Wakako Phone Bug

+
But did you try compressing the folder first (.zip), as is suggested on the support website? Perhaps that way it's small enough to be uploaded for support.
Yes. The submit button just won't work. :D
Post automatically merged:

Guys, I just fixed my problem and I think Wakako won't call me again now. What I did was to call someone else and stay on phone with him for a long time (I was roaming around the city on my bike) until Wakako calls while I'm on the phone and then I hung up the call with the dude I was in a call with but it also ended the call with Wakako. You have to be lucky though because I don't know if that will work for you too.
Hope it will fix the problem for some of you
Yes. This worked. I used Panem cause I have the most options with her.
Last time I tried this, Wakako cut me off while choosing whom to call, but now that you said this I tried again and it worked.
I think in my case the Wakako call never occurred though. I just got a task from her in the messages. Hope it's not coming back!

Edit: no. It happens right after I'm done with the quest and hang up on Panem.

Last edited:
Guys, I just fixed my problem and I think Wakako won't call me again now. What I did was to call someone else and stay on phone with him for a long time (I was roaming around the city on my bike) until Wakako calls while I'm on the phone and then I hung up the call with the dude I was in a call with but it also ended the call with Wakako. You have to be lucky though because I don't know if that will work for you too.
So this actually did work, but I had to do it twice. I used Judy just because she's my partner in this playthrough. I'm incredibly happy that I get to continue this one since it was my first go at Cyberpunk and I'm just going in blind for everything.

Yes. The submit button just won't work. :D

Yes. This worked. I used Panem cause I have the most options with her.
Last time I tried this, Wakako cut me off while choosing whom to call, but now that you said this I tried again and it worked.
I think in my case the Wakako call never occurred though. I just got a task from her in the messages. Hope it's not coming back!

Edit: no. It happens right after I'm done with the quest and hang up on Panem.
It may not work the first time so you have to do it multiple times, try different contacts also.

Wakako does not call me when im talking with someone, no matter how long the chat lasts

In my journal, I have a Gig called "Getting Warmer" that Wakako gave me before the bug happened but the strange thing is that I already completed this Gig, this Gig isn't supposed to appear in my journal. In the place where I did this Gig, I found 8ug8ear's body on the ground which is also weird because I delivered her in a car to complete the Gig. I think that the call from Wakako and this Gig are somehow related and that if the Gig is fixed, I won't receive a call from her again. A lot of people have issues with this particular Gig. Maybe check in your journal if you don't have the same problem as me. I contacted the support and asked them to fix it, the only thing I can do is wait now because there is nothing I can do about it, I gave up
Have EXACTLY the same problem!

So now I'm dealing with an issue where Wakako is trying to call me because of a gig I just completed and the same thing happens! This is literally ending my playthrough right now because even though Judy was acting as my savior for a while, as soon as I hang up now Wakako calls me and just sits there looking at me.

Bump for visibility since this is game breaking

The workaround of calling someone (or wakako herself) while walking through Japan town and nearby sort of allows you to continue progression with a lot of reloading of saves and timing ending calls correctly.

However I'm unable to find a permanent solution, wakako won't call me while I'm hanging on the phone to anyone else, it feels like she might be about to sometimes but then my game crashes.

I've still got Getting Warmer and the Lauren missions bugged in my tracker even though I've completed them.

Giving Japan town a very wide berth but don't really feel like playing anymore without a real fix.

The stuck in a call bug seems to be common, interesting reading the comments on this video:

So far I'm unable to find a fixer that will call me whilst stuck in the wakako call though...

Last edited:
Yea, especially if you're 160+ hours into the game and no random calls or unfinished quests are available.

Top Bottom