Warning! Nvidia GeForce DRIVERS

+
If u are on 1080TI or below (I am assuming) Drivers above Driver Version: 457.30 will make have bad influence on your rig.

After installing Driver Version: 460.79 or 460.89 (could change with newer version) my PC gets black outs. What i mean is, my PC will randomly make my both screens black or what is more weird yellow, purple, or blue, no idea how it works with the colours. At the end i have to hard reset PC, its not a good idea. It doesn't meter. You wanna save yourself time go back on driver v457.30.

I hope guys at CDPR will spread this on twitter s many are still playing on 1080 or lower gear. and latest GeForce drivers, are actually crap. In a sense, that you will go mad, really mad.

I'm running a 1080 and driver 460.89 and have had zero issues so far... Seams like it is probably an issue on your end dude.

You could be right that something is wrong on my end. However, black screen isn't something new, I did find posts back from 2011 referring to similar issue.

My post is just a warning that this drivers versions are not compatible with all gear setups.

also to the other dude in thread, I do run on max setting too, smooth 60 fps. on both new and old drivers versions.
But the newest version, can affect some rigs in not very healthy way.

You could be right that something is wrong on my end. However, black screen isn't something new, I did find posts back from 2011 referring to similar issue.

My post is just a warning that this drivers versions are not compatible with all gear setups.

also to the other dude in thread, I do run on max setting too, smooth 60 fps. on both new and old drivers versions.
But the newest version, can affect some rigs in not very healthy way.
Sucks!

I'm using 460.89 with SLI'd GTX 950's and haven't had any issues at all.

We'll see what happens when my 3090 card shows up next week. With my luck, all hell will break loose. LOL

I'm using 460.89 with SLI'd GTX 950's and haven't had any issues at all.

We'll see what happens when my 3090 card shows up next week. With my luck, all hell will break loose. LOL

Like I said, this issue may occur on specific gear setups. and to be honest.

Good luck
Post automatically merged:

Not really, this drivers update, is mostly for RX series, not much change for series 10. Happy with old drivers, as hard resetting after closing game every time, sux.

This issue only happens when closing game. NOT in game. and it happens while closing other games as well.

i had this happening with any NVIDIA Drivers on my MSI GTX1070 Gaming X... only drivers that worked fine, were drivers downloaded from MSI directly... so try downloading drivers from card manufacturer page instead of Nvidia.. they might have some additional adjustments for their cards added..

Ziffa

Forum regular
If u are on 1080TI or below (I am assuming) Drivers above Driver Version: 457.30 will make have bad influence on your rig.

After installing Driver Version: 460.79 or 460.89 (could change with newer version) my PC gets black outs. What i mean is, my PC will randomly make my both screens black or what is more weird yellow, purple, or blue, no idea how it works with the colours. At the end i have to hard reset PC, its not a good idea. It doesn't meter. You wanna save yourself time go back on driver v457.30.

I hope guys at CDPR will spread this on twitter s many are still playing on 1080 or lower gear. and latest GeForce drivers, are actually crap. In a sense, that you will go mad, really mad.
Seems like your driver are crashing.
Download DDU, follow the instructions, and check if fixed.

That's one thing I have to say I'm shocked about. Running a GTX 1070 all settings maxed and have great fps and haven't crashed once. Veeeeery lucky.

I don't know how that is possible. I have a 1080ti FTW3 and I can barely run it on medium settings and keep 60fps. I have to actually enable dynamic scaling even. Before people say its my cpu and such this is a brand new 3700X PC build I put together a few months back. Minus of course a RTX card since they are so hard to come by right now.

Seems like your driver are crashing.
Download DDU, follow the instructions, and check if fixed.

You see, now i got feeling that someone knows what is my problem. so where do i get display drivers ? if I use DDU what then ? I will check it up anyway.

Thanks a lot.

I don't know how that is possible. I have a 1080ti FTW3 and I can barely run it on medium settings and keep 60fps. I have to actually enable dynamic scaling even. Before people say its my cpu and such this is a brand new 3700X PC build I put together a few months back. Minus of course a RTX card since they are so hard to come by right now.

To be clear, even if i have 2k display, i play on FHD 1080 res. If u go 2k on 1080Ti, you get like 30 fps. plus overheating in your rig. not worth it as there is barley any difference FHD and 2k. but Performance, you have to check it out.

with FHD 1080 res, i got ultra stetting's, with 50-60 fps.

I've been having these issues with a 3060 Ti, I'd say it's probably some weird driver issues, but they're rare.

I'm running a 1080 and driver 460.89 and have had zero issues so far... Seams like it is probably an issue on your end dude.

Me too with GTX 1070 and before hotfix 1.05 FPS were even better than 480.79. Now with hotfix is finally playable with a balance of medium/high graphic options and 85% texture scaling.

You see, now i got feeling that someone knows what is my problem. so where do i get display drivers ? if I use DDU what then ? I will check it up anyway.

Thanks a lot.

To be clear, even if i have 2k display, i play on FHD 1080 res. If u go 2k on 1080Ti, you get like 30 fps. plus overheating in your rig. not worth it as there is barley any difference FHD and 2k. but Performance, you have to check it out.

with FHD 1080 res, i got ultra stetting's, with 50-60 fps.

Yo, i forget to add, DDU delete every trace of your gpu driver, make sure to install them back, and not the latest

I dunno either, man. Like I said, just lucky.

1080ti Jetstream + Ryzen 5 1600af and strange things happen. I even locked it at 1392mhz and it didnt make difference. I rolled back to 460.79 and nothing... I Just got this card from friend. Not sure if its game issue, drivers or this GPU is failing. Witcher 3 works normalny without those artifacts. There are also black lines crossing npcs like bugged textures
Bez tytułu.jpg

Hi,
i am glad to see that i am not the only person who have this problem. I have the exact same problem then you. The problem only appears when i have connected 2 monitors at the same time. When i've only one monitor connected i dont get these blackscreens.
I have an gtx 1080ti stric oc gaming from asus.
When i downgrade to an older driver as 451.67 wqhl i have much graphicbugs but dont get those blackscreens.....

I hope there will be a solution for this annoying problem.

Greetings

BecomeInsane

On the other hand, with a 1080ti and updated drivers I have the game locked at 10 fps, practically unplayable, I followed all the appropriate instructions and hacked into the nvidia panel but nothing, it always remains like this, can someone suggest something please?

Top Bottom