Wallrunning removed

+
When they are at it, they should also remove the "double-jump" stupidity from the game. This is one of the silliest game mechanics in existence and it should never be used.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO STOP!!!!!!!!!! :oops::cry:

Post automatically merged:

If you tell me how you can build a rocket engine small enough to fit in your legs, with enough trust to lift up 70-120 kilograms of weight, with enough fuel to do that multiple times during combat, then I will consider "double-jump" a possibility.

No matter how arcade or SF the game is - double-jump is still stupid.
That's an assumption, chemical reaction is not the only propulsion method in existence. Chances are that the technology that allows V to double jump is a combination of electrostatic/electromagnetic levitation or gravity negation and some high powered springs. Remember there are flying cars in Cyberpunk2077.

This is technology that normal people (not in the government) are allowed to know about in 2020, and it's not even that new.
In 2077 much more possible.

Last edited:
When they are at it, they should also remove the "double-jump" stupidity from the game. This is one of the silliest game mechanics in existence and it should never be used.

They said back then, they justified this mechanic in the lore (like in 2077 there's a technology for this). They said that pretty much every item in the game will coherent within the lore, the technological world, etc.

But they could still remove it if they feel to.

(edit : I don't mean that it's scientifically accurate - and I don't think that CP77 is a place designed for top hard-sci-fi content)

It's quite illustrative why devs in general resist showing work in progress stuff. Even if it looks great, so much stuff gets scrapped in the process that it might piss off public.

Car customization or trains didn't bother me in the slightest - waste of resources. But mantis blades letting you wall climb - really cool idea gameplay-wise. Shame it didn't make that cut. It's something that made them special.
*Sigh* Now you care.... Okay fine. show me some support too though! *sighhhh* :giveup:

They said back then, they justified this mechanic in the lore (like in 2077 there's a technology for this). They said that pretty much every item in the game will coherent within the lore, the technological world, etc.

But they could still remove it if they feel to.

(edit : I don't mean that it's scientifically accurate - and I don't think that CP77 is a place designed for top hard-sci-fi content)
It's really not far fetched at all. The government likely already has stuff that makes Cyberpunk2077 look like a saturday morning cartoon, but of course we can't get access to stuff that cool. The general public is always several years behind in technology compared to what the government is capable of.

Or is this just fan-ta-syyyy ♫
Caught in a land slide... no escape from reality.... ♫

you want to be sad. i will not invalidate your feelings.
NO!?

It's ok... We fans do just like football team fans do, overreacting to every bit of news and whatnot, backseat managing the company and so on.
This is more than just sweaty guys throwing around a ball!

Last edited:
The "fluff" you are oh so easily dismissing is the most important thing for Cybepunk. Not some stupid dice mechanics or turn based P-n-P combat. Also, give an example for a contradiction between CP2020 and CP2077.

C2020 is really deadly, C2077 isn't.
C2020 "it always rains. Every day should be grim, gloomy and overcast." while in C2077 the weather is normal (not that I personally care, but you asked for examples).
C2020 gives as much importance to social customisation as to combats customisation, C2077 has almost no social customisation and tons of combat customisation.
C2020 makes every piece of cyberware you take a real decision, in C2077 they are juste upgrades.
And so on, I'm not here to make a list of every unfaithful part of C2077.

Frankly, reading your (and two other, very active forum members) arguments, I can see you are angry because you wanted CDPR to make a boat but they've made a train, so you are now arguing how shitty it is at swimming.

They did say "boat".
Actually, far, far before 2018 they did say things (sometimes precise ones) that made me dreams, like "you will be able to print your character and use it directly". That's how faithful I though the game would be back then.
Now I'm here mainly for the good story they know how to write and sporadically for good news.

But hey, at least I know many peoples are already interested about what I'll do with the game as I'll probably, not even on purpose, push it to its limits when it comes to liberty.

C2020 "it always rains. Every day should be grim, gloomy and overcast." while in C2077 the weather is normal (not that I personally care, but you asked for examples).
C2020 gives as much importance to social customisation as to combats customisation, C2077 has almost no social customisation and tons of combat customisation.
C2020 makes every piece of cyberware you take a real decision, in C2077 they are juste upgrades.

They did say "boat".
Actually, far, far before 2018 they did say things (sometimes precise ones) that made me dreams, like "you will be able to print your character and use it directly". That's how faithful I though the game would be back then.
Now I'm here mainly for the good story they know how to write and sporadically for good news.

But hey, at least I know many peoples are already interested about what I'll do with the game as I'll probably, not even on purpose, push it to its limits when it comes to liberty.

C2020 is really deadly, C2077 isn't. - you will still die plenty of times in CP2077. You will still get punished for doing things recklessly. So no, you are wrong.

