Wakako Phone glitch.

+
So, I am pretty deep into the story and get a phone call from Wakako, no matter where I am, in a car, on foot, no matter what. It will not let me answer the call, so it gets denied, locking me in a state where I can not do anything. Can't talk to her, can't call anyone, I can't even progress missions because of this. I'm on an Xbox 1 and on the 1.3.1 patch.

How do I fix this?

So, I am pretty deep into the story and get a phone call from Wakako, no matter where I am, in a car, on foot, no matter what. It will not let me answer the call, so it gets denied, locking me in a state where I can not do anything. Can't talk to her, can't call anyone, I can't even progress missions because of this. I'm on an Xbox 1 and on the 1.3.1 patch.

How do I fix this?
You have a save before the bug ? (I hope so).
It's after "Ghost Town" (finding Hellman with Panam) ?

It is after Ghost Town. I have a save before she calls, but she still ends up calling. I'm at 'Gimme Danger' for Goro, where I need to meet him in the Market.

Normally, you don't have to touch any button for answer, it's automatic (you can't avoid to answer the call) :(
At first, you can follow these steps and if it don't work, send a ticket to CDPR Support ("Contact Us" button).
(But anyway, keep the save before don't delete or overwrite it)
I don't really have a "miracle fix", but you can try calling someone before she call (like Judy or Regina and wait a long time with the character on line) then exit the call, save on a new save and wait Wakako's call.

Normally, you don't have to touch any button for answer, it's automatic (you can't avoid to answer the call) :(
At first, you can follow these steps and if it don't work, send a ticket to CDPR Support ("Contact Us" button).
(But anyway, keep the save before don't delete or overwrite it)
I don't really have a "miracle fix", but you can try calling someone before she call (like Judy or Regina and wait a long time with the character on line) then exit the call, save on a new save and wait Wakako's call.
It sadly seems the tips they gave in their post did not work. She still called, and pressing down on the d-pad to answer did nothing, her calling image disappeared but no phone call happens. I can not interact in dialogs with people so here is hoping that I can try calling before she does.

It sadly seems the tips they gave in their post did not work. She still called, and pressing down on the d-pad to answer did nothing, her calling image disappeared but no phone call happens. I can not interact in dialogs with people so here is hoping that I can try calling before she does.
Weird :(
Like I said, normally, you don't need to press the d-pad at all. V answer even if you don't want :)

Weird :(
Like I said, normally, you don't need to press the d-pad at all. V answer even if you don't want :)
Honestly at this point I'm starting to think making a whole new character is my only option. Which is going to suck majorly. Even if I don't press anything the same issue occurs. Call comes in, button to answer goes away, I get stuck in a state of not able to interact with people. Which is strange as I didn't have this issue on my First and Second playthroughs.

Very annoying. I'm also on Xbox (Serie X, but it's the same version), I'm in my third plathrough in 1.3+ and I never encounter this problem (since day one) :(
Did you send a ticket to the support ? If not, do it (for help "Contact Us" button in the link above).

One last thing who can come in my mind, it's a bug in 1.3+ where you can enter in combat even from very far of "random" enemies (who can force V to end a call). So you can try to reach a TP point (call someone to avoid Wakako's call until you reach it) and TP in a "safe area" like the AfterLife, V's apartment or in all the shop (and also call someone after TP until you reach the area.

Very annoying. I'm also on Xbox (Serie X, but it's the same version), I'm in my third plathrough in 1.3+ and I never encounter this problem (since day one) :(
Did you send a ticket to the support ? If not, do it (for help "Contact Us" button in the link above).

One last thing who can come in my mind, it's a bug in 1.3+ where you can enter in combat even from very far of "random" enemies (who can force V to end a call). So you can try to reach a TP point (call someone to avoid Wakako's call until you reach it) and TP in a "safe area" like the AfterLife, V's apartment or in all the shop (and also call someone after TP until you reach the area.
I did send a support ticket, here is hoping they can help there. I'll have to give the answer in V's apartment a try. (Edit: as of right now, sitting in V's apartment is resulting in no calls from her at all. I've also noticed, as to where I used to be able to call Wakako and ask about her past, when I try the phone call never goes through where as, calling Panam, she answers and allows for the Optional dialog choices.)

I actually decided early just to say screw it and shut my xbox off and nap xD. Still debating if I should just restart, which will suck but might fix the issue as well.
Post automatically merged:

It seems I'm just doomed to have to start a new game. I'll keep that save file and things, but there goes like 30+ hours. Yay...

Last edited:
Update: Started a new game. Progressed back to my point without doing Tune Up or any other Delamain mission (at all. Apart from Human Nature) and the phone call for Sinnerman came through with no issue.

Seems Delamain is a major issue in this game.

Seems Delamain is a major issue in this game.
It could be due to some circonstances :(
On my side, I never had any problem of this kind with Delamain, but I always does all the Delamain quest line before Ghost Town and Automatic love, so way before Wakako's call.
(It could be a good idea, if you still have the save with the problem, to sharing it with the support)

Top Bottom