Warlords of Draenor (new WoW xpac)

+
The Lords of War series have surprisingly good storytelling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7VT7NG7e38&index=3&list=PLY0KbDiiFYeP8hkPrVS3y0Ua45EJlWRBw

Blizard are finally pulling their weight again when it comes to story. Wrathion is also shaping up to be a very interesting character.

Just got caught up with the Lords of War series. I like the story elements just as much as the PvP of the game so it's nice to see clips like these.

Well I figure Ill test out the xpac. I went back and forth about it because of my let down with how MoP ended but I figure it's worth testing out at least.

MOP had the best gameplay out of all of them. Each class was fun to play and each raid was excellent. The subject matter was not very Warcraft but the raids were fantastic. Up till now each expansion had at least some problems with a raid or two. In MOP each raid was perfect from the encounter, visual and musical quality.

WOD is coming out next week and I simply can't wait.

EDIT: Embarrasing typo

Last edited:
I agree, ToT and SoO had some very fun fights and WoD looks like it does too.

The problem I had with MoP is with how it ended with a 'Join us next xpac to see the ending" finish. That was really lame, pay a monthly subscription, buy a xpac that comes with no game time and grind the same raid for a year they could have given the customers a real ending instead of a "to be continued..." I know moo's arent all about story but I like PvE content and when they fall short on that it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Last edited:
I hope the garrison will some day evolve into some kind of Warcraft 3 hybrid where you can train units and send them out against another player or use the garrison like a tower defense game.

That would be fun, they already have mini games like a plants vs zombies quest chain so I can see them going that route.

Side note what factions do people play and on what servers? I play mostly horde but I'm looking for a good alli server for an alt.

@chance What kind of server are you looking for exactly? I'm playing a Night Elf Hunter on Ravencrest (PvP realm), along with a bunch of my own alts. I think alliance is still overpopulating it and it's quite lively as well.

Edited to be correct :p

Last edited:
@Brielle Well the alliance server I'm on now is mostly filled with spammers and my horde server is pretty nice. Friendly enough people in trade, always someone looking for something, new or older content runs for mounts or xmog, etc. and populated enough to where the auction house economy isn't completely screwed up like it can get on low pop servers.

I have an undead rogue on Stormreaver and I really love that server for Horde so I'm pretty much looking for the alliance version of that server.

@Kinley I will give Ravencrest a try, I still haven't used my instant 90 yet so I figure I'll test out a new server or two for alliance and see what works out then use the 90 on the server I like most.

@Cormacolindor I love shaman gameplay, too bad they stripped the class of the cast while moving spells, that was one of my favorite things about that class. How do you like Vek'Nilash? Not really looking for another Horde server because I think Stormreaver is great but it desnt hurt to ask! haha.

Last edited:
Vek'Nilash is pretty much almost dead...but I don't have money to transfer ATM as I am getting the WoW xpac, a sub and a sex change for my orc because the hunch is really getting on my nerves. I am also getting DA:I this month so I really won't have anything to spare for other expenses like a transfer.

Well if you do the argent tournament dailies or darkmoon dailies for heirlooms you can now send them cross server to yourself. That should help building up a new character on a different server. I plan on leveling to 60 on a new server and if I like it Ill be using the 90 boost there. (If you get to level 60 before boosting to 90 you get level 600 professions too)

@chance Judging by what you describe you'll like Ravencrest alliance, good luck with the testing :)

@Cormacolindor Ah that sucks, I had that once. Used to play on Zenedar but alliance suddenly died out there. Took a while to decide to transfer for the same reason. Checked back there once on an old alt, everything was so empty, including the auction house. Playing on a dead server just sucks the fun out of it for me. All the little things add up to be quite expensive though.

@Brielle @Kinley Either of you have a good guild to join? I know some are just perk guilds and others are very rigorous to get in but I would like to play with other Witcher fans as I test out Ravencrest.

@chance If you’d like to play with Witcher fans, the only ones I know of on this server are myself and @Kinley, and we have made our own guild called Kaer Morhen (yes :p). It’s only a guild for ourselves and our alts, though, so if you’d like more activity with more people, I suppose a different option would be better. On the other hand, we’re not very active at the moment but we’ll be playing a lot when WoD hits. If you’d like to join, you’re more than welcome!

With a guild name like Kaer Morhen I bet you will find more Witcher fans haha. But I guess since it's an alt guild Ill find a more active one to start with and toss an alt in yours later ( I like making alts!) helps with the holiday dungeon farming.

"Let's see if I can actually play some WoD, now that it's been about 15 hours since launch."

Welp.

Top Bottom