Wakako's hidden option in Disasterpiece [Spoilers] - UPDATED WITH SOLUTION

+
UPDATE - SOLUTION (patch 1.52):

There are at least* TWO things you need to do first before Wakako will give you the drop point location:

1. You NEED to do all 8 of Wakako's gigs. "GIG: A SHRINE DEFILED" is her final one.
2. You NEED to do "GHOST TOWN". Having done "Automatic Love" and "The Space in Between", this will bring your reputation up to 30% **
I guess this is what was changed. You didn't used to have to do all this. But maybe it felt that way because the gigs weren't categorized before like they are now. Eitherway, good find.

For those that wonder if Street Cred 50 opens that option, I can say NO it does not. I have played through getting 50 SC and had all of Wakko's quests (all 8) done. No drop off option given, still need to go to creepy guy to get the BD.
That being said I had not even started "Ghost Town" in I do believe 2 game throughs. I started a new Valerie, and close to that point I shall try to see if works out.

I try it and you are right, I get this convo after doing all Wakako gigs and Ghost Town, 14 lvl, 16 Street Cred so Street Cred don't matter. Good Job on finding this!

Thanks, good to know! :) Amended the OP
Post automatically merged:

I guess this is what was changed. You didn't used to have to do all this. But maybe it felt that way because the gigs weren't categorized before like they are now. Eitherway, good find.

Yeah I wondered the same thing - maybe it was always tied to that one specific gig? Who knows. Glad we have a solution in any case! :sleep:

Last edited:
I had no idea this was even a possible option... I always just go the terminal, hack it and then buy the BD from the junk vendor.
Gonna try this out on my next playthrough :)

It has been a while since I was completing the quests for the last time. Mainly, after the third gameplay, I want new content to restart the game.

From this thread, it seems like Wakakko's role in this quest has changed. In fact, I remember that there was a bug relating to this... see, somehow things aligned so that Takemura gives me a phone call RIGHT about the time when Wakakko is supposed to call me / communicate with me, and it never happened after Takemura interrupted it.

I bypassed that by having game save before I entered the place with Judy, and then I managed to have the calls in the right order. Extremely fragile/immature quest infrastructure.

I checked this on patch 1.31, and only thing you need to do to unlock this drop box is get to 35 Street Cred. No other requirements :)
Doing all gigs from Wakako and Ghost Town when you are below 35 SC don't unlock it. (on patch 1.31)

I checked this on patch 1.31, and only thing you need to do to unlock this drop box is get to 35 Street Cred. No other requirements :)
Doing all gigs from Wakako and Ghost Town when you are below 35 SC don't unlock it. (on patch 1.31)

This would make sense in the scope of my experience. I usually beef-up my V to lvl=50, street rep=50 even before I enter Dex' car.

"Supp Dex! Technically, I can take on Adam Smasher now and kick him down in a few punches, but soon you will murder me with one shot to the head from your lil meager gunlet. Wtf, weird right? But let's do it anyway! I will be visiting your corpse on the landfill to leave over 100k bullets in it during this gameplay. I think only Placide can compare to that fate."

I bet Dex would be like: dahell... what? I mean.. WHAT are you on about? V, if this is a bad time...

And music opens.

Last edited:
I usually beef-up my V to lvl=50, street rep=50 even before I enter Dex' car.
Is this still possible in 2.1?

'cause I thought you were essentially locked out of areas outside of Watson until after getting relic'd?

If it is, then I wish I had done that. It makes so much more narrative sense (to me) to have done all that stuff before doing the main quest line. It also prevents a huge amount of annoyances and bugs, like going to a new area whilst doing one of the main quest lines and having the local fixer call you as you're getting unsaveable dialogue trees with quest NPC's.

Anyhow, here to report that I have 55 levels, 50 SC, 20% Hard Reset, 10% Breaking the Ice and 5% The Countdown and have not yet done Ghost Town but have completed all of Wakako's Gigs. I got this option, waited, did a skip time, nothing. Walked to Judy's van to see if there was a, "Sorry babe, gotta wait," option and suddenly Wakako calls with the drop point.

So... yeah, fucked if I know what the triggers are for this in 2.1.

Top Bottom