Walking in the desert kills you even when alone

+
I'm pretty tired of this bug. I don't know I can't find anyone speaking about it.
Every, maybe km run in the desert, I just die. Don't you? Am I the only one running in the desert? I mean, it can happen when in the middle of a fight or when alone, no mine around, sometime after jumping down from a 20cm high rock.
In the witcher, we had a similar bug except instead of dying, Geralt just rolled on the floor and grunted, for no reason. It happened the most in stairs, but sometimes also in the wilderness.

iCake

Forum veteran
I'm pretty tired of this bug. I don't know I can't find anyone speaking about it.
Every, maybe km run in the desert, I just die. Don't you? Am I the only one running in the desert? I mean, it can happen when in the middle of a fight or when alone, no mine around, sometime after jumping down from a 20cm high rock.
In the witcher, we had a similar bug except instead of dying, Geralt just rolled on the floor and grunted, for no reason. It happened the most in stairs, but sometimes also in the wilderness.

Hmm, I died once, when cutting through a landfield to a gig's destination in the badlands, but that's pretty much it. All the other gigs, blue activities, main quests taking place in that location worked just fine for me.

Was often reported already in various threads. Something about the physik engine calculating height wrong at falling. The chance is said to be higher when walking over trash bags and paper boxes. Happend to me a few times already either.

Was often reported already in various threads.
Couldn't find them, somehow. Thanks for reporting it. Hope there are enough posts so that they finally fix it.
Post automatically merged:

Hmm, I died once, […], but that's pretty much it.
Maybe there is some other thing that triggers it. Like a cyberware, a mission. Or maybe a graphic card or something else.

didn't you step on landmines because there is an entire field filled with them ,other than that I haven't encountered this bug and I wandered across the badlands for hours

Yeah it happens to me occasionally, and rocks are definitely the thing that is causing my deaths. If I fall a meter or more from a rock, there's a chance I'll die. I now habitually save before climbing or descending rocks no matter how small.

This is due to a glitch with physics where if you walk at an angle the game RAPIDLY speeds you up so when you fall 2 inches the game thinks it's 200 feet. Try sprinting against boardwalks and fences and walking off a curb while sprinting it happens all the time I'm shocked they haven't patched it yet really makes one think this game's future is none too bright.

Was often reported already in various threads. Something about the physik engine calculating height wrong at falling. The chance is said to be higher when walking over trash bags and paper boxes. Happend to me a few times already either.
I died falling through trash bags in the landfill so I can attest to this.

This happened to me about 20 times in a row trying to get down from Panam's truck during the firefight after stopping the train.

It took me the longest time to realise I wasn't getting one-shotted, I was taking leathal fall damage jumping the 3 ft. from the truck to the ground.

The only way I've ever managed this mission is to climb down very carefully from the truck, ignoring the firefight.

Top Bottom