C2020 "it always rains. Every day should be grim, gloomy and overcast." while in C2077 the weather is normal (not that I personally care, but you asked for examples). - that's not true (CP2020 gloomy) and it was discussed plenty of times already. Acid rain is still present in CP2077. So no, you are wrong.

C2020 gives as much importance to social customisation as to combats customisation, C2077 has almost no social customisation and tons of combat customisation. - your background, looks and skills influences dialogues and NPC reaction in CP2077. Just because you don't see the numbers it doesn't mean they aren't there. So no, you are wrong on that one too.

C2020 makes every piece of cyberware you take a real decision, in C2077 they are juste upgrades. - you still won't be able to just put everything - cyberware fills up the slots and you need to choose. So no, you are wrong on that one also.

Like I said: you wanted boat, CDPR made a train. Both can transport the cargo and/or people, but do that in a different way and in a different medium. What CDPR told before they started to work on their "train" does not matter right now. You cannot deal with it. Therefore discussing anything CP2077 related with you is pointless and unproductive.

Guest 3573786

I'm thinking these scrapped things might be the result of feature creep and we could get some of them back in expansions packs

When I saw that CDPR had made a visible interiors behind the windows of apartment buildings, I knew wallrunning was out.

Once sufficiently equipped and augmented, my Solo in 2020 could shrug of rather lot of damage.

We have not seen anyone except a mid game solo take on a lot of fire.

All others have been glancing blows and even those almost end up killing V.

That's referee fiat. If I was running 2077 as a tabletop campaing, it would have normal weather. Shit. I'd probably go for a heatwave and constant sun without so much as a cloud in the sky, except rainless - just passing Night City due north or south - thunderstorms during the night. Just heat and humidity, no relief.

Also the AC would be broken, always.

We have no solid information about how your appearance affects gameplay.

We have not seen anything like a full list of cyberware.

EDIT:

I wouldn't call it quite as silly, reality can be suprising.

Ditch bullet time and bring in wall running.

So ditch a 2020 staple and instead include something that requires reworking of large swathes of the map and equally large amounts of quests. Four and a half months before release. Really?

Wallrunning dropped sort of makes sense. And also, I think that they may keep it in but context-specific (as in certain places you might do it).

If you could just climb walls everywhere like in assassins creed, its obvious that there would be big ramifications. Then there could be no enclosed spaces apart from indoors; also it would create a huge advantage to those who have that cyber compared to those who dont. As far as I know, they made this decision because of level design reasons. You could circumvent too much by climbing walls I guess. Makes sense and I dont mind.

Wallrunning dropped sort of makes sense. And also, I think that they may keep it in but context-specific (as in certain places you might do it).

If you could just climb walls everywhere like in assassins creed, its obvious that there would be big ramifications. Then there could be no enclosed spaces apart from indoors; also it would create a huge advantage to those who have that cyber compared to those who dont. As far as I know, they made this decision because of level design reasons. You could circumvent too much by climbing walls I guess. Makes sense and I dont mind.

It would've been like Dishonored. And I don't see how it's a bad thing

Guest 3573786

There's still 5 months. I wonder what will be left in the released game after further "optimization".

This games should've never targeted current gen consoles
True, but then the sales would suffer

That's referee fiat. If I was running 2077 as a tabletop campaing, it would have normal weather. Shit. I'd probably go for a heatwave and constant sun without so much as a cloud in the sky, except rainless - just passing Night City due north or south - thunderstorms during the night. Just heat and humidity, no relief.
all those nukes really does a number on local meteorology lol
plus in cyberpunk as a genre, it's always nighttime, and it's always raining. it's kind of annoying tbh. it's genre-defining sure, but it becomes stale really quickly. just because it's daytime doesn't mean it's sunshine, rainbows and lilies. poverty, murder and desperation don't take a break because it's 'sunny california.' i want to experience more daytime cyberpunk and i'm glad CP2077 is providing some of that.

Can you still climb up walls with the Mantis Blades and jump off to assassinate an enemy like seen in the 2018 48 minute demo?

all those nukes really does a number on local meteorology lol

Meteors, not nukes. Highflyers (cyberpunk spacers) used a mass driver to drop rocks on Earth as a part of going independent and proving the point.

plus in cyberpunk as a genre, it's always nighttime, and it's always raining. it's kind of annoying tbh. it's genre-defining sure, but it becomes stale really quickly. just because it's daytime doesn't mean it's sunshine, rainbows and lilies. poverty, murder and desperation don't take a break because it's 'sunny california.' i want to experience more daytime cyberpunk and i'm glad CP2077 is providing some of that.

One of my favourite cyberpunk works is the Transmetropolitan comic. Most of it's events happen in daytime.

Top Bottom