Walking Suggestion (PC)

+
It really would be nice for Mouse and Keyboard players on PC to get a keybinding for "walk" with both a hold and toggle. We should be able to have to the slow walk with the new binding, the current default walk/jog, and the all out sprint.

It ruins my immersion right at the start because I can't legit "walk" through the bars, streets, offices, town, etc. I want to be able to move slowly and take it all in, not feel like I'm in a mad dash from one thing to the next. I'll miss too much and never really feel like I'm "in" the game.

I'd almost rather stop playing and just wait if I knew it was coming.

Seconded, I would rather have only walk and sprint than jog and sprint in rpg. Cruise control or auto drive for vehicles would also be something to think about but not nearly as important as walking for immersion.

Anyway I just wanted to thank CDPR for another quality experience and mention that personally I haven't had major bugs or glitches yet, apart from actor transform changes when new animations start.

Yes Please add toggle walk option. In quests where you need to follow NPC It's so immersion breaking where you run and stop run and stop while trying to follow them and listen to the dialogue. It's so frustrating when an RPG doesn't have a walk option for PC player. Not all of us use controllers...

Guest 4456526

Huh, don't we always walk by default? I have to press the sprint button to run..?

Or do you need to walk slower?

Need this option !!!!!!!
Post automatically merged:

I can't believe that a graphically beautiful game can't enjoy the scenery on PC? I really do not forgive this incredible forgetfulness on your part. 8 years old and no one has played on PC in the team to realize that his advance too fast on PC with a keyboard ???

Last edited:
I'm not bothered by the jogging, but I would like to be able to control how fast I move during combat or sneaking.

+1. Walking would be nice to have on PC. There is a workaround - V is walking when overloaded, so at some point I tried to keep my inventory near full to be able to "activate" walk by picking up an additional item with weight. Of course this is a crutch, better than nothing though))

The stutter-step you do when following NPCs at times is irritating as hell, in every game. I do notice that CDPR alleviates this somewhat by having you RP-walk when following someone, but it's janky as hell - one minute I'm walking with the NPC, then suddenly I shoot forward as the scripting breaks for a second, then I'm walking again.

A walk toggle would solve all that. But props to them for trying to avoid the stutter-step annoyance with the automatic system.

(By stutter-step i mean the NPC is RP-walking but you're on Run mode so you take 2 steps, stop, take 2 steps, stop, etc while the NPCs follows their scripted path. Ugh i hate it so much)

Yes but on nexus its already "ehghge" what give you this option and you can walk when you want and not just if you following a story npc O_O :D

the funny thing noone seems to have noticed (not even the devs lol) is that there is walking in the game and it happens through the secondary mouse / aim button. It's simply ruined by the forced and completely unnecessary zoom-in.

Top Bottom