Walking Suggestion (PC)

+
It really would be nice for Mouse and Keyboard players on PC to get a keybinding for "walk" with both a hold and toggle. We should be able to have to the slow walk with the new binding, the current default walk/jog, and the all out sprint.

It ruins my immersion right at the start because I can't legit "walk" through the bars, streets, offices, town, etc. I want to be able to move slowly and take it all in, not feel like I'm in a mad dash from one thing to the next. I'll miss too much and never really feel like I'm "in" the game.

I'd almost rather stop playing and just wait if I knew it was coming.

Agreed.

IMO this should've been in from day 1. TW3 also had a Walk Hold/Toggle.

I hope this gets added soon.
In the meanwhile, I'll probably connect my Xbox One controller and use the left stick to walk as necessary (as a workaround basically).

I can't believe walking is not an option in CP2077 on PC. Try walking around an interior without bumping into everything and jumping on tables and chairs, c'mon CDPR, we need this ASAP!

Yep. I too was amazed I can't walk around. This world needs to be experienced and I would like to feel like I am part of it. Running everywhere takes that away.

Found a work-around if you're interested, works like a charm.

I'd recommend changing the speed from 0.4 to 0.6
Holy crap! why didnt i think of that. just use my coding skills i never went to school for and just code it in myself. so easy. damn like doing cyberpunk in the real world. i mean why did i even buy the game if i could just code it all myself.

that was sarcasim. even with what you put down i still dont know how to do that. hell i dont even know where to find it in files.

Yiss...

Please adjust so we can do this on PC... I hate running around everywhere, very immersion breaking running through garbage piles and into NPC's in tight markets and in the city...
Post automatically merged:

I mean its crappy we have to MOD this, but there is a mod on nexus already to do this now...

Last edited:
Yea I agree, I would love a toggle for walking. For now as a workaround without using a controller I just hold my zoom (right click).

If anyone wants to setup walking... Go into your InputUserMapping.xml in your r6\config\ file... For now... this is a "walk" around... and you can paste this into the file...

<mapping name="LeftY_Axis" type="Axis" >
<button id="IK_Pad_LeftAxisY" />
<button id="IK_W" val="0.6" overridableUI="forward"/>
<button id="IK_S" val="-1.0" overridableUI="back"/>
<button id="IK_CapsLock" val="1.1" overridableUI="forward"/>
</mapping>

This makes... "W" a walk button and Caps Lock a fast walk...

<mapping name="Acceleration_Axis" type="Axis" >
<button id="IK_Pad_RightTrigger" />
<button id="IK_W" val="0.1" overridableUI="vehicleAccelerate"/>
<button id="IK_CapsLock" val="1.0" overridableUI="vehicleAccelerate"/>
</mapping>

This flips your vehicle buttons so "W" drives at a pace with traffic... Slightly faster, and Caps Lock will be your regular super fast...

<mapping name="Acceleration_Axis_Tank" type="Axis" >
<button id="IK_Pad_LeftAxisY" />
<button id="IK_W" val="0.1" overridableUI="vehicleAccelerate"/>
<button id="IK_S" val="-1.0" overridableUI="vehicleDecelrate"/>
<button id="IK_CapsLock" val="1.0" overridableUI="vehicleAccelerate"/>
</mapping>

Dunno... Haven't got this far, but just in-case... un tested for the Tanks? There's tanks?

Anyway... These are my personal settings... I like em... but amend as your heart desires... Ideally "Caps" would toggle walking... Two things for scanning is just silliness...

I would love to see the game in third person. It doesn't make much sense for me to have so many customization and customization options without being able to see. In The Witcher changing the armor and the haircut made sense, you saw something that pleased you, in CyberPunk 2077 whatever...

If possible staff create this option..

Another thing I realized and that the car and too fast, through the city is terrible to drive.

I play on PC and did not notice many bugs.

Get rid of mouse scrolling for next weapon i use my 123 buttons for that and you can also click alt to change next weapon no need for mouse wheel scroll. Use the mouse wheel scroll to change your speed of walking to running and Shift button for fast running. I think star citizen has that option and its freaking cool.

Get rid of mouse scrolling for next weapon i use my 123 buttons for that and you can also click alt to change next weapon no need for mouse wheel scroll. Use the mouse wheel scroll to change your speed of walking to running and Shift button for fast running. I think star citizen has that option and its freaking cool.
The Star Citizen walking/running speed adjustment is one of the best gameplay mechanics to come out of that game! :p

Agreed. It's not so much about the scrolling as its useful for some people it just annoys me when they hard code bindings like this. I personally like to use my scroll wheel like a button for games scroll up for primary scroll down for secondary ect.

It really would be nice for Mouse and Keyboard players on PC to get a keybinding for "walk" with both a hold and toggle. We should be able to have to the slow walk with the new binding, the current default walk/jog, and the all out sprint.

It ruins my immersion right at the start because I can't legit "walk" through the bars, streets, offices, town, etc. I want to be able to move slowly and take it all in, not feel like I'm in a mad dash from one thing to the next. I'll miss too much and never really feel like I'm "in" the game.

I'd almost rather stop playing and just wait if I knew it was coming.
They had this problem in Witcher 3, it became a problem when trying to walk around all areas.

Would be quite handy to have in certain situations, voted.
I'm aware of the workaround, but CDPR shouldn't be spared of subsequently implementing an official walk functionality (both toggle and hold). In contrast to the playboxes and their limited control devices there's still quite a few unassigned keys left on a standard keyboard that could take the role of the dedicated 'walk' toggle.

Top Bottom