Warframe (f2p)

+
Warframe (f2p)

Hai ^_^
Thought I would hit international forum, original thread in polish ver. didnt quit catch any attention which led me to think there is no interst or maybe the game is unknown...
I play Warframe for over a year now, since I started, the game changed much, and I thought that eventually I might try and recruit someone.
There have been a lot of updates recently expanding the game with new features and content, a lot of changes and I think that many of you may be interested. It's like running a witcher of the future. Soon, by the end of the month, they will introduce melee2.0 update which has yet to add more depth to the combat system. I can not wait.

They were called Tenno. Warriors of blade and gun: masters of the Warframe armor. Those that survived the old war were left drifting among the ruins. Now they are needed once more.
The Grineer, with their vast armies, are spreading throughout the solar system. A call echoes across the stars summoning the Tenno to an ancient place. They summon you.
Allow the Lotus to guide you. She has rescued you from your cryostasis chamber and given you a chance to survive. The Grineer will find you; you must be prepared. The Lotus will teach you the ways of the Warframes and the secrets to unlocking their powers.
Come Tenno, you must join the war.

Interesting patterns of development and modification of weapons, lies in the modes / cards that put the "deck" of the weapon, or frame (exosuit). Limited by the number of points and the level of mods that you want to add. A bit of RPG elements. Actually, everything can be bought / build from raw materials acquired in the game.

Do any of you play the game?

You can create an account here:
https://warframe.com/signup?referrerId=50f06ef71a4d80302b000000
Some climatic CGIs
List of warframes you can play with:
https://warframe.com/game/warframes

I heard about it but never was convinced to try it. I get my FPS dose from QuakeLive and BF4 and I don't think I have gaming capacity to manage another competitive FPS. Besides Warframe always looked a bit "generic" to me. Am I wrong about it?

Well, for starters its a co-op game, TPP. So it wont colide with your FPS needs ;P
To me its animeish in style and concept, not generic. You enter an instance in a squad of 4 or less, even solo. You fight your way towards an objective. Primary, secondary and melee weapons (wide range of) + 4 powers distinct to every frame. If you want you may duel other players in places of Conclave. Max 2 vs 2. But the gist of the game is co-op.
Starting with Mercury you have all planets of our solar system to play on. Each planet has several nodes (roughly 10 to 20) to play through. You must open each planet to jump to the next (but the path is not linear). Moreover you have "Derelic" and "Tower" missions that take place in the void. Those are special kind of missions rewarding you with special gear/mods.
Running on walls guns blazing, moving through enemies or hiding in the shadows silently expiring unaware opponents... I think in Warframe lies great potential. But of course, its not everyones cup... ... 2 girls one ... cup ...OMG why did I jump to this association??? AAAArrrghh....

I've heard about it. Not a big fan of multiplayer (I just played ME 3 M for a short addictive period), but I was thinking about trying this one, because I think I could play just a little per week without too much pain (in case of games like TW it is hard to play only 1 hour a day, honestly. Sometimes you just want to go on. And on.).
Anyway, if I decide to try it I'll let you know.

I'd actually love to play a co-op game like that with people from the witcher forums, but my 7-year-old laptop doesn't allow it. And I don't have my gaming rig with me.

Hmm, that makes me think about a thread where we could get together to play co-op or multiplayer games together (or vs. :p )

Aah. Warframe. A friend recommended it to me. I tried it. I detested it.

Let me break this shit down to you. It's boring. That's the bottom line. The generic suits, the Warframes, do nothing for me. There's some lore to it but nothing interesting, creative or original enough to warrant my attention.

The game had solid combat mechanics. As in, it all worked. Shooting and slashing was a lot of fun. However, the combat design itself was shallow as fuck. No patterns to learn, no special abilities to utilize against certain enemies, no coop strategies necessary to defeat some end boss or anything like that. This means that you grok the combat real fast and the whole "coop" aspect feels tacked on. You don't need any of them to win.

The game runs in instances. You go from space corridor shooting gallery to space corridor shooting gallery nr. 2. Drab, boring locations with dull colours. The sci fi elements are all taken from other sources. There's nothing original about the aesthetics. Which would be fine if they at least did it WELL. But they didn't. They fucked up there as well.

I also ran into a couple of glitches and bugs. Game breaking ones that is. Once I fell through some grates and couldn't come up. My mate joined me to see if I was really stuck. Turns out, I was. And now he was too. After that, I uninstalled the piece of shit.

It's got micro transactions which I hate. They seemed to boost the acquisition rate of Warframes, weapons and other shit. In other words, I got the impression it was a Pay to Win model. Yippie...

The interface was all over the place. Maybe they've improved it. Regardless, when I was playing it, it was a confused mess. Cluttered with shit and the menus were these planets and systems and UGH!

So yeah. I had a real fucking shit experience playing it. I really should slap my friend for it. That prick. That said, the combat mechanics were pretty cool. Being able to go from sword combat to gun play as effortlessly and smoothly as you could was pretty cool. It's a fucking shame it's wasted on a poorly designed game. It commits the worst offence - it's boring. I do NOT recommend any one playing it.

Top Bottom