Waiting/Passing the time in Cyberpunk 2077

+
Curious as to how we will quickly pass the time in CP 2077. I'm sure we won't be able to meditate like Geralt for hours on end as those beefed up reflexes will prevent us from doing so xD.

That being said, how do you guys think we should be able to wait in CP 2077? I'm up for as something as simple as sitting on furniture or designated "waiting" areas like in the Bethesda games, however that isn't very lore friendly. It still works, but I think that CDPR will have something better than that for us.

Maybe it could be something like MGSV where you take a drug to pass the time? A drug where rather than slowing down time and making you faster like Keresnikov, it does the complete opposite, making everybody else faster and you at normal speed, therefore passing the time.

What do you guys think?

A drug where rather than slowing down time and making you faster like Keresnikov, it does the complete opposite, making everybody else faster and you at normal speed, therefore passing the time.

I think I dig your idea and starting to like it. That said, it would be awesome that you can pass the time while on the effects of braindance or something of the like.

We had very long discussion about apartments a couple month back.

I personally hope I can live like a vagabond, sleep in car, sometimes in hotels, sometimes in your own apartments, sometimes on the street, sometimes take girls from club etc. Thats Cyberpunk spirit to me.

From wiki:

"Long-term housing is unusual for Cyberpunk characters, as their career requires them to be rootless and mobile. As such, Cyberpunk characters are typically homeless, living out of their sleeping bag or car, renting room or cube for the night if need be. :"

Able to sleep everywhere gives nice twist to gameplay too. Most games are "do something, go home, do something, go home"

Curious as to how we will quickly pass the time in CP 2077. I'm sure we won't be able to meditate like Geralt for hours on end as those beefed up reflexes will prevent us from doing so xD.

That being said, how do you guys think we should be able to wait in CP 2077? I'm up for as something as simple as sitting on furniture or designated "waiting" areas like in the Bethesda games, however that isn't very lore friendly. It still works, but I think that CDPR will have something better than that for us.

Maybe it could be something like MGSV where you take a drug to pass the time? A drug where rather than slowing down time and making you faster like Keresnikov, it does the complete opposite, making everybody else faster and you at normal speed, therefore passing the time.

What do you guys think?

I love the idea of just watching the crowds zoom by at hyperspeed, really play up that whole teeming, faceless masses of humanity angle. As for how to do it, V could just loiter. I like the idea of being able to just wait anywhere, leave it up to the player if they want to do it in specific places. So if you want to lounge around in a bar you can, but you could also just nap in your car or hang out on the sidewalks.

Only real issue is that if you can wait anywhere, would the crowds get mad if you take a nap in the middle of traffic?

I will daydream again and (I love that), but I had something in mind while reading the topic...

In a context of a realistic timelapse (24h eq. 24h IRL), I wish there will be safe zones in CP77 where you can make V seat, or stand up against a wall, lay on a couch and whatnot, doing contextual hobby (see below) while in these zones (especially), nothing bad can happen since the safe zone owner let you in when you are not in danger. You can have a break, waiting for your next mission, see your character from an external perspective and the waiting time becomes a whole new experience. I don't know why I think about things like this, lol.

The game becomes like a stylish screensaver that you can place on your secondary screen and do you life like coding, housework or whetever hobby you're on while this screen keeps displaying like beautiful living screensaver, and would dispose of various minimal features like current time and game time, the schedule for the next mission with an alarm so you know when it's time to get back to the game, a playlist of musics (maybe your own?), a screen on a wall where you could display your own chosen videos, and a bunch of contextual animations so V can be like cleaning her weapons, smoking a cig, drinking, etc.. you name it. You could turn on and off the ambient sounds (people chatting, playing the pool or arcade, or the sound of traffic); To make it more vivid, she could stand up and go AFK then come back, check on things randomly, or moving in the bed while sleeping. Of course you can make screenshots to keep them as wallpapers. Wallpapers with YOUR OWN V on it and chilling, how cool would it be ?

There would be a few places like that (a private bar, your apartment, a coffin couch, etc..) so you could choose your favorite among them. Whenever you want to make time fly faster, save and quit, or get back to the game, is up to you.
Post automatically merged:

Not to say this won't happen.
But it can be a thing the day I become millionaire and rise my own dev company, lol.

Last edited:

Tieco

Forum regular
When I saw the reveal in '18, I was suprised at all the sun / day light. Of course I assumed my V would be able to hit a snooze button for "until it's dark"

It has to have a cyberpunk feel to it so drugs would make sense. There is different drugs and it tells V how many hours does want to wait. V does different drugs which have different effects depending on the hours.

I love the idea of just watching the crowds zoom by at hyperspeed, really play up that whole teeming, faceless masses of humanity angle. As for how to do it, V could just loiter. I like the idea of being able to just wait anywhere, leave it up to the player if they want to do it in specific places. So if you want to lounge around in a bar you can, but you could also just nap in your car or hang out on the sidewalks.

Only real issue is that if you can wait anywhere, would the crowds get mad if you take a nap in the middle of traffic?
I was over halfway through writing a reply when I realised I'd have been saying more or less the exact same thing as you. :p

I spend time just watching NPCs in various games even though it doesn't make time advance any faster. The option to do that and have time speed up would be pretty nice. Like, stand still for X amount of time to trigger fast-forward, or something like that. Same with the car or the apartment (a bed would be a logical trigger in the latter).

The drug idea in the thread OP I cannot say I like.

Well, I mean... Yeah Geralt would meditate to pass the time. But like... he didn't sleep.

So I assume the equivalent for Cyberpunk would be sleeping.

It would be cool if time flew close to real time and you sometimes actually had to wait.

As for passing time...
- Take a nap at your crib, at your friends, at a hotel, or in your car. Wake up fresh.
- Sit on a park bench. A short while, and be refreshed. For hours, and leave tired and compromised.
- Go to a library and read some books (or read books at home). Time passes. Maybe you even learn something (library search skill... wink wink, nudge nudge).

But NO:
- Stand in a random street corner for hours.

I personally hope I can live like a vagabond, sleep in car, sometimes in hotels, sometimes in your own apartments, sometimes on the street, sometimes take girls from club etc. Thats Cyberpunk spirit to me.

In that case its more likely there wouldn't be any accommodation at all, since a video game character doesn't need food or sleep. I was after apartments mainly to maintain the immersion and suspension of disbelief.

In that case its more likely there wouldn't be any accommodation at all, since a video game character doesn't need food or sleep. I was after apartments mainly to maintain the immersion and suspension of disbelief.

While I think sleeping only at the apartment is alright, I have some reservations about the idea. My two big concerns are sleeping as the only way to make time pass, and if sleeping is made necessary for the sake of realism. If we're going to the apartment often, it should be because we want to, not because we have to. I don't think it would be fun to be forced to stop what I'm doing and go across the city just to use the bed and come back.

I would prefer to have reasons to go to the apartment without it ever being necessary aside from story moments. Things like using the weapon room and wardrobe to swap loadout and style, or if we can use the computer to find jobs or go netrunning for some quick cash. Being able to sleep does add a reason to go there, and having an unusable bed would be irritating, but I don't want the apartment to be reduced to just the sleep zone with side content.

I want to say that the lack of these elements (for example there not being an apartment at all) annoys me more than it existing and not being usable for anything. I need things to support my imagination.

The best case scenario is always there being a way to combine fluff and function. Using a bed for sleeping which passes the time and maybe heals a little bit of biological damage and so on.

Top Bottom