Wanna see some CDPR sword fighting?

+
Wanna see some CDPR sword fighting?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81zE0mjZ35c

The video was shot during the opening of CDPR's new office in Kraków, just skip to 13:00.

So, are they part of the MoCap team? Are they REDs who do showfighting as a hobby and decided to show some stuff for the occasion? Are they entirely unrelated to CDPR and were just hired as entertainment for the office opening?

Aaden said:
So, are they part of the MoCap team? Are they REDs who do showfighting as a hobby and decided to show some stuff for the occasion? Are they entirely unrelated to CDPR and were just hired as entertainment for the office opening?

One of the guys from 13:00 onwards is the same person that was shown in the Game Informer video, older mocap videos, he was also on stage at the Witcher 2 premiere in Warsaw I believe. He gets hired by CDPR a LOT it seems.
So I think the guys fighting are unrelated to the team.

Aaden said:
I don't know who is the guy on left but that one on the right is recording the combat animations for Geralt since The Witcher 1. :)
You can see him in the action in the studio here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbgKiPEBYdU

Kinl3y said:
One of the guys from 13:00 onwards is the same person that was shown in the Game Informer video, older mocap videos, he was also on stage at the Witcher 2 premiere in Warsaw I believe. He gets hired by CDPR a LOT it seems.
So I think the guys fighting are unrelated to the team.

Kinl3y said:
I don't know who is the guy on left but that one on the right is recording the combat animations for Geralt since The Witcher 1. :)
You can see him in the action in the studio here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbgKiPEBYdU

Ooooh you're right. For some reason I remembered him to look quite a bit older in the game informer video... Well, then I guess it's fair to assume that the other two guys are also from Stunt Forces and do combat animations for TW3 as well.

Thanks for clearing it up. :)

P.S.: There goes my slim hope for less cineastic and more realistic swordplay in TW3 down the drain. :D

Some one needs to translate what they are saying or atleast tell us if there is any new info, as they seem to be talking about the game.

Choreography could be a lot better. Dude with funny hair style is pro, the other two are pretty avarage.

magnoos said:
Choreography could be a lot better. Dude with funny hair style is pro, the other two are pretty avarage.

Well he's been doing Geralt's animations for a while now, he probably moves like that in his sleep too.

As for the others being average, I don't know, keep in mind Stunt Forces (the stunt team hired by CDPR for their games) does more than sword fighting, maybe the other two didn't have all this "training" as the other guy, can't see such a fighting style being used anywhere else since it's not that realistic. Even in game terms only Geralt and Letho had more of a flamboyant coreography, the rest of the sword wielding folk were pretty basic when it came to their moves, thus I'm guessing only like 2 people trained for that particular style.

arkblazer said:
Some one needs to translate what they are saying or atleast tell us if there is any new info, as they seem to be talking about the game.
In fact there's a LOT of new info, and the guy from the video was somewhat concerned that he might get in trouble for publishing it, but here goes:
- the quests are super, super, super
- the soundtrack is super,
- level design is very good
- character development is -- no one knows, as the guy questioned turned out to be from the marketing
- combat is unparalleled
- the main storyline is sensational
- the bestiary is -- nonexistent
- the NPCs -- the guy questioned will be playing Tomb Rider on New Year's Eve
- skins and character models - definitely ok
- the graphics are mad.

;)

magnoos said:
These stunt shows look artificial most of the time because the fighters are not supposed to hit each other/supposed to hit specific spots.
The mohawk guy is awesome indeed.

darcler said:
- the bestiary is -- nonexistent

Wait wait wait wait wait...

Wait...

Nonexistent as in "barely shows anything" or "not implemented yet"?

legendarchitect said:
But very nice sword show, would like to learn to use sword like that Mohawk guy :)/>/>

Why not learn to use it properly? :p
Surely there's an association/club/school for long sword fighting or HEMA somewhere near you. :)

Mohasz said:
What does this mean?
That the guy on the New Year's Eve will be playing a Tomb Rider game. I don't know what's unclear ;)

Mohasz said:
Wait wait wait wait wait...

Wait...

Nonexistent as in "barely shows anything" or "not implemented yet"?
"There is none" ;)

Top Bottom