn't they even bother with unlocking framerate for NextGen?
I love the game but I feel like if I keep playing, I am losing the actual experience before all the missing stuff finally comes to the game via patches or such.
No character customization after initial setup, terrible performance and looks on consoles.

My recommendation is wait for updates at least no matter your choice of platform

Game looks fine on One X but im a guy that can play KOTOR 1 n 2 on backwards compatibility an not be bothered with there gfx's, but the bugs are real and so is crashing so yeah either hang out until the teething issues have been dealt with or just jump in.

The issues aren't bothering me all that much and when it does crash the auto save is frequent enough i dont lose to much progress if i forgot to manual save, i've never came across a game breaking bug or one that stops progression (hope i never cursed myself saying that) just annoyances.

The game looks horrible on every console. I have a Series X and had to stop playing. The game is blurry/fuzzy/muddy with what looks like low resolution and low quality textures all over the place. And the pop-in is bad too, along with draw distance. I came from playing Vahalla and Red Dead 2 and was shocked when I got into Cyberpunk. Those games make Cyberpunk look like a 360 game. As I said, I stopped playing until they update/patch it because I was getting headaches from my eyes constantly trying to focus and re-focus on the blurry mess. So disappointing. I love CDPR and have always been one of their biggest fans and supporters, but this is unacceptable.

Top Bottom