War scenario: What if Night City is invaded ?

+
Imagine if another powerful nation state or corporation or both invades Night City, would the gangs there be able to hold out against the invasion ? Since guns are allowed in Night City, how do you think the various gangs and other criminals of Night City would fare against the enemy troops ? Also, how do you think the protagonist V will fare in combat ? If V hides in his apartment and the enemy storms the apartment, will V be able to hold out against them ?
Also, will the fighting be more likely to take place in the poor districts or rich districts ? Will the rich be likely to defend their homes and mansions or will it only be the gangs in the crime ridden areas ?

Imagine if another powerful nation state or corporation or both invades Night City
Night City is the "fiefdom" of Arasaka in North America. So it's not very wise to invade it*, no matter who is behind the invasion :)

*Not only because Arasaka is the most powerful corpo in the world (and can turn the world into a nuclear wasteland), not only because they have the Soulkiller, but also because the richest amoung the richest, the most influential people and most of leaders on the planet have paid Arasaka to "save their souls".

Last edited:
aren't all the major corporations already in Night City?
So maybe a corpo war break out but not a full scale invasion

Jep1st

Forum regular
Depends on the attacker. If it's an outside threat, then major corporations like Arasaka and Militech would crush them with the help from NCPD. If it's a major corporation like Kang Tao, it could trigger a new corpo war.

The corporations may be powerful, but they still do not have as many troops or firepower as compared to powerful nation states. If an external enemy is able to overwhelm the corporations' defenses around the city, such that fighting then takes place on the city's streets, what will the gangs do ? Will they simply fight the enemy head on ? Or will they try to flee ? Will V hide out in the offices if he is a Corpo, or will he hide out at the Afterlife bar or his own apartment and try to hold out there ?

The corporations may be powerful, but they still do not have as many troops or firepower as compared to powerful nation states.
Corpo (MegaCorpo) almost "control" the nation states (Corporations).
For example, the president of the NUSA (New United States of America) Rosalind Myers, is the former CEO of Militech. Another example, Arasaka only "sell" to the most influent people, so obviously the nation states leaders, presidents,.... the "Save Your Soul" program. So those poeple won't engage a fight against a corpo which can make them "immortal".

That's why wars are generally named "corporate wars", because there are always corporations behind and corpo lead the world (or almost) ;)

On a side note, Saburo Arasaka want at first, to nuke Night City after knowing that Yorinobu steal the Relic. Just to not let Yorinobu sell the Relic to the westerners, or to these barbarians to quote Saburo... Only Hanako managed to convince him to wait a little to talk to Yorinobu before > Saburo Diary

Last edited:
War? I am in for V doing the Doom thing vs. hordes of rabid Scavs.
Inside that pitch dark tunnel to the Arasaka tower.

Come, get some!

Tho, my fave would be V doing the raid thing on the Crystal Palace. Kinda crash the place back down to the Earth. A party like you've never had before.

Last edited:
If V, Judy, and their friends are cornered at the Afterlife bar by a large number of enemy troops, do you think they will surrender or fight to the death ?

If V, Judy, and their friends are cornered at the Afterlife bar by a large number of enemy troops, do you think they will surrender or fight to the death ?
Depend of the enemies, but I think that generally, against most enemies, surrender means "death sentence" too, so... :)

"I promise I won't kill you completely"

Like no thanks lolz, I am coming at you with all I've got. :ROFLMAO:

Top Bottom