Wallrunning removed

+
Thanks! That looks so creepy lol. I definitely won't miss it.

It would have been cool if they added wall running in the fashion of Mirrors Edge. That would be more simple to implement and you could use it in combat situations.

Well, that's not really wall-running. So theoretically it could still be in the game and actual running on the wall is cut? I don't know, nothing seems very clear.

Well, that's not really wall-running. So theoretically it could still be in the game and actual running on the wall is cut? I don't know, nothing seems very clear.
I don't know the details, but this is what it sounds like to me. Maybe we'll still be able to stick to a wall, we just can't move once we do.

Guest 4406876

Every single person that has played the game mentions there where almost no Cinematics in the game. Do you instead mean conversions? If so RPGs might just not be your thing.
RPG has been removed in every description of the game. I guess this points out that RPG is something else. Just waiting for them to cut some more and release a branded Cyberpunk blender.

RPG has been removed in every description of the game. I guess this points out that RPG is something else. Just waiting for them to cut some more and release a branded Cyberpunk blender.
...that's marketing. 'rpg' and 'role playing game' aren't good marketing terms (imo) but describing the game with terms like 'action', 'adventure', 'first person', and 'story' are more easily understood by people who may not commonly associate with rpg's as a genre.

...that doesn't mean the game is less of an rpg. especially since all of its mechanics are derived from a whole role playing game; whose creator has given it the highest of approval.

This thread is not going to turn into another "what's a RPG". Back on topic, please.

confused.gif

i feel like i brought up a would about an old war. i...i didn't know...i...i wasn't there ;-;

Cyberpunk 2077 will allow main character V scale to climb buildings from the outside in specific scenarios.
In a German-language interview with NightCitylife.de that has been recently translated into English by Reddit user Moraez, Senior Level Designer Miles Tost revealed that V will be able to climb buildings from the outside, but it seems like this won't be an actual mechanic as it is only going to happen within specific contexts.

How about delaying the game for a year or two instead?
Cause that becomes annoying.

Anything "fun" left for Melee gameplay?
Any good news I missed for a change?
Are Takedown still there?
Wall running was removed during testing, because it didn't work well with the level design. It has nothing to do with lack of time. Similar reasoning stands behind removal of Flathead, so further delay won't bring those features back.

Hmmm car customisation didn’t phase me as it was never promised, trains was sad as wether or not we could use them it would have been great for immersion and world building to have them like in the trailers.
But now wall running too? Really hoping there isn’t too much if anymore removed.

We never really saw much of it to become begin with, so i am not gonna cry over the loss of it. Could have been interesting thing to explore but i'd imagine it was a pain to implement level design wise.

I disagree, you could easily solve that by making it only possible to run on some specific types of walls

I disagree, you could easily solve that by making it only possible to run on some specific types of walls
there people go with that "easily" again. how do you know?
that implementation requires placing those walls around the world; rigging that animation; assuring the collision physics doesn't interfere with other models; assuring that skills used during that animation still work; rigging new animations for skills used during the wall running animation; determining how other mechanics affect wall running traversal; and probably a million other things that i know nothing about.

so what can anyone definitively say about the 'ease' of implementing a mechanic like wall running?

Wow. It looks like we will be lucky if we will be able to move forward in released game. Or maybe final product will be text based?

Seeing things like these just make me lose faith in the game. I know they said that things are subject to be removed, what you're seeing is not final, etc etc but seeing/hearing about these things already in the game (customizable cars, trains) only for them to be removed really does sting. Just don't show any game mechanics that you doubt won't make it in the final game, otherwise you'll just be disappointing many fans. Really is a damn shame, hopefully they might add these things back in a future DLC.

but seeing/hearing about these things already in the game (customizable cars, trains) only for them to be removed really does sting.
but they weren't! they were being tested. the 'customisation' was being defined, it wasn't a full feature that was defined. the trains thing wasn't a full feature, it was in the process of being defined.

Seeing things like these just make me lose faith in the game. I know they said that things are subject to be removed, what you're seeing is not final, etc etc but seeing/hearing about these things already in the game (customizable cars, trains) only for them to be removed really does sting. Just don't show any game mechanics that you doubt won't make it in the final game, otherwise you'll just be disappointing many fans. Really is a damn shame, hopefully they might add these things back in a future DLC.
Lets be honest. Its not the first time CDPR did that. How many things they promised during development of TW3 and later completely dropped those ideas? Anyone remember what they were saying about in game economy? I member. Same story with CP2077. I understand that during development some ideas are removed, but they are always overhyping their games, trowing those amazing ideas left and right and later never adding them into game. I wish they finally stop doing that.

Something got removed again?

I won't be surprised the next day when someone discovers that something different got removed in the game

Top Bottom