Wallrunning removed

+
My larger concern is how much else is going to be removed and how did these cuts work with leveling progress.

I'm hopeful that skills and augmentations we buy will have more of an influence on our interactions with the world rather than some "25% damage bonus" or some such stat influence.

C2020 is really deadly, C2077 isn't. - you will still die plenty of times in CP2077. You will still get punished for doing things recklessly. So no, you are wrong.

Come on!
If you know C2020 you know swiping a whole boostergang in a firefight isn't a rookie level thing but a legendary character level things?
Wants to make it worst? Remember that you can even do it without killing anyone meaning that yes, you makes the feats so extraordinary that Morgan Blackhand in known for while being a rookie.

Therefore discussing anything CP2077 related with you is pointless and unproductive.

What do you wants from me?
Be my guest and ignores me if you wants, I have no problem with that.

Wallrunning seemed like it be so fun, but yeah, maybe not in FPP. I wouldn't really be disappointed if this was news like last year versus months away from release.

Though I have to be fair that they did say that all of that wasn't final product, however, because nothing is final that also means more cuts are completely possible. Also it's more disappointing because of the car customization and subway, I know it wasn't a promise or something, I just assumed based off what I saw and what other games have done, disappointed regardless, especially because this is all back-to-back news.

Who knows, maybe some awesome stuff got added instead and we will see it in another episode of NCW.

I think that skill was the main aspect of some playstyles and cdpr did wrong with removing that from the game. What are your thoughts about it ?

I don't think it ever could be or was the most important aspect of any of the playstyle one could go for. Removing anything related to hacking would be much more meaningful and impactful, as it is the playstyle and class. Wallrunning is just a peek, a nest little mechanic that can be fun if done right and encouraged (Titanfall 2).

It is said that wallrunning was scrapped due to design reasons, which probably means that the levels are built in a way that does require any of the wallrunning regardless of what you're trying to do - flank someone in combat, or go sneaky beaky unnoticed. It just looked fun in the 2018 demo, but it doesn't mean that the actual thing would be fun, necessary or useful more than a very limited amount of times in the actual game.

So, personally, I feel indifferent about that being removed. This is actually the way I feel about most of the recent news of things being cut out because our expectations of what Cyberpunk 2077 might need or be do not (and can't, and shouldn't) define the final game. We just keep picturing stuff based on raw footage we're being shown, completely disregarding the fact that nine of our expectations have to be true or on the same line with the devs' ideas. That is not very fair, especially knowing that we have never seen gameplay that has been proven to represent the final state of the game with no changes being considered or possible.

I'm torn on it. It's a cool feature, and some older interviews said you'd be able to climb tall buildings, but that's a little too superhero-y for me. It does add some complexity to combat, but my interest in 2077 doesn't hinge on my ability to climb or run on walls. I actually kind of prefer a more "realistic" approach to combat... as far as a futuristic/sci-fi, body modification game with flying cars can get to realism, that is. In the end, it won't affect my opinion of 2077.

The thing a lot of people seem to be forgetting though is that just because a feature is removed does not mean we won't see it in the future should it be more fleshed out. All of this stuff that we've seen being cut so far is content that can easily be added in DLC.

You'd probably be better off using the wallrunning thread for the discussion (usually doubles get shut down in forums).

That being said, I'm pretty disappointed. The feature by itself isn't something that is big to me, but I really enjoy different avenues for the PC to interact with the world. I think it's a great way for a game to push the envelope.

I also believe a major thing for RPGs is how the world reacts to our PC, as well as how through leveling we're presenting with new choices and different ways to engage the world that weren't there previously. A great example is scaling buildings with the mantis blades for instance or different paths being blocked for certain playstyles.

If it's just something like wall running, then it sucks, but not too big of a deal. If it's a few features that could be tied to player progression and augmentations, then that's a huge let down.

That being said, the feature or parkouring is something I enjoy. It's fun in Dying Light. It's even more fun in games like Spiderman (I could spend hours just swinging around the city and stuff).

this universe is based on the tabletop rpg of Cyberpunk 2020. CDPR is basically the Referee of their own campaign in this universe. i am subject to the interpretation of the rules by my Referee. And by the admission of the Cyberpunk 2020 rulebook, the Athletics skill is defined as follows:

"Athletics: This skill is required for accurate throwing, climbing, and balancing. It combines the basic elements of any high school level sports program. At +3 and above, you are equivalent of a real high school 'jock'. At +5 and above, you can perform in college level competitions. At +8 and above, you are of Olympic or Professional caliber."

we know that the 'double jump' feature is a result of cyberware and is not a direct result of one's athletic skill. we do not know if reaching elevated areas by climbing/hanging from sheer walls with or without the mantis blades is possible. wall running in this universe is not absolutely necessary and i will respect the ruleset as interpreted by the Referee. i wish people would not take 2 year old off-hand comments by a single dev out of 600 to be gospel.

I feel like a lot of the fun that we could have on the game is getting removed, like the subways and now wallrunning.

It's a presumtion that they would be fun, based on the expectations that you have. Unfortunately, the mental model that you (or anyone else) have is based on incomplete information, so it's easy to fill the gaps with hopes or fears. Only the devs know whether those things are actually fun, but they haven't been forthcoming on them thus far.

I really liked how in Prey you could use the Gloo gun to get anywhere you wanted vertically. Hope there is someway to explore the vertical landscape.

i think we finally have a better idea of why wall running got removed: most of the walls & vertical structures are destructible. this is made evident in the NCW2's repeated insistence on guns being capable of shooting through walls. and this dev team has been all about making the interactivity of the environment consistent. if your V is running along a wall, and the wall gets shot out, there has to be animations that account for that, as well as physics and debugging. if there are npcs that also can wall run, same applies. and that debugging is no joke.
so while wall running could have been in very early builds, removing it was probably for the absolute best given how destructible the environments already are. made my peace.

i think we finally have a better idea of why wall running got removed: most of the walls & vertical structures are destructible. this is made evident in the NCW2's repeated insistence on guns being capable of shooting through walls. and this dev team has been all about making the interactivity of the environment consistent. if your V is running along a wall, and the wall gets shot out, there has to be animations that account for that, as well as physics and debugging. if there are npcs that also can wall run, same applies. and that debugging is no joke.
so while wall running could have been in very early builds, removing it was probably for the absolute best given how destructible the environments already are. made my peace.

Actually they said it's a level design thing.

By this same logic, does this mean that with enough firepower, V can knock down giant buildings? I can just imagine running around getting tons of ammo and shooting the same part of a support beam for hours while NPC's yell at me and try to stop me and call the cyber-police on me. They surround me and I jam a cyber-grenade into the hole I made and let it rip.

OOPS I just knocked down my own apartment building. :oops:

Cyber-Game-OVER..... :giveup:

Top Bottom