Wait, hold up, Kerry was married?

+
I wasn't in the final version ;)
I don't know why, maybe they probably thinked that do not match with the sexual orientation of kerry.

Yes, he should be bi. It doesn't make sense unless he's supposed to canonically hate women now or something.

But maybe for avoid all the players (female V) who could said :
"why i not to be able romance kerry, however he is bi..." :D

Finally I think we'll never really know why it was cut.

he may have been bi, but he is not interested in female V. There are many possible reasons for that.

I think that needed explaining, though and especially should have come up if you romance him. The only dialogue on it is this cut dialogue and even then V is like 'oh, you had your kids taken away from you? Worked out pretty well for you!' which is a pretty flippant response to a very cruel thing that happens IRL. Like, does Kerry not love his kids?

If you snoop around on his laptop, you get mentions of his ex-wife and kids. There is also a bizarrely out of place picture of said ex-wife on one of the coffee tables, considering the divorce was implied to be messy.

If you snoop around on his laptop, you get mentions of his ex-wife and kids. There is also a bizarrely out of place picture of said ex-wife on one of the coffee tables, considering the divorce was implied to be messy.

its still likely an important person.
I think that needed explaining, though and especially should have come up if you romance him. The only dialogue on it is this cut dialogue and even then V is like 'oh, you had your kids taken away from you? Worked out pretty well for you!' which is a pretty flippant response to a very cruel thing that happens IRL. Like, does Kerry not love his kids?

well, I agree that while these things are hinted at, its not really explored much by direct conversations, and it is the kind of thing one might ask. Though most of these relationships are pretty new, so maybe you wouldn't get everyone's whole story, especially if the LI isn't the type to discuss it. But yeah a discussion of past relationships, or what it is that Kerry finds attractive about V wouldn't be unnatural.

the response is flippant, but if it actually made it to the game, there might be other options. Its also possible the flippant response could be one of the responses that can end the romantic part of the relationship.

Its also possible, if those leaks about them adding text dialogue ever translate to ingame stuff, that they will flesh out these relationships a lot more. A lot of these characters have a lot of things that are unknown. I think Judy is the only character where you probably know all the major stuff about her.

Last edited:

Guest 4412420

The only dialogue on it is this cut dialogue and even then V is like 'oh, you had your kids taken away from you? Worked out pretty well for you!' which is a pretty flippant response to a very cruel thing that happens IRL.

the response is flippant, but if it actually made it to the game, there might be other options. Its also possible the flippant response could be one of the responses that can end the romantic part of the relationship.
That whole cut conversation is with Johnny, not V. You can hear Keanu's voice layered underneath V's voice.

That whole cut conversation is with Johnny, not V. You can hear Keanu's voice layered underneath V's voice.

thats what I thought at first, but then I figured it might be male and female V layered by whoever found it. Tablet volume wasn't that high

If I'm going to guess... and it's a guess... is that there were initially more romance options in the game at one point, and they got cut. My guess is that Kerry was supposed to be bi... and probably (but really not sure) Panam was. Then after the other romance options were cut, they realized they didn't have the proper spread of sexual orientations to placate the masses, and redesigned some of the romances to fit into the "necessary" sexual orientation spreads.

The other option here is the he was indeed supposed to be bi, but they didn't have "time" to fully develop it, so cut it. I'd kind of go with this answer normally, but looking at Rivers romance and what they left of Kerry's romance, they didn't really seem to care about fully developing the male romances anyway.

If I'm going to guess... and it's a guess... is that there were initially more romance options in the game at one point, and they got cut. My guess is that Kerry was supposed to be bi... and probably (but really not sure) Panam was.
Panam is still bi, you can romance her as Female V but you need the male body type to do so.

Panam is still bi, you can romance her as Female V but you need the male body type to do so.

Without getting into politics and gender identity too much, not sure how much this makes her bi per say. I see your point, though I disagree it makes her bi. If she were bi she'd be into the female V body as well. Basically she likes male reproduction parts and only male reproduction parts.

Basically she likes male reproduction parts and only male reproduction parts.

You actually don't need those in order for the game to categorize you as having the male body type (and you can also have those with a female body type and you'll still be unable to romance Panam), so it's less about that and more about general body shape, it seems.

Without getting into politics and gender identity too much, not sure how much this makes her bi per say. I see your point, though I disagree it makes her bi. If she were bi she'd be into the female V body as well. Basically she likes male reproduction parts and only male reproduction parts.
You don't need a penis to romance her. Panam doesn't care if V identifies as a woman, has a feminine voice and a vagina, as long as the rest of her body looks masculine. Every other character still treats V as a woman, even in the romance content.

You also gotta remember that this is Cyberpunk, you can change your body in a thousand ways with cyberware. There's nothing that says V couldn't have been born as a woman and identify as a woman (i.e, being cis) but chose to alter themselves to look male for aesthetic or other reasons.

With all that said, I would personally prefer if CDPR lifted the body type restrictions and made both Panam and River unconditionally bisexual, while at the same time introducing genuinely heterosexual romance interests.

With all that said, I would personally prefer if CDPR lifted the body type restrictions and made both Panam and River unconditionally bisexual, while at the same time introducing genuinely heterosexual romance interests.

Now this I can agree with.

Top Bottom